Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Any particular reason for the Uruguay support

Anyways looking forward to seeing the last 16 kicking off with Uruguay v South Korea tomorrow.
    Yea my step mother is from there :p:

ReputationRep:
    Much better than Jan, I thought. Was pretty sure of everything I wrote in that exam. Still probably can't get an A though

WHY IS IT PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO GET AN A?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v1oXx-)
    In the liver.
    shiish
    i put muscle for where was gycogen produced
    does anyone think i might get half a mark ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueberry123)
    shiish
    i put muscle for where was gycogen produced
    does anyone think i might get half a mark ?
    Sorry to say...half marks don't exist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacko0892)
    i know but i ment like is there anyone else who got the same answer?
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacko0892)
    :rofl: jokes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    how do you get 39/40 for coursework? i always seem to muck up my courseworks even for AS
    dunno im always getting good marks in c.w, even though everyone in the rest of the class gets like half marks, when i do it i usally write what i think the moderator would like to see rather then whats actually happening and i get the marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHILLIN-DRAGON)
    dunno im always getting good marks in c.w, even though everyone in the rest of the class gets like half marks, when i do it i usally write what i think the moderator would like to see rather then whats actually happening and i get the marks
    what is it that they like to see? use of key words e.g. indepedent/dependent variable?

ReputationRep:
    what is it that they like to see? use of key words e.g. indepedent/dependent variable?
    kinda ye, i would read the book and if my experiment didnt go how i expected i just wrote down the results i thought the examiner would like.

kinda stupid that i had to do that to get good marks but when other people actually follow it they dont, ocr really need to fix alot of things

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write when comparing the sugars, starch and sucrose ?

For the second one on cellulose I wrote what other people got about humans not being able to digest it, since the don't have the enzymes.

Also for the table (comparing glycogen and glucagon) would it be okay if I put down Glycogen as a carbohydrate ?

Also there was one question about photorespiration ? Something like why is this an outline of Photorespiration, what did you guys put for that ?

ReputationRep:
    i put glycogen down as a sugar and i think that should be right. there will be other asnwers e.g. polysaccharide. and yeh i think carbohydrate should be fine. for the uses of glycogen, i put down glycogenesis and glycogenolysis and said what each one is. and i think i put down its made in the hepatocytes which should be fine too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redfanatic)
    i put glycogen down as a sugar and i think that should be right. there will be other asnwers e.g. polysaccharide. and yeh i think carbohydrate should be fine. for the uses of glycogen, i put down glycogenesis and glycogenolysis and said what each one is. and i think i put down its made in the hepatocytes which should be fine too.
    i put down 'energy storage '

ReputationRep:
    yeh thats right. i just put more than what was necessary down!

i really want to see a copy of the paper so i can work out my mark.

ReputationRep:
    for where it is produced do you think "liver" would be OK?......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DR_X)
    for where it is produced do you think "liver" would be OK?......
    yea that would be ok

"The liver performs several roles in carbohydrate metabolism:

* Gluconeogenesis (the synthesis of glucose from certain amino acids, lactate or glycerol). Note that humans and some other mammals cannot synthesize glucose from glycerol.
    * Glycogenolysis (the breakdown of glycogen into glucose)
    * Glycogenesis (the formation of glycogen from glucose)(muscle tissues can also do this)
    "

source wiki

so either muscle or liver would do

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I put down energy storage in animals.

ReputationRep:
    yea that would be ok

"The liver performs several roles in carbohydrate metabolism:

* Gluconeogenesis (the synthesis of glucose from certain amino acids, lactate or glycerol). Note that humans and some other mammals cannot synthesize glucose from glycerol.
    * Glycogenolysis (the breakdown of glycogen into glucose)
    * Glycogenesis (the formation of glycogen from glucose)(muscle tissues can also do this)
    "

source wiki

so either muscle or liver would do
    yaaaaaaay :woo:

do you remember how many marks that box was worth?

ReputationRep:
    did people in you're college do less well than last year??

in my college people did less well than last year, like people who got good A's in the ISA got like Bs and Cs

last year for ISAs the grade boundary was 33/40 for an A, so i think it will drope by like only 2 marks so around 31.

(Original post by CHILLIN-DRAGON)

ReputationRep:

Yup it was worth 3 marks

ReputationRep:

it was 3 marks if i remember correctly. there was 6 boxes so i guess every 2 boxes you get right will be a mark!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.