x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Fixtures in two days, folks.

ReputationRep:
    The Championship is such a strange division but it definitely excites for anyone who believes there is more football than just the top 4 (no direct diss to anyone who supports higher rated clubs, but face it half the time they look at teams in the FA Cup and laugh). Quite a few teams I feel will really challenge for the top of the division, but mostly it depends how these teams do through their first 10-15 games. Leeds, being used as an example here, might have the strongest squad depth for the season, but could lose 7 of their first 15 games and only pick up 16 points, already practically out for the season. I always think television companies should pick up football below the Premier League, especially the BBC who could randomly air one game a week from each division, but a different team each week to balance it out. At least that way for those of us who don't follow the traditional rubbish of the Premier League can watch football for free in the comforts of our home without wasting WiFi.

In Dulwich Hamlet news, it seems some of our fan favourites are moving on, with Vidal heading up two division to Welling United, and ex-captain Terrell Forbes heading to Hemel Hempstead in the National South league. We've now lost one of our favourite songs, which is a shame, but new names coming through. An ever so exciting time for non-league.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Derby's new kit is lovely. A real throwback jersey which reminds me of England at Euro 2000 a little bit. Great work by Umbro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Derby's new kit is lovely. A real throwback jersey which reminds me of England at Euro 2000 a little bit. Great work by Umbro.

Just the sponsor that ruins it a bit
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Just the sponsor that ruins it a bit
    Such is the way of the modern world.

ReputationRep:
    Mowbray keen on signing Proschwitz, I can only assume he spent too much time in the sun on that beach holiday...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Crazy days at Wednesday as Stuart Gray is sacked (I go away for a week and this happens). The replacement front runner is a bit of a strange one - Carlos Carvalhal. I'm shocked this has happened now rather than at the end of the season (or rather at all!) and its quite unjust considering a renowned replacement hasn't been ushered in yet. Gray got the points needed with a lowish budget but his football was boring at times, I imagine he'll be feeling very hard done by.

At least the names being thrown around are far better than what we available last time (odds link).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Proschwitz is the only German who can't score penalties.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Capital One Cup first round draw:

ReputationRep:
    Yorkshire Derby for us. Naturally we'll lose like we always do to Yorkshire opposition.

Interestingly no Championship vs Championship fixture. Is that just from the luck of the draw or is that how it's meant to be?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yorkshire Derby for us. Naturally we'll lose like we always do to Yorkshire opposition.

Interestingly no Championship vs Championship fixture. Is that just from the luck of the draw or is that how it's meant to be?
    Luck of the draw I do believe.

ReputationRep:
    Only tasty fixture I see is Yeovil vs QPR, see how Yeovil pick themselves up really.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hull-Accrington is the one which springs out for me, and Bristol Rovers-Birmingham has potential too.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we can cause a major upset at Rochdale, the underdog always has a chance in this competition. I hope the lads won't be too fazed by their galactico opposition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Doncaster vs Leeds sounds the most interesting as it's a bit of a Yorkshire derby match
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I quite fancy Blackburn-Shrewsbury to be quite entertaining, if I'm honest. Burton are capable of upsetting Bolton on their day, too.

ReputationRep:
    I see that Luciano Becchio, former Leeds and Norwich player, has joined Atletico Belgrano in his native Argentina. Judging by his lack of goals recently, his career did seem to be sinking.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Luck of the draw I do believe.
    The draw is seeded and i'm pretty sure it's regionalised as well.

Which is fair as nobody wants Plymouth v Hartlepool or Exeter vs Middlesborough in the first week of the season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Aye, it's divided into south and north.

ReputationRep:
    Carlisle vs Plymouth would be a hell of a fixture

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.