Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I emailed Macfarlanes to find out about my application. Expecting a PFO any minute now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sports007)
    Not the only one, I'm still waiting too! Don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep - I'm waiting too. This happened with the WG responses too - I only got mine about six hours after the first ones heard, so I assume it will be the same this time round. Good luck all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twizzzzzzter)
    Anyone Squire's yet? Seems like they're leaving it to Thurs/Fri!
    Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they have an AC for Squires Manchester. What office did you apply for? I still haven't heard anything!

ReputationRep:
    Also been invited to a bird & bird interview. My internet is awful unfortunately, skype tends to drop calls every 5mins or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zooly1)
    Yep - I'm waiting too. This happened with the WG responses too - I only got mine about six hours after the first ones heard, so I assume it will be the same this time round. Good luck all!
    Oh ok then.. it's already 7 PM so I think we might only hear from them tomorrow at this point? Sweet dreams everybody haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooOldForTC)
    Well I can take Bristows off the list - that went terribly!
    Hi i have an interview with Bristows this week. May I ask what went so terribly and are the questions mostly competency based?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still waiting on Pinsent Masons London?

ReputationRep:
    I've had another email from Linklaters, saying that I'd been rejected for the vac scheme (I'd already been rejected by email the other day) but inviting me to apply for a training contract

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sian.)
    Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they have an AC for Squires Manchester. What office did you apply for? I still haven't heard anything!
    I'm London. They've said that they'll be contacting this week ("hopefully"), so fingers crossed tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    I think the fact that W&C base offers on video interviews tells you all you need to know about the time they have for recruiting their vac schemers..
    Thats a huge improvement on last year lol - I got a vacation scheme with them from just filling out an application form last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    I've had another email from Linklaters, saying that I'd been rejected for the vac scheme (I'd already been rejected by email the other day) but inviting me to apply for a training contract
    Should definitely take it as a good sign. Means that they were impressed with your application but have already given away their places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baldwisl02)
    Anyone still waiting on Pinsent Masons London?
    I am expecting a rejection by the end of this week, since in the acknowledgement email they mentioned that the last AC was scheduled to be last week.

Edit: sorry just realised that maybe you are waiting post-AC.

ReputationRep:
    Any news post video interview from Hill Dickinson??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence18)
    Should definitely take it as a good sign. Means that they were impressed with your application but have already given away their places.
    Thanks - though it couldn't have been that they'd already given away all their places as I applied in December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawstruggs)
    Hi i have an interview with Bristows this week. May I ask what went so terribly and are the questions mostly competency based?
    It was a video interview and I waffled as I had no reactions to go off of. The questions did not go much beyond what was asked in the application form in terms of why law, why Bristows etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Thanks - though it couldn't have been that they'd already given away all their places as I applied in December
    ...or they simply think that your application for a TC is good enough even without their vac scheme on it. :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    Very strange timing, but just got email offer from White & Case for summer vac scheme. Got a Cleary rejection in the mail this morning as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence18)
    ...or they simply think that your application for a TC is good enough even without their vac scheme on it. :wink2:
    I like that analysis :rofl: but can't be true!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done a Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co assessment centre and able to shed some light on it? I only know people who did it pre-merger! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Still no peep from IM, Boodle Hatfield or any other firm I applied to! Do firms generally silent PFO for Vac Schemes or do most actually send rejections by email?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.