The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
If you think the feels are so high already, you're gonna end up drowning in your tears :lol:

Original post by Red Fox
The first few story arcs are a warm up:lol:

So be it then. :lockstock:
Original post by H.Ibrahim
Holidays are approaching pretty swiftly, anyone doing anything interesting?

Performing in a Christmas show! :biggrin: And in the rare moments I'm not doing that, sleeping. Also probably revising. Yourself?
Original post by Georgiecat
Performing in a Christmas show! :biggrin: And in the rare moments I'm not doing that, sleeping. Also probably revising. Yourself?

In the rare moments you aren't performing...?

How long is this Christmas show? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very excited for the Christmas holidays 🎄 going shopping today for cards and Christmas jumpers :-) anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Georgiecat

So am I! Albeit I won't take on a leading role :frown: I'm also helping out at a Christmas Fair that the old folks home I volunteer at. Other than that, revision and sleep seems to be on the table.

Original post by Bude8
In the rare moments you aren't performing...?

How long is this Christmas show? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty long one it seems:cool:
Reply 3885
Original post by Bude8
Learning to code innit... :cool:

Sweet another person learning to code, what are you using to learn?

I just started about 2 months ago and I have improved quite a bit, Ill upload some screen shots of my work later.

What are you using to learn?
I tried to learn how to code but got bored. Might give it another go soon, what's a good beginners language?
Reply 3887
HTML, JQuery & CSS mostly however I do know a tiny bit of php but I'm still learning it

Original post by Red Fox
I tried to learn how to code but got bored. Might give it another go soon, what's a good beginners language?

It really depends, if you want to go into web development its HTML & CSS which I think are the easiest to learn first.
If you wanna learn more server development then you should learn C# or php

I wanna do medicine so I dont really know why I'm learning how to code but yolo
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3888
I didn't really have a clue what I was getting myself into at first. I picked it up because about 2 years ago I use to play habbo but I use to play retros which was like a scripted version of habbo and I met some crazy developers and coders from there but they didnt really teach me anything. I decided to pick it up properly about 2/3 months ago

I choose these languages as they are what the people I know can help me with. I also use code academy to learn which I think is pretty cool.

Im currently working on a netflix generator site

http://gyazo.com/7b81d460a98d6908915496637335cb02
Is anyone resitting here?
Original post by Hudl
Sweet another person learning to code, what are you using to learn?

I just started about 2 months ago and I have improved quite a bit, Ill upload some screen shots of my work later.

What are you using to learn?

Original post by Red Fox

Everyone says Python is easy to learn, I'm using CodeAcademy which is a great and free website.

Just got back from the pub, was rather fun :lol:
3 hours worth of sleep, I somehow feel fine and dandy though :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same, but I slept from like 11-2. I feel more awake than I normally would with an 8 hour sleep:curious:
Original post by Red Fox
Same, but I slept from like 11-2. I feel more awake than I normally would with an 8 hour sleep:curious:

That is exactly what happened to me! At least someone else is awake at this time :tongue: I've decided to do some chemistry coursework since I can't fall asleep :moon:

Although I have made some pretty stupid mistakes, eg 'our of solution'. Brain isn't functioning that well :lol:

The scariest bit is that I woke up with my headphones in my ears even though I'm certain I took them off? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
That is exactly what happened to me! At least someone else is awake at this time :tongue: I've decided to do some chemistry coursework since I can't fall asleep :moon:

Although I have made some pretty stupid mistakes, eg 'our of solution'. Brain isn't functioning that well :lol:

The scariest bit is that I woke up with my headphones in my ears even though I'm certain I took them off? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good idea, might do some maths work. Maybe you're subconsciously protecting yourself from parasites:lol:.
Original post by Red Fox
Good idea, might do some maths work. Maybe you're subconsciously protecting yourself from parasites:lol:.

And it worked - because my hand just turned into a phallus?

Wait what?! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 hours is normal for me atm :colondollar: Wouldn't advise it though! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
And it worked - because my hand just turned into a phallus?

Wait what?! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen that picture from the manga before in the thread but it hasn't come up in the anime yet has it? Or did I miss it?
Original post by Red Fox
I've seen that picture from the manga before in the thread but it hasn't come up in the anime yet has it? Or did I miss it?

I think you missed it. It wasn't very explicit, but it was in the basketball episode when he was in the store room. I wasn't sure the first time I saw it but I checked with Tails who confirmed it :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
3 hours is normal for me atm :colondollar: Wouldn't advise it though! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm very energetic and rarely feel tired - my friends hate me for it :lol: even without much sleep (say, 5 hours) I still function fine. I suppose I'm both a morning person and evening person :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest