Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocrypha)
    It took me less than a second to come up with an answer, how about... THEY DONT FIRE?
    So, how do they negotiate anything? "Terrorism" is often a response to being ignored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    Ya thats true.
    its not tactics its common sense so you dont drop bombs and kill children but athiests ofc have different morals to the rest of us

ReputationRep:
    It took me less than a second to come up with an answer, how about... THEY DONT FIRE?
    Then how do they resist the current occupation or what is effectively an occupation?

Protest? Well, a million marched against Iraq in the UK and all around the world. Didn't really do anything. Thousands marched against student fees. Did the government listen?

Protesting is just an illusion to show the masses that those in charge "listen" so they don't pick up arms and threaten the government.

Be like the West Bank? Well, look how well it's gone for them. Settlers on nearly half their land plus around 65% of the West Bank is controlled by Israel and still the Israeli government doesn't negotiate with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Procrastin8R)
    Can you please read his post properly before replying? Sure, everyone knows the IDF have committed some atrocious crimes in the conflict, but why not take a more balanced view of things?
    I have read his post clearly, and the implied thing was very clear.

ReputationRep:
    Hamas are a bunch of *****, the idf are a bunch of *****. One side is ruthless and beyond negotiation. The other is more powerful and doesn't give a **** about how many it kills. They are ultimately both a bunch of ***** and of you are pro either you are a ****.

ReputationRep:
    72hr truce announced by Israel and hamas

Let's see if the terrorists can adhere to a truce for the first time in this conflict.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So, how do they negotiate anything? "Terrorism" is often a response to being ignored.
    The missile attacks on Israel are not acts of Terrorism they are acts of war.. Hamas are unable to carry out Terrorist attacks anymore because of Israels defence and security..

Israel will negotiate, however Hamas are demanding things acting like they have a shred of power in the situation, which they dont, which is why the negotiations are going nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    Breaking: Reports of a 72 hour ceasefire starting 8 am tomorrow morning...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The missile attacks on Israel are not acts of Terrorism they are acts of war.. Hamas are unable to carry out Terrorist attacks anymore because of Israels defence and security..

Israel will negotiate, however Hamas are demanding things acting like they have a shred of power in the situation, which they dont, which is why the negotiations are going nowhere.
    And there in lies the issue. Violence forces negotiation, sitting there and doing nothing does not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinzgauer)
    72hr truce announced by Israel and hamas

Let's see if the terrorists can adhere to a truce for the first time in this conflict.
    As I have pointed out to you, why would you declare a unilateral ceasefire only to show the media that "the other side has broken it"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    Then how do they resist the current occupation or what is effectively an occupation?

Protest? Well, a million marched against Iraq in the UK and all around the world. Didn't really do anything. Thousands marched against student fees. Did the government listen?

Protesting is just an illusion to show the masses that those in charge "listen" so they don't pick up arms and threaten the government.

Be like the West Bank? Well, look how well it's gone for them. Settlers on nearly half their land plus around 65% of the West Bank is controlled by Israel and still the Israeli government doesn't negotiate with them.
    The simple answer is they dont, they stop resisting and accept Israels control over the region, and attempt to move on with their lives. If you had 5 years of complete peace the Palestinians would achieve far more than needlessly firing rockets on a daily basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    Said it on instagram? Legit.
    Well the picture in post 11 was also on instagram, there ended up being an investigation into because apparently his actions 'were not in the spirit of the IDF'...maybe they only want pictures of kids in the crosshairs when there are weapons or militants around, I think that is the spirit they refer to.

Anyway, back on topic, the OP clearly doesn't seem legit at all. However as the above proves, just because something is on a social media site doesn't automatically render it illegitimate.

There are plenty of scumbags in the Israeli military and anyone denying that is fairly naive.

Also, before you try and counter me with some "ohhhhhhh well look what Hamas did, look what Hamas want to do...HAMAS HAMAS HAMAS...blah ****ing blah...I ****ing hate Hamas, so don't even bother with that angle.

ReputationRep:
    And there in lies the issue. Violence forces negotiation, sitting there and doing nothing does not.
    Violence causes death to a far greater scale than it causes negotiation. Especially when the violence is being asserted by a weaker country.

As i said above, if there was peace in the region for a period of a few years, the palestinians would achieve so much more. But this will never happen as Israel have effectively been under attack for more nearly 70 years.

ReputationRep:
    The simple answer is they dont, they stop resisting and accept Israels control over the region, and attempt to move on with their lives. If you had 5 years of complete peace the Palestinians would achieve far more than needlessly firing rockets on a daily basis.
    In doing so, they give recognition to the State of Israel which legitimatize the Israeli state.

In doing so, they lose all historical claims to the land from which they were turfed out of.

In doing so, they reject the hope that the Palestinian refugees would be able to return home.

In doing so, they face the prospect of losing what they have at the moment.

There is no sense, no logic, no thought into your "solution" for the Palestinians of Gaza....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    In doing so, they give recognition to the State of Israel which legitimatize the Israeli state.

In doing so, they lose all historical claims to the land from which they were turfed out of.

In doing so, they reject the hope that the Palestinian refugees would be able to return home.

In doing so, they face the prospect of losing what they have at the moment.

There is no sense, no logic, no thought into your "solution" for the Palestinians of Gaza....
    One thing i believe is lacking in pro-palestinian posters on here is plausible solutions.

Israel will never give itself back to Muslim rulers, it just wont happen. They are not in anyway losing the war against Hamas and thus being Anti-Israel is a fair enough opinion, but people have to think realistically about the situation.

If you look back at the old British Empire, i know its very different, but most occupied lands did indeed lose their identity and succumbed to British rule, yet look where they are now..
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Violence causes death to a far greater scale than it causes negotiation. Especially when the violence is being asserted by a weaker country.

As i said above, if there was peace in the region for a period of a few years, the palestinians would achieve so much more. But this will never happen as Israel have effectively been under attack for more nearly 70 years.
    Explain how peace leads to them being listened to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    That photo is nothing to do with the current conflict, is over a year old and is representative of the kind of "social media outrage" that you get now, with people not even clear what they are looking at.
    I think he was just proving the type of scum that are allowed into the the ranks of the military. There are bigots filled with hatred in every society, Israel is no different.

I'm sick of all this ****ing hatred. Sometimes I think humans would be better off extinct.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    One thing i believe is lacking in pro-palestinian posters on here is plausible solutions.

Israel will never give itself back to Muslim rulers, it just wont happen. They are not in anyway losing the war against Hamas and thus being Anti-Israel is a fair enough opinion, but people have to think realistically about the situation.
    Have you even seen the international reaction? Even the US is starting to turn against them.

If you look back at the old British Empire, i know its very different, but most occupied lands did indeed lose their identity and succumbed to British rule, yet look where they are now..
    How does this support your​ position?

ReputationRep:
    Explain how peace leads to them being listened to?
    Something Something Mahatma Gandhi.

ReputationRep:

I'm thinking one state solution with a right to return for all Palestinian refugees and elections 3 months within the implementation of this proposal.

How does that sound to you?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.