Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1466607344359-2117380487.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  486.8 KB guys i put this but it wasnt co32- was it? Will i lose marks

(Original post by anndz3007)
    the one with I and O2 right ?
    Yeah, I can't remember what the reactants were. Someone said hydrogen peroxide but I'm sure it wasn't that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    No point feeding the troll. Although, the majority of qs were recycled from past papers (which is something I love about OCR compared to AQA).
    Same, I actually like OCR a bit more than AQA because of this. OCR also word the questions far better, AQA are just all over the place.

Time to revise AQA Bio 5, which will probably be like a kiss from the devil.

ReputationRep:
    It was 2 equations for 3 marks if I remember correctly.
    2 equations? sorry my memory is so bad lol. was the equation you just gave one of them? or...

ReputationRep:
    yeah you made like I205

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrZebraCookie)
    Yeah, I can't remember what the reactants were. Someone said hydrogen peroxide but I'm sure it wasn't that
    i think it's water but im not sure, only remembered in the previous question, i said oxygen got reduced into from 0 to -2 and I got oxidised from 0 to +5

ReputationRep:
    No point feeding the troll. Although, the majority of qs were recycled from past papers (which is something I love about OCR compared to AQA).
    to be fair, even though i did poorly, this paper is not hard, and ocr is an easier exam board than aqa.

ReputationRep:
    wait wasn't the oxidation question with the gold and cyanide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _NMcC_)
    Same, I actually like OCR a bit more than AQA because of this. OCR also word the questions far better, AQA are just all over the place.

Time to revise AQA Bio 5, which will probably be like a kiss from the devil.
    25 mark essay on uses of water.

#MarkMyWords
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Actual prediction is ions/enzymes/proteins/atp one of the four

ReputationRep:
    Guys lets make an unofficial mark scheme on google docs

ReputationRep:
    please tell me they asked to show that the Au reaction was redox??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFancy1997)
    Think I got

6OH- +3I2 -----> 5I- +IO3- +3H2O

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yh got that as well

ReputationRep:
    for the iodate redox equation, I used H2O as a reactant and got the balanced equation fine, producing OH-, but a lot of people used OH- as the reactant: I thought I read that OH- were produced in the question? Could someone clarify, I'm probably wrong, but I'm just kicking myself over losing marks by misreading the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noah T)
    for the iodate redox equation, I used H2O as a reactant and got the balanced equation fine, producing OH-, but a lot of people used OH- as the reactant: I thought I read that OH- were produced in the question? Could someone clarify, I'm probably wrong, but I'm just kicking myself over losing marks by misreading the question
    Im sure they said it was under alkaline under alkaline conditions so OH- is a reactant, not sure what the mark scheme would say though

ReputationRep:
    could someone just quickly explain that 3 marker on Au reacting with O2 and some other reactants, I dont remember it!

ReputationRep:
    I pretty much couldn't do any of it but what did you get for the last question guysssssssssssss?

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial Markscheme?? Any links??

ReputationRep:
    I did the same thing as you did! like putting the OH- at the product side lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d14m)
    So I thought I did okay in that exam up until reading through this thread
    Glad I'm not the only one...crying on the inside

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions about marks for a grade C and can someone explain the whole UMS points things to me?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.