Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aisha 56)
    Hi.. I got rejected by LSE and I was thinking of reapplying next year with my actual grades.. the reason I was rejected because of my AS level results which were AACC.. But I am predicted A* A,B.. Any suggestions about what should i do? should I reapply?
    I'm no expert but defo having the full a level grades is advantageous, though it depends what other offers you have, if none are on a par with lse and you feel you're better than them then reapplying is defo worth the shot, but you've got to have the mental strength to get through that gap year - idk if i have it myself but props to anybody who does and gets what they want a year later. if you're set on reapplying I recommend working as hard as you can to maximise your a2 grades, with a*aa+ you defo have higher chances

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djsimpy)
    lol allowwwwwwww nittybridge it's a myth, man don't see any Goldman Sachs recruiters preeing the journey up there no more fam..
    glad they rejected me.........
    innit.........................

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Opinion of Goldman Sachs employers> 😂😎💷

ReputationRep:
    Will today be an offer monday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    yeah exactly, idk I would probably find a work experience placement and start a portfolio to help me for ib applications, idk how I could use the gap year to improve my econ application as that'd have to be done for october, at least for the UK. I am really undecided though because if I felt that I wasn't getting the same attention being a UCL student as oxbridge/lse grads for jobs (unlikely), I'd probs make up for it by doing a post-grad somewhere prestigious (for me preferably the US) but its such a big decision that it defo needs thinking about
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Yes LSE and Oxbridge are stronger than UCL but I think UCL is also a very strong school and well known internationally. In addition, doing a post grad somewhere like LSE or Oxbridge I think is sure to strengthen applications anywhere you go. Also if you have a look at Linked In rankings for the best schools for IB which is based on RECENT graduates success in landing 'desirable' IB jobs (BB and other big banks) I think UCL comes second, above Oxbridge and Warwick (first being LSE). Of course it is completely your decision but there is also no guarantee you would get into LSE/Oxbridge if you were to reapply (not trying to sound horrible but I have heard of like 3/4A* candidates being rejected)

Best of luck to whatever you decide to do and I hope you get your LSE offer! Although, UCL would be more turnt 😏

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabbst16)
    Hi
    anyone taking the UGAA at the School?
    aaand..anyone from Romania here?
    Eu sunt român 😄 - I've come to Scotland to finish the last 2 years of high school tho. Got an offer for Management. What course are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomixox)
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Yes LSE and Oxbridge are stronger than UCL but I think UCL is also a very strong school and well known internationally. In addition, doing a post grad somewhere like LSE or Oxbridge I think is sure to strengthen applications anywhere you go. Also if you have a look at Linked In rankings for the best schools for IB which is based on RECENT graduates success in landing 'desirable' IB jobs (BB and other big banks) I think UCL comes second, above Oxbridge and Warwick (first being LSE). Of course it is completely your decision but there is also no guarantee you would get into LSE/Oxbridge if you were to reapply (not trying to sound horrible but I have heard of like 3/4A* candidates being rejected)

Best of luck to whatever you decide to do and I hope you get your LSE offer! Although, UCL would be more turnt
    fair man I agree tbh I'm defo thinking UCL is gonna be worth it

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else finding A2 micro a load of crap? I don't know if it's just OCR but this s**t is DULL

ReputationRep:
    fair man I agree tbh I'm defo thinking UCL is gonna be worth it
    Yeah most definitely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samu16)
    Will today be an offer monday?
    Hope so

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else finding A2 micro a load of crap? I don't know if it's just OCR but this s**t is DULL
    Do you do transport?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reebex)
    Eu sunt român ������ - I've come to Scotland to finish the last 2 years of high school tho. Got an offer for Management. What course are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha Management, but I have to take the ugaa because of the baccalaureate

ReputationRep:
    Do you do transport?
    No thank god; work and leisure

ReputationRep:
    No thank god; work and leisure
    Lucky you...

ReputationRep:
    Haha I do! So damn boring and kinda difficult. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ftrstudent15)
    Need some advice, please.

I got an offer for Management from LSE. However, for the last month I've been having this constant 'fight' with myself wondering if it's the right thing for me or if I should have applied to Law.

I thought of taking a gap and then applying to Law but all good and worth work experience placements closed their application process by now.

Do you think I could go on do my first year of Management and then, if I think it wasn't the right one, I could apply again through UCAS for Law? Anyone else went through this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you do management, you can take a postgraduate 'conversion course' and get licensed to practise. That course, incidentally, takes about a year, so by the end of the 4 years, you get a bsc in management from LSE and a license to practise law.

The question is what you will do with your gap year. If you do something that is more worthwhile than a bsc (aid worker in Africa maybe?) then take a gap year. Otherwise go for conversion

Another option is education in America. In the US law is studied postgrad (there is no such thing as an undergrad law degree). Also in the us you finish with a JD rather than an LLB. You can finish your management degree at LSE and then apply to Harvard, Columbia or Yale law - degrees from which would set you up for.life.

Of.course, given that you have never studied law or management, you may find that you absolutely love management and want to get an mba.

It is up to you whether you value a gap year more that the extra degree. You can definitely still do law after.

ReputationRep:
    You peeps who got management offers, well done! I'm still a hopeful ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm no expert but defo having the full a level grades is advantageous, though it depends what other offers you have, if none are on a par with lse and you feel you're better than them then reapplying is defo worth the shot, but you've got to have the mental strength to get through that gap year - idk if i have it myself but props to anybody who does and gets what they want a year later. if you're set on reapplying I recommend working as hard as you can to maximise your a2 grades, with a*aa+ you defo have higher chances
    Thank you soo much You made my day from this advice

ReputationRep:
    Received an offer for Economics BSc from on Thursday the 19th Feb. Applied after receiving A2 grades (so with a gap year).
    Acquired A*A*AB (Maths ,Econ ,Geo & Further Maths). GCSE 6A* 4A's. Attended Hills Road, Netherhall and St Albans as my schooling. They were all non-private schools. Born in Sri Lanka but Nationality is British.

Rejected from Oxford E&M (St Peters), most likely due to weak TSA performance (55).

Currently undecided on whether to pick UCL with a year abroad at UCLA/Columbia OR LSE Straight Econ.

If you're reading this thread it probably won't be useful to you if you haven't received an offer or rejection because all it made me do is be more apprehensive. All you really need to take away from this thread and last years thread is that most of the Offers come around March time. The longer you're mean't to wait really doesn't mean that much, because if they didn't want you they would have rejected you already. Regardless, here is all my info. Also, LSE aren't that strict. I had a friend that was accepted last year to do straight Econ with an A*AAa prediction 'a' in AS further. She got A*AAa, she only did AS further in her A2 year. Her personal statement was good, not filled with lots of extra curricular at all, just good economic content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aisha 56)
    Thank you soo much You made my day from this advice
    Glad I can help but it really is just my opinion, it's a big decision and you need to do a lot of thinking - finding someone who did a gap year from your situation would be beneficial

ReputationRep:
    Glad I can help but it really is just my opinion, it's a big decision and you need to do a lot of thinking - finding someone who did a gap year from your situation would be beneficial
    Yeah I agree.. It depends on my final results which will decide what i'm going to do next.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.