Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pcabezas)
    Me too! It's so nice to know that you will at least get into one if all your other options say no! However, I'd rather get into Oxford (Being ultra optimistic haha), or Edinburgh (As a more realistic option)
    It goes without saying that Oxford would be my first choice as well, or St Andrews (by far a more realistic option). Anyway... which college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adynaton)
    It goes without saying that Oxford would be my first choice as well, or St Andrews (by far a more realistic option). Anyway... which college did you apply to?
    I made an open application, because I'm from Spain and I had no idea of what college to choose haha I have been allocated to St Hilda's, and you??

ReputationRep:
    I made an open application, because I'm from Spain and I had no idea of what college to choose haha I have been allocated to St Hilda's, and you??
    How wonderful, another EU applicant! I applied to Christ Church (just to make things a tiny bit more difficult, you know ahah)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adynaton)
    How wonderful, another EU applicant! I applied to Christ Church (just to make things a tiny bit more difficult, you know ahah)
    Haha So you like the callenge. Where are you from???

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the earliest date that interview invitations were sent last year?

ReputationRep:
    Haha So you like the callenge. Where are you from???
    Yeah, I'm the "make it or break it" kind of person ahah Italy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, anyone else on this thread applying to Magdalene for maths?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    Hi guys, anyone else on this thread applying to Magdalene for maths?
    Magdalene is at THE OTHER PLACE :mob: We do not speak of Magdalene in this thread :nope:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Magdalene is at THE OTHER PLACE :mob: We do not speak of Magdalene in this thread :nope:

Ah, is the spelling different here? Aren't they both named after Mary Magdalene?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveToArgue)
    Does anyone know the earliest date that interview invitations were sent last year?
    My invitation was sent by email on the 28th November (for arrival in Oxford on the 10th of December), and I think that most emails are sent about this amount of time beforehand (around 12 days, give or take a few days)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ah, is the spelling different here? Aren't they both named after Mary Magdalene?
    Magdalen* bro, it's also pronounced really weirdly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Dunno bout the origins of either college but in Oxford it's Magdalen :yep: (Pronounced Maudlin)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Why so few Trinity applicants? I've only found one other.
    Hopefully it will increase our chances!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveToArgue)
    Last year, the first invitations went out on the 20th November, I believe

ReputationRep:
    I got my LMH confirmation today!! Yay!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a second email from New College, and looking on this thread, everyone has got two emails from Oxford... Should I be concerned ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnny Keaveney)
    I haven't got a second email from New College, and looking on this thread, everyone has got two emails from Oxford... Should I be concerned ...
    I haven't got a second email from my college (Merton) as well. I hope it is no reasons to be concerned.. Maybe some colleges are just a bit later than the others..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportyannie)
    I got my LMH confirmation today!! Yay!
    Whoooop, LMH! What subject are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    They added the e! Both were Magdalen but Magdalene Cambridge added an 'e' cos their post kept going to Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KombatWombat)
    They added the e! Both were Magdalen but Magdalene Cambridge added an 'e' cos their post kept going to Oxford.
    Understandable! I actually did the same when emailing the admissions officer a question about my application :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.