The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hayles101)
DiMarzio has confirmed the 4 candidates chelsea are looking at are Simeone, Conte, Allegri and Sampaoli.

But I agree I think if they got Simeone and Mourinho happens as expected.. we're all in for one hell of a ride next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting...

Out of those I can only really imagine Simeone as chelsea manager but we'll have to wait and see. Also waiting for us to make an official announcement about Mourinho, it might ease the nerves on LVG/the players.

Hmm I can see Stones coming to Utd in the summer now seeing as Mourinho wanted him so bad at Chelsea and I can also see us winning the title what a story that would be for Mourinho :lol:
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Are you concerned about Chelsea falling behind in all this? No CL football, captain leaving, best player out of form and no obvious candidates to be the new manager.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Conte, Allegri would do a great job and are both very underrated managers for what they have actually done.

Captain leaving, well we could do with Terry leaving if we want to develop our style of play anyway. Just get a fast defender and play a high line/high press. You telling me Chelsea can't find a Benatia or an Otamendi from europe anyway? We can just buy Abdennour and that's the defence sorted.

Is Hazard currently out of form, he played a very good game vs Watford and didn't have enough time to impact that game because of poor in game management. He also played a very good game vs Arsenal off the bench too. Were it not for Remy he'd have got 2 assists e.g.

DiMarzio has confirmed the 4 candidates chelsea are looking at are Simeone, Conte, Allegri and Sampaoli.

But I agree I think if they got Simeone and Mourinho happens as expected.. we're all in for one hell of a ride next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't see Simeone going but Conte and Allegri would do a great job for me.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Chris Smalling. Campest man alive. Thoughts?
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Chris Smalling. Campest man alive. Thoughts?
*Mike Smalling

Can confirm.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lets not forget Allegri got sacked from Milan for doing an awful job only 2 years ago

Juventus didn't exactly start this season well either, yes they've turned it around but Abramovich probably would have sacked him in October if that had happened to Chelsea.

Isn't Samapoli just a budget version of Bielsa?
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Lets not forget Allegri got sacked from Milan for doing an awful job only 2 years ago

Juventus didn't exactly start this season well either, yes they've turned it around but Abramovich probably would have sacked him in October if that had happened to Chelsea.

The general consensus bout Allegri, especially with hindsight, seems to be that he did relatively well to keep a club that is being run absolutely terribly treading water.

To be faur to Juventus they lost their 2 most influential midfielders (Prilo and Vidal) as well as their best forward (Tevez) last summer, to expect them to start as well as they finished the previous season was maybe a little optimistic, especially when early on it seemed Pogba was struggling a bit to come to terms with being the main man in midfield.

I'd say Sampoali is less a budget-Bielsa and more not-insane-Bielsa.

On an unrelated note, it's good to see the club have their priorities right, taing the players off the training pitch to do some ******** promotion for the Deadpool movie...
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dont lie.. you missed the abuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, those 4/10 posts were really getting to me

Thoughts on everybody having a good manager next season except Arsenal?
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Thoughts on everybody having a good manager next season except Arsenal?
They'll still finish above Liverpool
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
They'll still finish above Liverpool
Your trolling has been really poor and desperate lately.

I know you're a mod (lol) but step it up man!
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)

We acting like Milan are doing any better than they were under Allegri right now?

It's hard when you sell your main offensive threat and sell both of your best defenders in Nesta and Thiago Silva. Lets not mention Pirlo and Zlatan Ibrahimovich. Furthermore one of their main offensive weapons in El Shawaary was injured for almost the entirety of the 13/14 season(the season Allegri was sacked)

Juventus didn't start the season well but they were able to turn it around, Mourinho had that same amount of time to turn it around but he didn't. I can say the exact same thing wrt Mourinho at United and why it won't work out.

You also have to account for the fact that the likes of Khedira were injured at the start of the season and they had to rejig the entire midfield playing the likes of Sturaro. They also changed their strike force completely in replacing Tevez and Llorente and only keeping Morata from last season.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Your trolling has been really poor and desperate lately.

I know you're a mod (lol) but step it up man!
Not trolling. You need to sell your entire squad and start over, basically. That can't be fixed in 1 window.

Plus that god awful transfer committee is still there. You honestly think Klopp had anything to do with signing Caulker?

(Original post by jam277)
We acting like Milan are doing any better than they were under Allegri right now?

It's hard when you sell your main offensive threat and sell both of your best defenders in Nesta and Thiago Silva. Lets not mention Pirlo and Zlatan Ibrahimovich. Furthermore one of their main offensive weapons in El Shawaary was injured for almost the entirety of the 13/14 season(the season Allegri was sacked)

Juventus didn't start the season well but they were able to turn it around, Mourinho had that same amount of time to turn it around but he didn't. I can say the exact same thing wrt Mourinho at United and why it won't work out.

You also have to account for the fact that the likes of Khedira were injured at the start of the season and they had to rejig the entire midfield playing the likes of Sturaro. They also changed their strike force completely in replacing Tevez and Llorente and only keeping Morata from last season.
They've won something like 13 games in a row now and will undoubtedly win Serie A. My point was more would Abramovich put up with that if it happened to Chelsea? He's hardly known for giving managers time and you're likely to have a few new signings this summer. Would expect a new CB, CM and striker as a bare minimum.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Not trolling. You need to sell your entire squad and start over, basically. That can't be fixed in 1 window.

Plus that god awful transfer committee is still there. You honestly think Klopp had anything to do with signing Caulker?

They've won something like 13 games in a row now and will undoubtedly win Serie A. My point was more would Abramovich put up with that if it happened to Chelsea? He's hardly known for giving managers time and you're likely to have a few new signings this summer. Would expect a new CB, CM and striker as a bare minimum.
Well he did that this season and more wrt Mourinho?

Yeah something like that would be Chelsea's aim, we'd probably get a versatile forward.

But something like Abdennour, Nainggolan, Bacca(not sure if Milan will sell) and Felipe Anderson is more than realistic enough for us. Not sure about Mendes influence to Chelsea considering the treatment of Mourinho but we been getting brazillians fairly easy over the years anyway. You add these 4 players.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Leicester 1- City 0 HT

Damn.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Lol at Rk implying earlier that Mahrez isn't United quality.

This guy is sooo good
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I really hope Leicester win the title, fully fully fully deserved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)

This guy is sooo good
he's having such an amazing season! Crazy talent
KeyToSuccess
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)

This guy is sooo good
Mahrez> Memphis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by KeyToSuccess)
Mahrez> Memphis

Posted from TSR Mobile
True. He'd easily be our best winger.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They're actually going to win it aren't they...
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
3-0 damn.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (68)
19.26%
Labour (139)
39.38%
Liberal Democrats (74)
20.96%
Green Party (26)
7.37%
Brexit Party (10)
2.83%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.7%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)
0%
UKIP (4)
1.13%
Other (3)
0.85%
None (18)
5.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise