Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingojango)
    Manchester PLS. Completed my interview on the 8th but still haven't heard. I know someone said that they had spoken to Nicola Stanley and she said that we would hear by this week but the interview itself said by the 20th and it just seems really random in terms of who hears. Really like IM though so hoping for the best!
    I'm in the same position! Manchester PLS ... STILL haven't heard anything. It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since I did the video interview. If it's a PFO i'd rather they just get on with it instead of drawing it way out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkZeppelin11)
    RE: Covington not necessarily. I received an interview offer at the start of March (and was eventually interviewed on March 18) last year so there's still some hope!
    cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Got a place on the White & Case Easter vacation scheme!

If it helps anyone, I did my video interview 48 hours after the first round of invitations went out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjsf)

If it helps anyone, I did my video interview 48 hours after the first round of invitations went out.
    Congrats! When and how did you find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjsf)

Grats! how did you find out? waiting on a reply too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyangelg)
    Congrats! When and how did you find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! Found out about an hour and a half ago via email. Very unexpected, so to anyone who doesn't think theirs went well - there is hope!

ReputationRep:
    emailed addleshaw goddard about the status of my application since i hadn't heard anything in a while.

42 minutes later i got a rejection lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leenz)
    Just got a PFO from Cleary Gottlieb... in the mail. Never got any emails from them, though would've thought that a simple email PFO would be easier (and cheaper) than mailing one.
    Would you mind sharing when you applied?

ReputationRep:
    If White & Case have begun to move, it looks like that awaited PFO will soon be arriving.

Has anyone heard anything yet from Gibson Dunn or are they one of those firms that take ages in dealing with applications?

ReputationRep:
    Ropes & Gray phone interview was disastrous. Good luck to anyone else who applied.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I finally got rejected from Cleary Gottlieb - they sent me an actual letter ! Best rejection ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKRP11)
    Ropes & Gray phone interview was disastrous. Good luck to anyone else who applied.
    Good lord mine is tomorrow, any tips/what not to say? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leenz)
    Just got a PFO from Cleary Gottlieb... in the mail. Never got any emails from them, though would've thought that a simple email PFO would be easier (and cheaper) than mailing one.
    Haha same, I found it so strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noel123)
    Good lord mine is tomorrow, any tips/what not to say? :eek:

Sad thing was that it wasn't hugely difficult. Very general questions, I was just very unprepared - never had a phone interview before, only ever been face to face, so I guess that threw me slightly. They launched straight in without any chit chat, so just be 100% ready. Only bad thing was they asked me to nominate a commercial story that I had been interested in recently, which I did, and then they were like "What about this story instead"? Which I hadn't prepared for, thought was a bit sneaky.

Just know your ins and outs of basic economics and how the commercial world works. They asked me questions like "What would happen if interest rates went up". Simple, but it threw me as it was out of the blue. Good luck ! Sure you'll be fine, I was just really unprepared, quite embarrassing really. Smash it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjsf)
    Thanks! Found out about an hour and a half ago via email. Very unexpected, so to anyone who doesn't think theirs went well - there is hope!
    Congratulations!! I've been waiting with high hopes since I completed my vid a week ago today. Surprised it was by email, I thought most firms called?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone Squire's yet? Seems like they're leaving it to Thurs/Fri!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TykeDragon)
    Congratulations!! I've been waiting with high hopes since I completed my vid a week ago today. Surprised it was by email, I thought most firms called?
    I think the fact that W&C base offers on video interviews tells you all you need to know about the time they have for recruiting their vac schemers..

ReputationRep:
    No news from Bird & Bird after they told me I passed the WG benchmark, but it seems people received both good and bad emails today... Going crazy on my inbox REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH!!! Please tell me I'm not the only one!?!?!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalipso708)
    No news from Bird & Bird after they told me I passed the WG benchmark, but it seems people received both good and bad emails today... Going crazy on my inbox REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH!!! Please tell me I'm not the only one!?!?!!!!
    Not the only one, I'm still waiting too! Don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKRP11)
    Sad thing was that it wasn't hugely difficult. Very general questions, I was just very unprepared - never had a phone interview before, only ever been face to face, so I guess that threw me slightly. They launched straight in without any chit chat, so just be 100% ready. Only bad thing was they asked me to nominate a commercial story that I had been interested in recently, which I did, and then they were like "What about this story instead"? Which I hadn't prepared for, thought was a bit sneaky.

Just know your ins and outs of basic economics and how the commercial world works. They asked me questions like "What would happen if interest rates went up". Simple, but it threw me as it was out of the blue. Good luck ! Sure you'll be fine, I was just really unprepared, quite embarrassing really. Smash it.
    Ah okay, thanks for the heads up! btw for future phone interviews, you can have notes lying around for a quick peek when you are stuck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.