This discussion is closed.
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JoeL1994)
With all due respect, go forth and multiply.

Ergh the clubs here aren't opening till 10 tonight so I'm stuck sober for now >.>
Poor you I've got a family dinner party going on so I'm trapped in
Midnightmemories
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
It's the thought that counts!
Anyway, how are you? :hugs:
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So what do we all think the RL election results will be? Actually, does anyone have any clues as to what our election results will be...
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thehistorybore)
So what do we all think the RL election results will be? Actually, does anyone have any clues as to what our election results will be...
First is usually Sunderland South i think at about 11:30pm.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Midnightmemories)
Anyway, how are you? :hugs:
I am okay, thanks! Bit of a cold and stuck writing a nightmare of an essay, but otherwise I can't complain. How are you? :hugs:
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For the RL election I think that Labour will just about scrape through. And then it's down to coalition forming.

Here, it's difficult to predict. My first instinct is a Labour win. Then again, the GE forum seems to have been taken over by UKIP supporters, so we could see a surprise result.

What do you reckon?
Midnightmemories
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am okay, thanks! Bit of a cold and stuck writing a nightmare of an essay, but otherwise I can't complain. How are you? :hugs:

Im a bit iffy, have life being life and I'm stuck doing revision...

Spoiler:
Show
Have a college interview on Wednesday and said college sent a letter home mentioning my issues and mum won't stop asking me about said letter...
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Midnightmemories)
Im a bit iffy, have life being life and I'm stuck doing revision...

Spoiler:
Show
Have a college interview on Wednesday and said college sent a letter home mentioning my issues and mum won't stop asking me about said letter...
Aww hope you feel better soon. And not too long now until the holidays!

Spoiler:
Show
Ouch, that sounds really unhelpful from that college!
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
RL labour minority with a chance of voting reform.

in here:
Labour: 13 seats
liberals: 7 seats
UKIP: 6 seats
green: 9 seats
torys: 8 seats
socalists: 4 seats
barnetlad: 1
tehfrance: 1
honeywell: 1
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not really. This last term hasn't been, and it's meant the CT appointing a mod, which we didn't have before. Now, the CT want to be proud of the MHoC, and to support it - they even mentioned us to the RL parties - but recent events are not placing us in a good light. And if we become more trouble than we're worth for such a small community, we only have to look at what happened with the shoutbox. Personally speaking, I don't want that to happen here.

Some people enjoy it. It's a bit of lighthearted, cross-party chitchat amongst the general competitiveness.
Hehe. :laugh: It's nice to see such optimism but if TSR don't change their policies and attract more mature audience (like people with thoughtful arguments who don't just spam the forum 24/7 because they don't have real friends), I doubt that will ever happen.

Many have tried, none have succeeded. I can vividly remember a bunch of section leaders marching in here and threatening but we're still here, jolly as ever. (Not that I plan to cause havoc, but I welcome controversy.)

Still, if Mr. Cameron decides to look for inspiration here, I'll happily give him some tips. In fact, I hereby grant him an honorary lifetime membership of our party!
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For the RL election I think that Labour will just about scrape through. And then it's down to coalition forming.

Here, it's difficult to predict. My first instinct is a Labour win. Then again, the GE forum seems to have been taken over by UKIP supporters, so we could see a surprise result.

What do you reckon?
Definitely gonna be down to coalition - and miliband did guarantee in the leader's question time that he'd rather not be in government than go with snp - so who knows...

If UKIP win - that'd be lol... What was the final verdict in the case regarding the Aphgate scandal? I thought UKIP weren't going to be allowed in power or something?
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

in here:
I'd take that.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
I'd take that.
Course you would! It's NEVER gonna happen though!
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Course you would! It's NEVER gonna happen though!
It's unlikely, I'll give you that.
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

in here:
Are you sir off your mind?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adam9317)
Are you sir off your mind?
We got 13 seats this term... And looking at the widget I recon that pretty close.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
Hehe. :laugh: It's nice to see such optimism but if TSR don't change their policies and attract more mature audience (like people with thoughtful arguments who don't just spam the forum 24/7 because they don't have real friends), I doubt that will ever happen.

Many have tried, none have succeeded. I can vividly remember a bunch of section leaders marching in here and threatening but we're still here, jolly as ever. (Not that I plan to cause havoc, but I welcome controversy.)

Still, if Mr. Cameron decides to look for inspiration here, I'll happily give him some tips. In fact, I hereby grant him an honorary lifetime membership of our party!
Well, I do like to be optimistic. But mature audience? TSR does try attract people from the age of 13. It is not an adult website.

Plus, that's what the people of the shoutbox thought. Yet they've closed it and it's not coming back. Now, I am not trying to spread doom and gloom, but we are just a tiny community and we are known to be a bit troublesome at times.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, I do like to be optimistic. But mature audience? TSR does try attract people from the age of 13. It is not an adult website.

Plus, that's what the people of the shoutbox thought. Yet they've closed it and it's not coming back. Now, I am not trying to spread doom and gloom, but we are just a tiny community and we are known to be a bit troublesome at times.
That's what so great though! And excepting specific members, on the whole, the havoc we cause isn't massive - and I think the havoc that would be caused from shutting us down just wouldn't be worth it...

The shoutbox at its worst was a million times worse than the MHoC at its worst, especially due to the difficulty in moderating a live chat - I know this is effectively live, but in a forum style, it's much easier to moderate than a live chat, and the structure is different... as well as this being an open forum to everyone, whereas the shoutbox was a very closed and exclusive feature which meant people didn't care about the stuff which happened there so much as not as many could see it...

Just my opinion anyway!
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

You mean that subclass (pun) feature I've heard a couple of times about but never wanted to learn more? What purpose did it serve and why was it problematic?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
You mean that subclass (pun) feature I've heard a couple of times about but never wanted to learn more? What purpose did it serve and why was it problematic?
Imagine shoutbox as Facebook messenger for all the subs. All on one chat too. That's basically what it was.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads