Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Current Year 13 thread Mark I (2014-2015) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowninginsound)
    Fair enough, brave decision! Though I guess if Bath is only place you really want to go then there's no point applying elsewhere.

Yeah I went down to UCL in June and really liked it, surprisingly. I thought that coming from a small rural town that London would be a massive culture shock but I think I could cope. I prefer Bath as a place and university, but UCL's course is probably better suited to what I want to do...
    What exactly is it that you want to do? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are people going to visit all the places they have offers on? I was thinking about just going to my potential firm and insurance, but my friends are going to all of them which just seems a bit much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcat)
    Are people going to visit all the places they have offers on? I was thinking about just going to my potential firm and insurance, but my friends are going to all of them which just seems a bit much.
    I think that's fine, going to 5 seems a bit overkill to me as well. Perhaps look for virtual tours on the university websites?

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone's studies going?I've got to stop procrastinating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I think that's fine, going to 5 seems a bit overkill to me as well. Perhaps look for virtual tours on the university websites?
    Good shout, I hadn't thought about virtual tours. 5 just seems like a bit of a waste of money when at the end of the day you can only choose to two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    What exactly is it that you want to do? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not too sure, maybe research in environmental materials chemistry but I don't know yet. (Definitely some sort of research though.) UCL's course is a lot broader and more flexible and I could do Earth Sciences alongside everything else, which I can't do at Bath. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Not too sure, maybe research in environmental materials chemistry but I don't know yet. (Definitely some sort of research though.) UCL's course is a lot broader and more flexible and I could do Earth Sciences alongside everything else, which I can't do at Bath. :dontknow:
    There's a research project in the ChemEng course in Bath, industry or abroad that I really like the sound of. Do they not have something similar for Natural Sciences?

I think you should go for the one you think you'd be happier at - but that's probably a hard call to make :lol: but I think London is a bit riskier...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    There's a research project in the ChemEng course in Bath, industry or abroad that I really like the sound of. Do they not have something similar for Natural Sciences?

I think you should go for the one you think you'd be happier at - but that's probably a hard call to make :lol: but I think London is a bit riskier...
    I applied for the year in industry placement at Bath alongside the Masters (so a 5 year course) which seems pretty cool. As I've said, I'm still completely undecided between the two.

I honestly don't know where I'd be happier at. I do feel like living in London would be totally crazy though! Though Bath is further form home... (which may actually be a good thing?!)

Got an offer from UEA today, was kind of hoping they'd ask for AAA but sadly not the case. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the year in industry placement at Bath alongside the Masters (so a 5 year course) which seems pretty cool. As I've said, I'm still completely undecided between the two.

I honestly don't know where I'd be happier at. I do feel like living in London would be totally crazy though! Though Bath is further form home... (which may actually be a good thing?!)

Got an offer from UEA today, was kind of hoping they'd ask for AAA but sadly not the case. :lol:
    Are all of your offers going to be A*AA? :lol: Cambridge want A*A*A this year right?

Depends on how much you like living with your parents? Personally, I like being away from them
    Encourages independence and stuff, innit

Worse comes to worse, flip a coin - and if you were hoping for one side more than the other then that's the one you want to go to

Actually, I wouldn't recommend basing a major life decision on a coin flip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    How's everyone's studies going?I've got to stop procrastinating!
    It's going well for biology. Really struggling with chemistry though, A2 class tests are really difficult !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Are all of your offers going to be A*AA? :lol: Cambridge want A*A*A this year right?

Depends on how much you like living with your parents? Personally, I like being away from them
    Encourages independence and stuff, innit

Worse comes to worse, flip a coin - and if you were hoping for one side more than the other then that's the one you want to go to

Actually, I wouldn't recommend basing a major life decision on a coin flip
    Cambridge would be A*A*A (though I probably won't get an offer ) and Durham could even be A*A*AA, though I don't care about Durham anymore.

Haha, no, it'll be good to get away from this tiny little town and live somewhere a bit more exciting! (Half the reason I don't want to go to Durham...) It's just quite tricky to get to Bath, that's all. I don't care how far away I have to go though, I kind of accepted from the start that wherever I end up, it's going to be a trek to get there. How far away do you live from Bath?

Erm, I may not flip a coin... :lol: I may just write up a massive pros and cons list...

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge would be A*A*A (though I probably won't get an offer ) and Durham could even be A*A*AA, though I don't care about Durham anymore.

Haha, no, it'll be good to get away from this tiny little town and live somewhere a bit more exciting! (Half the reason I don't want to go to Durham...) It's just quite tricky to get to Bath, that's all. I don't care how far away I have to go though, I kind of accepted from the start that wherever I end up, it's going to be a trek to get there. How far away do you live from Bath?

Erm, I may not flip a coin... :lol: I may just write up a massive pros and cons list...
    That's what I did I live around 2 hours ish from Bath, around 2 hours ish from Cambridge too (by car)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    That's what I did I live around 2 hours ish from Bath, around 2 hours ish from Cambridge too (by car)
    What, flipping a coin or writing a list? Ahh fair enough. I just live ages from anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    What, flipping a coin or writing a list? Ahh fair enough. I just live ages from anywhere.
    Where? On the rings of Saturn? On a remote island in Scotland? :lol:

Writing a list, but I did it in my head

I can write it for you (the list I came up with) if it would help give you some ideas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcat)
    Yeah I agree with you and Bude, as long as its not essential and you have your mind firmly set on which Unis you want as firm/insurance I don't really see why, especially if they're really far away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Where? On the rings of Saturn? On a remote island in Scotland? :lol:

Writing a list, but I did it in my head

I can write it for you (the list I came up with) if it would help give you some ideas
    Hmm, living on Saturn would be fun but highly impractical. :lol: Durham is the nearest decent place and that's just under an hour away...

That would actually be really helpful, could you pm me the list?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1417613814.677089.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  135.6 KB

The boarding dorms

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody by any chance have the OCR A Physics G481: Mechanics paper (or mark scheme) from May 2014? If so, could you please upload it.

Much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Learning to code innit... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inevitable)
    Does anybody by any chance have the OCR A Physics G481: Mechanics paper (or mark scheme) from May 2014? If so, could you please upload it.

Much appreciated.
    Trust me, you do not want that paper with the ostrich & density of wood hahaha

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.