Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Last time he was defending champion he lost in the semis to Federer, history may repeat itself but this time with Stan the Swiss man that does the job, he's been looking very solid so far. Of course that's all irrelevant if he loses to Cillic
    It may, but I think Federer is the one that's most in danger out of the big three going into the QFs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Last time he was defending champion he lost in the semis to Federer, history may repeat itself but this time with Stan the Swiss man that does the job, he's been looking very solid so far. Of course that's all irrelevant if he loses to Cillic
    Yeah, defending champions seem to be almost cursed at Wimbledon

ReputationRep:
    Another match where Azarenka should have beaten Serena but once again she lost. Serena keeps playing average tennis yet she has only lost one match this season.. She is really quite lucky that all her rivals are mental midgets. If Henin, Clijsters, Davenport, Hingis and peak Venus were playing today, she probably wouldn't have won a single tournament this year. She has played quite average for most of the season and all these players have beaten Serena when she was playing better than she has been this season.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Looking forward to tomorrow! Murray should thrash that Canadian guy (forgotten his name) but the other matches are very interesting indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    Another match where Azarenka should have beat Serena but once again she lost. Serena keeps playing average tennis yet she has only lost one match this season.. She is really quite lucky that all her rivals are mental midgets. If Henin, Clijsters, Davenport, Hingis and peak Venus were playing today, she probably wouldn't have won a single tournament this year. She has played quite average for most of the season and all these players have beaten Serena when she was playing better than she has been this season.
    Yup. Shame she never took the break point at 5-3.

Good to see Azarenka back on the way up though (top 20 after Wimbledon). Of the 10 times she's been beaten this season, 5 of them have been at the hands of Serena/Sharapova and she's beaten tonnes of high ranked players.

I look forward to a few deep runs in the hard court season where she performs best. I like her most at the moment in terms of women players.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Serena is just too powerful and too strong.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Federer beat Simon 6-3 7-5 6-2 in like 1h30 or so.

Wawrinka v Gasquet could be interesting, though I fully expect Stan to come through in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Federer vs Murray on Friday, as expected really. Neither played amazingly today, most likely trying to conserve energy.

ReputationRep:
    My tongue in cheek comments about my man Gasquet at the start of the tournament are growing momentum.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Murray reaches the pinnacle of Henman's career without breaking a sweat.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    As I predicted, Wawrinka v Gasquet has become interesting! Really hope Stan comes through since Gasquet would just get hammered by Novak.

ReputationRep:
    Thrilled that we're getting Federer vs Murray, although it was never in doubt, hopefully that's a classic and lives up to the hype. Wasn't expecting Djokovic to get past Cilic so easily, especially after the trouble he was in against Anderson. I'm sure Djokovic will be hoping for a 5th set on the scale of Isner and Mahut in this match between Gasquet and Wawrinka though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yesss! Stan has broken him back in the 5th. 4-5 on serve. C'mon Stan!!!! We want a rematch of the RG final.

ReputationRep:
    You've got to sense that Gasquet's thrown away a golden opportunity to reach another GS semi, will take a big momentum swing to get it back now

ReputationRep:
    Great match with Wawrinka and Gasquet, but you can tell Gasquet isn't a top 10 player, he just doesn't have it mentally when it starts to get tough
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Three hours have now gone by since this match started.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nooooo!!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly didn't expect Gasquet to have the mental fortitude to pull that off after failing to serve for it at 5-3 and facing a break point but he definitely proved me wrong. Djokovic will of course be the favourite in their match but Gasquet has shown here won't be a pushover

ReputationRep:
    Great job by Gasquet to get past Stan, he never gave up! Interesting semi-finals here as the Frenchman has denied us an all-Top 4 line up.
    I wonder which SF will take place first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Great job by Gasquet to get past Stan, he never gave up! Interesting semi-finals here as the Frenchman has denied us an all-Top 4 line up.
    I wonder which SF will take place first.
    Djokovic- Gasquet will definitely be first. The blockbuster semi is Federer-Murray so it'll be given the prime time slot I think

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.