The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Attacking midfield, but you could probably say "forward". His numbers reflect that: 22 goals in 15 league games this season. 26 in all competitions.

Just trying to work out where he fits into the side.

Coutinho is a tough one since you'd think he'd be best centrally but he doesn't score enough goals. Not sure if the left side is his best position whereas it probably is for Firmino. Obviously the right flank wouldn't suit him either.

Anyway all the papers are reporting it now so I'm sure this will drag on for a few days..
Original post by Zerforax
Just trying to work out where he fits into the side.

Coutinho is a tough one since you'd think he'd be best centrally but he doesn't score enough goals. Not sure if the left side is his best position whereas it probably is for Firmino. Obviously the right flank wouldn't suit him either.

Anyway all the papers are reporting it now so I'm sure this will drag on for a few days..

Seems pretty nailed on. Andy Hunter from the Guardian is reporting it, as well as Paul Joyce. Both pretty knowledgeable and have extensive contacts on the Merseyside patch.
Texeira is a beast this bid is legit
Original post by Mackay
Seems pretty nailed on. Andy Hunter from the Guardian is reporting it, as well as Paul Joyce. Both pretty knowledgeable and have extensive contacts on the Merseyside patch.

Isn't everyone reporting that we want him for £25mil but they want closer to £40mil?
Believe that Teixeira can play on the right flank, he used to play there when Mikhytaryan was in the side and made Cole and Bertrand mincemeat there. Mkhytaryan, Willian and Teixeira is a beast 3AM trio though. They also had Fernandinho behind too. In all honesty surprised Shaktar don't do better in the CL with some of the attacking talent they've had the past few years.
Original post by jam277
Believe that Teixeira can play on the right flank, he used to play there when Mikhytaryan was in the side and made Cole and Bertrand mincemeat there. Mkhytaryan, Willian and Teixeira is a beast 3AM trio though. They also had Fernandinho behind too. In all honesty surprised Shaktar don't do better in the CL with some of the attacking talent they've had the past few years.

Right flank would be perfect for us at the moment. We've not really recovered from Sterling going with Milner and Ibe not able to produce the same for us yet.
Apparently Alex Teixeira's just pulled his hamstring.....

I swear I'm not joking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Right flank would be perfect for us at the moment. We've not really recovered from Sterling going with Milner and Ibe not able to produce the same for us yet.

I reckon Klopp will be going to the 4-2-3-1 in that case with a lot of fluidity between the AM trio regardless. I think maybe a 4-3-2-1 with the striker injuries and Benteke being out of favour.

For some reason I believe he'll end up at Chelsea though.
So all it takes is for a player to be linked to Liverpool for their hamstrings to be gone...
Hmm not sure if an AM would be a priority for Liverpool. Surely the defence is more of an issue. I guess with Caulker coming in on loan that's not too bad.
I guess the main thing for your team is that I feel you need to clear out a lot more players before you sign any.
Original post by PetrosAC
Apparently Alex Teixeira's just pulled his hamstring.....

I swear I'm not joking

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek: crazy if that is true. Still worth buying him now if we can..

Original post by jam277
I reckon Klopp will be going to the 4-2-3-1 in that case with a lot of fluidity between the AM trio regardless. I think maybe a 4-3-2-1 with the striker injuries and Benteke being out of favour.

For some reason I believe he'll end up at Chelsea though.

It does look like his favoured formation. Well usually if Chelsea want a player they get him. How desperate are you guys for him?

Original post by Seabear11
So all it takes is for a player to be linked to Liverpool for their hamstrings to be gone...
Hmm not sure if an AM would be a priority for Liverpool. Surely the defence is more of an issue. I guess with Caulker coming in on loan that's not too bad.
I guess the main thing for your team is that I feel you need to clear out a lot more players before you sign any.

AM is a huge priority imo. We tried to sign one a couple of summers ago and failed and then resorted to Benteke for some reason.

We're rumoured to have signed Matip on a free transfer for CB position. I can't see us buying any more defenders until the summer. We do need another LB though for depth.
:eek: crazy if that is true. Still worth buying him now if we can..

It does look like his favoured formation. Well usually if Chelsea want a player they get him. How desperate are you guys for him?

AM is a huge priority imo. We tried to sign one a couple of summers ago and failed and then resorted to Benteke for some reason.

We're rumoured to have signed Matip on a free transfer for CB position. I can't see us buying any more defenders until the summer. We do need another LB though for depth.

I disagree on the left-back point. Flanagan can play there and Smith also looks a huge talent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PetrosAC
I disagree on the left-back point. Flanagan can play there and Smith also looks a huge talent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Flanagan is just coming back from an 18 month layoff and might even be released this summer.

Yea will be interesting to see if Klopp trusts Brad Smith. He's not that young anymore at 21 (thought he was younger) and he's now signed a new contract.
Original post by jam277

Absolutely. Crazy talent in the final third and the centre of the park. They were knocked out by Dortmund and Bayern in 2013 and 2015 respectively, so you have to give them some slack for that, but 2013-14 was their real missed opportunity. Moyes' United, Leverkusen and Sociedad in the group stage - and they failed to advance.

After that, they fell at the first EL hurdle to Viktoria Plzen ffs. Granted, they had lost Mkhitaryan and Fernandinho, but still.
Flanagan is just coming back from an 18 month layoff and might even be released this summer.

Yea will be interesting to see if Klopp trusts Brad Smith. He's not that young anymore at 21 (thought he was younger) and he's now signed a new contract.

I'll be surprised if Flanagan is released. I could see him being offered a shorter contract and then choosing to release or offer him a long term contract next season.

I'd like to see Smith get some PL gametime, as it's hard to judge how good he can be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Iñaki Williams (another player we've been linked to) has signed a new contract with Athletico Bilbao
If we've offered only £24.5m for Teixeira and they want £39m, I can't see a deal being made in this window. Maybe Klopp will surprise us, who knows?

We all know Chelsea will buy him for an obscene amount just to spite us...
If Klopp really wants him, then they might try to meet in the middle and pay £30-31million for him I suppose. Ngl I've never really heard of him before.
Original post by Lúcio
If we've offered only £24.5m for Teixeira and they want £39m, I can't see a deal being made in this window. Maybe Klopp will surprise us, who knows?

Original post by Lúcio

I can't see Ayre flying out unless they think a deal can be struck?
Original post by The.Joker
If Klopp really wants him, then they might try to meet in the middle and pay £30-31million for him I suppose. Ngl I've never really heard of him before.

Yea we'll go up by a few million and add on a few more million by way of add-ons. Firmino was £22mil up front potentially rising to £29mil with add-ons..
I can't see Ayre flying out unless they think a deal can be struck?

True but forgive me for not being totally confident in our transfer ability :tongue:

Would be a massive signing but of course it would be risky since nobody knows if he'd cope with the intensity of the Premier League.
However I suppose you have to take these risks if you want to find a gem.

Latest