ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    woopwoop!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *Opens club door*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    This weekend will be amazing. LoL All Star weekend :coma:
    Omg I'm so happy, I have no lessons tomorrow so All-Star Weekend to watch. Then on Saturday I'm going to the MCM expo.

I cannot wait for all-star, I made a gif set to showcase the teams. Although I could not find one for the entire Korean team.

http://burqaking.tumblr.com/post/511...-and-mechanics

ReputationRep:
    SONNET 116 CAME UP!
    I didn't even read the question, as soon as I read "Sonnet 116" I literally wrote down the essay I memorised, then at the end I was like :hmm: maybe I should check, thankfully I answered the right thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hard work pays off :yep:. I had all the points that I wanted to make in my head so when i started writing, magic was happening

(Original post by JustaDreamer)
    I can't believe I wrote about the general feelings and not the mother's...ah well. How did you find it Elm?
    I found the unseen poem quite challenging tbh.. I spoke about how she uses lack of punctuation which makes the pace of the poem fast, representing her daughter growing up quickly. Then when it starts to use more commas I said it slowed down the pace which suggest the mum wants to spend time with her daughter more.. Then I compared hanker chief and baby imagery in juxtaposition to her long hair (which is associated with femininity, womanhood)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themancunian)
    Ah okay, I wanted to do conflict but school wouldn't let me :l - But I have read through the other clusters so I have a vague idea of what's going on. Flag is quite an interesting poem with language suggesting that a flag can bring a mighty nation to it's knees
    Yes, did you go to poetry live? John Agard read it out and it was way better how he read it than you'd expect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Hard work pays off :yep:. I had all the points that I wanted to make in my head so when i started writing, magic was happening

I found the unseen poem quite challenging tbh.. I spoke about how she uses lack of punctuation which makes the pace of the poem fast, representing her daughter growing up quickly. Then when it starts to use more commas I said it slowed down the pace which suggest the mum wants to spend time with her daughter more.. Then I compared hanker chief and baby imagery in juxtaposition to her long hair (which is associated with femininity, womanhood)
    Wasn't really hard work because I was taking a BIG risk because I literally don't know ANYTHING else :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

My god your interpretations are good... I was rambling about.. God knows.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't have to go into school tomorrow but i'm still going anyway :L :L wtf ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    You obviously do! Hahaha Fish and i both noticed you speaking to me less! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't been active on this thread recently I've mainly been posting in exam threads.

ReputationRep:

I found it an ok poem, but then again I didn't answer it directly. I wrote about how the round wheels and the mother's mouth rounding might suggest how hesitation and careful care is needed for stability and good start in growing up...two wheels may suggest that both parents are needed for this to happen, which may contradict the reader's idea of this still happening with one parent...I think I said something about near the end the sentences change length, connoting jerkiness and contradicting a young person's idea of how easy it is to grow up...I should have mentioned punctuation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Don't you know? We're going out... -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I pity you for having such a burden. Best wishes though

ReputationRep:
    Haha if you call Cornwall nice then yeah lol, dw I'll have my phone with me so I'll probably post something
    Haha, fair enough! Will you get results texted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Loooool what are you talking about?

I think i know who you mean.. But elaborate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well people have been talking about skype and all that, you know?

And someone called CJ. It's a bit strange to skype with someone you don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Like between who? :sly:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Someone called CJ rings a bell. Perhaps??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    I don't have to go into school tomorrow but i'm still going anyway :L :L wtf ?
    lol why ?

I haven't got school until the 4th June :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I pity you for having such a burden. Best wishes though
    Lool I pity myself too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I need 6 UMS to pass Business Studies. Decent. Going for an A* though and it will be difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Yes, did you go to poetry live? John Agard read it out and it was way better how he read it than you'd expect.
    Nope, oh well! At least lit is now OVAH! :ahee:

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Haha, fair enough! Will you get results texted?
    No clue, probably emailed or something...

ReputationRep:
    Nope, oh well! At least lit is now OVAH! :ahee:

No clue, probably emailed or something...
    You can get them emailed to me... And I can forward them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    You can get them emailed to me... And I can forward them
    Hmm, maybe lol, I'll probably get a friend to collect them for me or get a relative

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, maybe lol, I'll probably get a friend to collect them for me or get a relative
    NOOOOOO, okay

I'm getting Jina's music result!:mmm:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.