Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    OCR econ?
    edexcel but eco in general

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can anyone help? I've changed my mobile number but can't update it on track due to them processing exam results, reckon i should contact my firm and insurance to let them know or just leave it? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

IS ANYONE ELSE CONSTANTLY CONTEMPLATING WHAT THEY WROTE AND WHERE? THIS IS FOR ALL SUBJECTS. I just can't stop questioning whether I wrote certain things here and there in my exams

ReputationRep:
    Lol at some AS students who don't care about results because they don't count towards A2 grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Lol at some AS students who don't care about results because they don't count towards A2 grade
    Ngl this is me- apart from maths which will count towards my overall grade and German (which I'm dropping this year) but I still don't really care about those two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    why dont they count towards their a2 grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoex101)
    why dont they count towards their a2 grades?
    New A -Level specs make it a you just sit the real real AS and A2 at the end of two years of course a few subjects haven't been changed yet like maths so they still matter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamzy45)
    Aha thank god i'm not the only one, tell me about it. How did you find unit 5 bio and what are your predictions of the GB ?
    I think unit 4 bio will be around 61 for an A* and unit 5 bio will be around 63 for an A*. How did you find unit 5 relative to previous years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrandMasti)
    I think unit 4 bio will be around 61 for an A* and unit 5 bio will be around 63 for an A*. How did you find unit 5 relative to previous years?
    That would be lovely. Unit 5 was kind of standard tbh around the same difficulty as previous year but it was easier. Had a few weird marks but overall quite decent I think if i can remember properly. How did you find it? and what other subjects do you do?

ReputationRep:
    ****ing a levels. Need 4a*s overall to meet my firm choice and A*A*AA for insurance.
    Already have A*A*.
    Major ****ed up this year lol. Probs got A*A*BB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anybody do OCR chemistry, AQA physics or OCR MEI Further Maths? Predictions for A* grade boundaries/full ums?
    My Predictions:
    F324 A*: 54/60
    F325 A*: 85/100
    PHYA4 A*: 59/75
    PHYA5 A*: 60/75
    DE full ums: 72/72
    FP1 full ums: 70/72
    FP2 full ums: 70/72??
    M2 full ums: 70/72
    S2 full ums: 72/72
    S3 full ums: 72/72
    Edits and replies will be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enyav)
    AQA are so cruel, my french teachers both gasped when they saw the exam paper, people are probably going to drop two grades and it's so disheartening
    Really? My French teachers didn't think it was any harder than usual Nor did I tbh, but I came out thinking it had gone terribly because half of our listening tracks were missing so that derailed the exam and distracted us all whilst we were waiting for the problem to be resolved and French is my hardest subject so I was always extra worried about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    History and Politics :/
    Are you edexcel and A2? For History coursework i did the Russian revolution and for the exam i did tudors 1536-1588 (i think those are the right years). And for politics I did political ideologies whi h i think i really messed up in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    Classic civ? A2? AQA?
    Edexcel I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliedurban98)
    can anyone help? I've changed my mobile number but can't update it on track due to them processing exam results, reckon i should contact my firm and insurance to let them know or just leave it? Thanks
    Phone UCAS and they'll change it for you. The universities are then automatically notified by them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catsinnit)
    Are you edexcel and A2? For History coursework i did the Russian revolution and for the exam i did tudors 1536-1588 (i think those are the right years). And for politics I did political ideologies whi h i think i really messed up in.
    Yeah I did Edexcel but we did the Cuban Missile Crisis and the balance of power for the coursework. For the exam we did USA 1920-50s. Politics I did US politics which I'm so worried about :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...-level-results

This may calm your mind down that even if you dont do well, it could be a blessing in disguise
    That's a great article:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    ****ing a levels. Need 4a*s overall to meet my firm choice and A*A*AA for insurance.
    Already have A*A*.
    Major ****ed up this year lol. Probs got A*A*BB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At least you're gonna meet ur step, A*A*A* isn't gonna help me when I missed the important stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a bad results day dream last night that I ended up failing all of my A-Levels.*

I finished my A-Levels and got my results 2 years ago :indiff:

Good luck everyone - I'm afraid I won't be around to help much this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Any stat on things like % of students who go into clearing or get their firm?
    https://twitter.com/ucas_online/stat...42505440468992
    About two thirds of students get into their firm, one eighth get in through Clearing

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.