Pacquiao - dat speed doe.
TeeEff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JoeL1994)
Pacquiao - dat speed doe.
I'd agree. Mayweather has a great defence and is the more intelligent player but Pacquiao just moves too quick. Could be risky for Pacquiao if he goes too aggressive leaving himself open for Mayweather to land a hard hitting counter-punch though.
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Financier)
I'd agree. Mayweather has a great defence and is the more intelligent player but Pacquiao just moves too quick. Could be risky for Pacquiao if he goes too aggressive and Mayweather lands an excellent counter-punch though.
It's the way Pacquiao will land the combos and it'll be that one final left which you can tell is like getting hit by a freight train. Mayweather is a tank, he'll take the hits and defend where he can but I think Pacquiao will just dance around him.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Interesting to hear about this injured shoulder of his.
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in day two of a massive hangover.

Drinking to forget is not recommended, kids.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by InnerTemple)
I'm in day two of a massive hangover.

Drinking to forget is not recommended, kids.
Weak

Posted from TSR Mobile
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personal tab - too late
Damnit! Mind you, I've just completed a hard day's revision, so I feel I may have earned a pint or five.
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
shut up with the banal pretend alcohol thing already. You're worse than little girls sipping pretend tea with dolls.
JoeL1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
shut up with the banal pretend alcohol thing already. You're worse than little girls sipping pretend tea with dolls.
With all due respect, go forth and multiply.

(Original post by thehistorybore)
Damnit! Mind you, I've just completed a hard day's revision, so I feel I may have earned a pint or five.
Ergh the clubs here aren't opening till 10 tonight so I'm stuck sober for now >.>
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
With all due respect, go forth and multiply.
A rather strange response.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's right, we should just be at each other's throats all the time, instead of having some fun. That'll help draw people to the MHoC.
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
That's right, we should just be at each other's throats all the time, instead of having some fun. That'll help draw people to the MHoC.
If you look at how everyone in tsr behaves, that's exactly what will draw people in. It's what drew me in.

Although that's hardly the point. The point is that it's ridiculous. I actually used to think you guys were arranging a meet up for like two days of it, and then i realised you were all pretending i was like :confused:

Nice passive aggressive smiley. When you put it after the full stop it's extra flamey; bravo on your technique.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you look at how everyone in tsr behaves, that's exactly what will draw people in. It's what drew me in.

Although that's hardly the point. The point is that it's ridiculous. I actually used to think you guys were arranging a meet up for like two days of it, and then i realised you were all pretending i was like :confused:
It also puts a lot of people off. I know quite a few people who would be interested in the MHoC if it were a more pleasant environment for debate. I don't mean that they're expecting rainbows and butterflies and fluffy bunnies, but it can get quite petty and unpleasant in here. And as it is, the current election doesn't help, because it seems to bring out the worst in people - it's exactly what people are sick and tired off in RL.

Everything we do in here is play pretend. We're not real political parties. Those manifestos out there are not real manifestos. Our bills, our motions, our elections, it's all pretend. We're the geeky corner of TSR. Perhaps only defeated in geekiness by the MUN. Now, I understand that the silliness in here may not be for you, and that is fair enough. Personally, though, it's helped me create some friendships with members from other parties. It's also helped diffuse some tensions during current dramas.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It also puts a lot of people off. I know quite a few people who would be interested in the MHoC if it were a more pleasant environment for debate. I don't mean that they're expecting rainbows and butterflies and fluffy bunnies, but it can get quite petty and unpleasant in here. And as it is, the current election doesn't help, because it seems to bring out the worst in people - it's exactly what people are sick and tired off in RL.

Everything we do in here is play pretend. We're not real political parties. Those manifestos out there are not real manifestos. Our bills, our motions, our elections, it's all pretend. We're the geeky corner of TSR. Perhaps only defeated in geekiness by the MUN. Now, I understand that the silliness in here may not be for you, and that is fair enough. Personally, though, it's helped me create some friendships with members from other parties. It's also helped diffuse some tensions during current dramas.
Agreed - the whisky does always help. Although I guess a diet coke for you???

I will respond to your PM but it's not displaying properly on mobile so will reply later

Posted from TSR Mobile
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

It isn't a pleasant environment?

I don't mind silliness. Having to read through pages and pages of conversation about literally nothing is just pointless though. Like, i don't see what purpose it serves. Is it funny? no. Is it informative? No. Is it an argument? No.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Agreed - the whisky does always help. Although I guess a diet coke for you???

I will respond to your PM but it's not displaying properly on mobile so will reply later

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aye, good Sir! Thank you!

And no worries.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It isn't a pleasant environment?

I don't mind silliness. Having to read through pages and pages of conversation about literally nothing is just pointless though. Like, i don't see what purpose it serves. Is it funny? no. Is it informative? No. Is it an argument? No.
Not really. This last term hasn't been, and it's meant the CT appointing a mod, which we didn't have before. Now, the CT want to be proud of the MHoC, and to support it - they even mentioned us to the RL parties - but recent events are not placing us in a good light. And if we become more trouble than we're worth for such a small community, we only have to look at what happened with the shoutbox. Personally speaking, I don't want that to happen here.

Some people enjoy it. It's a bit of lighthearted, cross-party chitchat amongst the general competitiveness.
Midnightmemories
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
...If only i could rep you right now...
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Midnightmemories)
...If only i could rep you right now...
It's the thought that counts!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.5%
No I haven't decided yet (42)
21%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.5%

Watched Threads