Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
    How's everyone approached organisation/buying folders/stationary etc? I feel over-prepared
    First, hello! I don't believe I've met you before. ^.^

In answer to your question, I have also over organised myself. I bought two large binders to fit two subjects each, and also a small miscellaneous binder (mainly for ordinary sixth form stuff and EPQ).

I went mad at Sainsbury's with their buy one get one free offer. I bought four pukka pads (will buy a fifth) for home for each subject. The sixth form provides the students with exercise books. I also bought colouring pencils and gel pens just for the sake of it.

I wanted two pencil cases (one for colours and one for the important supplies) however, the one I ordered online at the start of August hasn't arrived yet. So for now, I'm left with one. I'm too excited for Sixth Form to let this bother me though. XD

I just can't wait to start tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    mine was biology too :five::lol:
    I don't even know how. I don't know a thing about Biology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I don't even know how. I don't know a thing about Biology
    haha i knew alot about biology really it was just memorising :lol: i think i got 389 UMS

ReputationRep:
    haha i knew alot about biology really it was just memorising :lol: i think i got 389 UMS
    I got 375 (370 and 369 in Chem and Physics):rolleyes:. Physics is supposed to be my best, then Chemistry, then Biology.

ReputationRep:
    I got 375 (370 and 369 in Chem and Physics):rolleyes:. Physics is supposed to be my best, then Chemistry, then Biology.
    Physics is easily my worst :lol: i got 350 and in chemistry i got 381

ReputationRep:
    Ahh i see well it is definitely an option, just a restricted one without Biology as more uni's are requiring to at least AS
    Ewww
    Highest UMS
    Yeah, I meant how much?
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    fish I thought you were doing loads of subjects?! :O
    F.Maths outside of lessons... And perhaps Spanish AS/2.

ReputationRep:
    two of my books arrive today. love the postman waking me up early grr

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so lucky, my mothers friend is the manager of the care home, directly next to my school so I can volunteer their in my frees. Then she is also neighbours with someone who tutors A-level maths. If I just focus and work hard, then hopefully there is a chance. If only fickle, that my dreams may come into fruition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)

Yep, it worked.
    Yes, me looking my best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Ewww

Yeah, I meant how much?

F.Maths outside of lessons... And perhaps Spanish AS/2.
    Haha :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    We got given folders for our sciences, but I have one for maths. Bought my text books last year. Have two A4 notepads, dividers, a set of maths equipment, rubber and ruler etc I have post it notes, highlighters. I'd consider myself well equipped

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That does sound pretty prepared! We're not being given anything from school, so I've got a ringbinder with dividers for each subject to archive work at home, a plastic wallet for each subject to bring to and from school with me, lots of lined paper and some highlighters

ReputationRep:
    Highest UMS
    Mine was English Lit....Don't even ask me how, I completely messed up on the easiest of questions by reading it wrong

ReputationRep:
    haha yes should help us recognise you more now
    Hopeful so, do you know who he is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wakemeup)
    I am most definitely over-prepared! I doubt I'll end up using half the stuff I've bought!
    Haha me too, I bought forty pens from ASDA just so I won't run out I know I'm just going to end up losing them all before they even get used!

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone approached organisation/buying folders/stationary etc? I feel over-prepared
    I went on a stationary binge last week, and I bought 4 ringbinders, a plastic wallet for notices, highlighters, scissors, a holepunch, hole reinforcers, mini fineliners, a mechanical pencil and pukka pads. I feel a little over-prepared too, but I love stationary, so...

ReputationRep:
    Hopeful so, do you know who he is?
    i recognise him and i could guess but i'm confident enough to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Yeah, I meant how much?
    375. 297/300 in exams. I suck at coursework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YanaIguana)
    First, hello! I don't believe I've met you before. ^.^

In answer to your question, I have also over organised myself. I bought two large binders to fit two subjects each, and also a small miscellaneous binder (mainly for ordinary sixth form stuff and EPQ).

I went mad at Sainsbury's with their buy one get one free offer. I bought four pukka pads (will buy a fifth) for home for each subject. The sixth form provides the students with exercise books. I also bought colouring pencils and gel pens just for the sake of it.

I wanted two pencil cases (one for colours and one for the important supplies) however, the one I ordered online at the start of August hasn't arrived yet. So for now, I'm left with one. I'm too excited for Sixth Form to let this bother me though. XD

I just can't wait to start tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why hello, I don’t believe I have met you either!

I have a binder for each subject too, though nothing for Critical Thinking and general enrichment-y stuff.

Oh I love Pukka pads, they’re great! That sounds like a lot more than what I have! We don’t get any books or anything at school, so I’ve decided (I’m copying this off someone on here ) to bring a notebook of lined paper to school each day, and I can use a fresh piece for each lesson. I have a plastic zip wallet for each subject, which I will put all that’s subjects homework and classwork etc in for reference in lessons, and when I get to the end of the topic I will archive it all at home in my ringbinder. I have ten paper dividers for each subject (apart from German, which has twenty, so I can organise vocab), and I can arrange my work by topic.

Ah yes, I get what you mean, I’ve bought highlighters and have packed gel pens in my pencil case even though I only really use them for revision. I re-packed my pencil case yesterday, it was surprisingly heavy and just full of pens and pencils, so I took a few out and replaced them with better highlighters.

It does feel lovely to be organised!

Haha, I hope you enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    i recognise him and i could guess but i'm confident enough to say
    Go on then ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiecat)
    I went on a stationary binge last week, and I bought 4 ringbinders, a plastic wallet for notices, highlighters, scissors, a holepunch, hole reinforcers, mini fineliners, a mechanical pencil and pukka pads. I feel a little over-prepared too, but I love stationary, so...
    Stationary is great! There's nothing wrong with being over-prepared A hole punch!! I need one of those, I broke my last one. Thank you for reminding me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.