Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    I haven't got a second email from my college (Merton) as well. I hope it is no reasons to be concerned.. Maybe some colleges are just a bit later than the others..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok cool thanks for that, quite reassuring!! Good luck btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs11)
    Hopefully it will increase our chances!!
    Yeah I hope so too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pythian)
    Anyone applying to Harris Manchester?
    I am, i have applied for law there What about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pcabezas)
    Yup, as you have alredy been told, they will tell us in the last weeks of november. You can search online the dates for your course's interview, and you'll know that they will notify you at least 1 week in advance.
    Yeah I have just got CC's email and saw this today

Anyway thank you very much XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Whoooop, LMH! What subject are you applying for?
    Biochem! So excited now for the potential interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnny Keaveney)
    I haven't got a second email from New College, and looking on this thread, everyone has got two emails from Oxford... Should I be concerned ...
    I haven't gotten one from New College yet, I've only received one from the main uni but it said we would hear more before the end of october so I'm hoping we get it soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmabeth)
    I haven't gotten one from New College yet, I've only received one from the main uni but it said we would hear more before the end of october so I'm hoping we get it soon
    Same here. I haven't heard from New College yet, but I'm not at all worried bc I'm studying like crazy for next week

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: -
    IB: 43 Points achieved with 6 in Physics (1% off), retaking in November (predicted 7)
    Course: Engineering
    College: Christ Church

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adynaton)
    Thanks for the quick reply. However, do you reckon it should be passport photo size?
    Be careful what you send- you could be living with it for a long time! at least some of the colleges use that photo for your Bod card (student ID)!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here Mat Sci @ Mansfield? (or other colleges?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCDude)
    Be careful what you send- you could be living with it for a long time! at least some of the colleges use that photo for your Bod card (student ID)!
    As unlikely as it is, that would actually be an honor for me

ReputationRep:
    Any Human Science applicants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    I am a PPE applicant. So I would like to ask you some questions if you are okay with it (hope these aren't too many)
    Which college are you at? Is it where you originally applied? What was your TSA score and do you think the TSA score is important? I feel like my TSA will go horrible.. How did you prepare?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I study at Oriel, but applied to Wadham. I think my TSA overall score was aroun 68 - the TSA score is very important! If you do well in it, not only will you get an interview but you will be in with a good shot for an offer!

I prepared by reading a few books 'Think you can think?', doing practice papers under timed conditions and generally doing as many questions as I possibly could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliverdobbs)
    Hello, I'm applying for PPE at Exeter College. I'm interested in what you discussed in your interviews/how many interviews you had. Also would you be able to tell us what question you answered in Paper 2 of the TSA and how your approached it? Thank you very much!
    I answered the question on trade (should we always trade with countries with repressive regimes or something similar). I'm not entirely sure what I actually wrote, possibly about how morality should come before financial gain. I always approached the essays the same way:
    Intro
    Point
    Point
    Address counterpoints
    Conclusion.

I had one Politics interview and a joint Philosophy and Economics interview. The politics one was tailored towards my personal statement and a passage I had read beforehand on anarchy. The Philosophy component was based on a piece by Hume, as well as discussing what makes a good argument. My Economics interview talked about a company that made ice-cream and we went through different scenarios and I was asked how one would set prices.

I believe all colleges have different approaches to the interview so try get a few different opinions!

ReputationRep:
    im sitting it too, i wouldnt worry too much just do some practice identifying language patterns etc for section 1, the same(ish) for section 2 and i literally have no idea how to prepare for section 3, ive been going through examples with my classics teacher to prepare me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    I answered the question on trade (should we always trade with countries with repressive regimes or something similar). I'm not entirely sure what I actually wrote, possibly about how morality should come before financial gain. I always approached the essays the same way:
    Intro
    Point
    Point
    Address counterpoints
    Conclusion.

I had one Politics interview and a joint Philosophy and Economics interview. The politics one was tailored towards my personal statement and a passage I had read beforehand on anarchy. The Philosophy component was based on a piece by Hume, as well as discussing what makes a good argument. My Economics interview talked about a company that made ice-cream and we went through different scenarios and I was asked how one would set prices.

I believe all colleges have different approaches to the interview so try get a few different opinions!
    how long before the actual interview were you given the passage to read beforehand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    I study at Oriel, but applied to Wadham. I think my TSA overall score was aroun 68 - the TSA score is very important! If you do well in it, not only will you get an interview but you will be in with a good shot for an offer!

I prepared by reading a few books 'Think you can think?', doing practice papers under timed conditions and generally doing as many questions as I possibly could.
    Thanks for your answer I really hope that my TSA score will be good, the last times I scored between 66 and 71 in the past papers but they calculate the score a little differently I heard.. Is it right that they take the difficulty of the questions into account?
    Did you practise a lot for the essay? I don't know if it will really matter, I heard that they sometimes don't even look at it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pythian)
    Oh. What do you study?

Oh God. I received an email from their admissions lady acknowledging my application. Lovely place. So excited .
    History

And you're so close to the Pitt River's Museum!! Jel <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colourtheory)
    History

And you're so close to the Pitt River's Museum!! Jel <3
    You're a Worcester person right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eux)
    You're a Worcester person right?
    yass <3

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.