Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    Congratulations , nice job. I didnt have good grades either: ABBB.
    Thanks, have you got an offer for govt as well?

My GCSE's were 3A's and 4B's and an E!!!!

anyone else got govt offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackoRead)
    Thanks, have you got an offer for govt as well?

My GCSE's were 3A's and 4B's and an E!!!!

anyone else got govt offers?
    Nah mate. I applied for history.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Government and History in early November, so I still have 2 weeks until I hear back, unless they reply earlier! I don't think my PS was that strong looking back but I'm thinking positively

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Thanks! When I received the offer, LSE's email arrived at 10:31 am followed by the UCAS email at 10:45 am.

Good luck with LSE, which course did you apply for?
    Thanks!

I applied for straight Econ ... Still have two weeks until my 4 weeks end.

Kind of losing all my confidence of getting in during the endless waiting! I am really nervous about my LSE result, feel like a rej coming.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody applied for Management?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJY172)
    Anybody applied for Management?
    Yes what are your predictions and which email are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james8821)
    Yes what are your predictions and which email are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My predictions: 44
    HL Econ - 7
    HL Eng B - 7
    HL Math - 6
    SL Geo - 7
    SL Korean Lit - 7
    SL Chem - 7
    TOK - B
    EE - A

IGCSEs
    Econ - A
    Geo - A*
    Math - A*
    English A - A*

I got an email on 06 December 2013 to wait for 7 weeks... I hope I get an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJY172)
    My predictions: 44
    HL Econ - 7
    HL Eng B - 7
    HL Math - 6
    SL Geo - 7
    SL Korean Lit - 7
    SL Chem - 7
    TOK - B
    EE - A

IGCSEs
    Econ - A
    Geo - A*
    Math - A*
    English A - A*

I got an email on 06 December 2013 to wait for 7 weeks... I hope I get an offer
    Thats a very decent set of grades you have there. How was your PS?
    and you only did 5 subjects in IGCSE? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hieuluu)
    Thats a very decent set of grades you have there. How was your PS?
    and you only did 5 subjects in IGCSE? :O
    At my school we did MYP - Middle Years Programme made by IB - with IGCSE in grade 9 and 10 so we weren't encouraged to take as many IGCSEs. I only found out how important IGCSEs were when I started applying; I would have taken more IGCSEs if the school told us how important they were. My school also didn't have a large variety of IGCSEs to choose from and I wasn't particularly interested in IGCSE Science(6 hours of science a week :/) or any of the languages.

I think my PS was okay. I focused on not writing cliched things and stuff that was obviously BS. It's really difficult trying to be original. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for LSE and UCL (economics).Got offer from Warwick and York And rejected from cambridge. So nervous as it seems like many people have got response .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherrycui)
    Still waiting for LSE and UCL (economics).Got offer from Warwick and York And rejected from cambridge. So nervous as it seems like many people have got response .
    Many people haven't heard still Just wait and see what happens, either way you have offers from 2 great unis.

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for LSE and UCL (History) Offer from Bristol and Queen Mary and rejected from Oxford. We're in such a similar boat, hang in there! We're in this together....

x
    :tee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puella_optima)
    Waiting for LSE and UCL (History) Offer from Bristol and Queen Mary and rejected from Oxford. We're in such a similar boat, hang in there! We're in this together....

x
    :tee:
    I'm still waiting for History from LSE and UCL! Offers from Leeds, Nottingham and Leicester. I only know of maybe 4 people on this thread who have offers for History from LSE, and I know one guy who was rejected in December. We're still in the running! 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dayum I am still waiting for Warwick and UCL to reply its been 3 months and they haven't said much. But I do have my 2nd choice in LSE which is now my first after my Cambridge rejection

ReputationRep:
    LSE is better for Econ than both Oxford and Cambridge. If people choose Oxford or Cambridge over LSE then they are doing it for the institution and not the degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josiejo1970)
    LSE is better for Econ than both Oxford and Cambridge. If people choose Oxford or Cambridge over LSE then they are doing it for the institution and not the degree.
    LSE isn't better than Cambridge for Economics. I agree with you on Oxford though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josiejo1970)
    They're more or less the same. League tables put LSE above Cambridge for Econ but ever so slightly that no one would justify one being better than the other. In the end, everyone chooses Cambridge for the obvious reasons.

ReputationRep:
    LSE vs Oxbridge doesn't make much sense. I've seen so many people who told me that it doesn't make a huge difference where you studied. Let alone Cam vs LSE which are both amazing institutions. A 2:1 from Cam isn't as good as a first from LSE.

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely rejecting LSE for International Relations. I won't withdraw my application as I'm interested to see what my result will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gouratiltzen)
    I'm definitely rejecting LSE for International Relations. I won't withdraw my application as I'm interested to see what my result will be.
    Why ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.