Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    For the initial application, UCAS contact details are all you need. I contacted a uni to ask if I could send a written as well but that is at the discretion of the uni.

For my uni, Derby, I was asked to bring a letter from the school when invited to interview. It's worth getting a letter from the class teacher if you're not going to be there later, just in case.
    Thanks for your advice. Fingers crossed, if I get a placement, I will make sure I get a letter.

ReputationRep:
    For the initial application, UCAS contact details are all you need. I contacted a uni to ask if I could send a written as well but that is at the discretion of the uni.

For my uni, Derby, I was asked to bring a letter from the school when invited to interview. It's worth getting a letter from the class teacher if you're not going to be there later, just in case.
    I went to derby for my undergrad! ..., thought id just throw that out there lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantaltyler)
    I went to derby for my undergrad! ..., thought id just throw that out there lol
    I'm loving it for my PGCE so far! :-)

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting on Monday and the nerves are certainly creeping up on me. I've had some really good feedback from my pre-course placement so I'm trying to remember that! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrissi86)
    I'm starting on Monday and the nerves are certainly creeping up on me. I've had some really good feedback from my pre-course placement so I'm trying to remember that! :-)
    Same here. Last day of the pre-course place is tomorrow. I'm excited about Uni and nervous as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm off on a trip with uni today...exploring 'outdoor learning'. Should be fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown shuga)
    Same here. Last day of the pre-course place is tomorrow. I'm excited about Uni and nervous as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck for Monday! :-)

ReputationRep:
    I'm off on a trip with uni today...exploring 'outdoor learning'. Should be fun!
    Sounds fantastic! I hope you had fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrissi86)
    Sounds fantastic! I hope you had fun!
    It was brilliant. We were able to see different ways of using the outdoors in learning as well as getting to know each other better. Lots of different activities and things...The perfect end for a great (but overwhelming and intense) induction to the course. :-D

It's only been a week and a half but I already feel like I've learnt so much!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everyone who has finished their first, or another week on pgce haha and good luck to everyone starting monday.... enjoy your weekends

[51SIZE=1]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE]

ReputationRep:
    It was brilliant. We were able to see different ways of using the outdoors in learning as well as getting to know each other better. Lots of different activities and things...The perfect end for a great (but overwhelming and intense) induction to the course. :-D

It's only been a week and a half but I already feel like I've learnt so much!
    With SHU? I did it on Wednesday, it was great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    With SHU? I did it on Wednesday, it was great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I'm with Derby. Such a good idea though, I think!

ReputationRep:
    ...also, anyone else starting to realise how tired they are? I woke up at 5 past 11 today, and I'm a morning person usually!! Aha.

ReputationRep:
    ...also, anyone else starting to realise how tired they are? I woke up at 5 past 11 today, and I'm a morning person usually!! Aha.
    I feel you. Sooo tired. I was planning on a lie in this morning, still woke up at 6:20. Feel like I have a hangover, if only i did!

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I've been feeling my eyes going heavy at 9.30pm, normally I don't go to bed til midnight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmam)
    Yes! I've been feeling my eyes going heavy at 9.30pm, normally I don't go to bed til midnight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I fell asleep at 10pm last night and didnt wake up til 8 30am. Lol... thats not like me

ReputationRep:
    I had that Monday after the first day but actually after that my body just kind of went oh ok! I'm slightly achey after all the walking and bending but that might be age

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing schools direct PGCE route? I got a last minute place on this year's course as someone dropped out. Very intense but I feel like I have learnt so much which is obviously great. I'm doing Primary so it is a very varied curriculum which I love!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachz)
    Anyone else doing schools direct PGCE route? I got a last minute place on this year's course as someone dropped out. Very intense but I feel like I have learnt so much which is obviously great. I'm doing Primary so it is a very varied curriculum which I love!
    Wow, that's a lot to take in on such short notice!! Glad you're enjoying it so far. :-)

I'm on the traditional PGCE so I'm yet to go into school.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's a lot to take in on such short notice!! Glad you're enjoying it so far. :-)

I'm on the traditional PGCE so I'm yet to go into school.
    How does it work for you then??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.