Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    I haven't listened to it, I must admit. I'll go and listen.
    It's not typically what I listen to, but I think I'm finally getting into it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    What do you typically listen to?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What do you listen to?

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't be laughing at others' misfortunes. I wouldn't try to stop you, but I just hope you realise that's a tad twisted.
    meh, I think the world is so ****ed up that some times you just have to laugh at it. Imo pretty much anything can be the subject of a joke, but obviously you have to know your audience which why I tend not to say anything too 'out there' online.

ReputationRep:
    What do you typically listen to?

(Original post by Lime-man)
    What do you listen to?
    Interesting questions hard to confine it to one genre, a list of bands off the top of my head are bands like My Chemical Romance, Maiden, Metallica, Creeper, David Bowie, Muse, Run the Jewels, Placebo, Hozier, The Used, Faith No More, Misfits and such, but also some which don't fit in to those acts like Robbie Williams, Bussted/McFly, videogame OSTs,
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Interesting questions hard to confine it to one genre, a list of bands off the top of my head are bands like My Chemical Romance, Maiden, Metallica, Creeper, David Bowie, Muse, Run the Jewels, Placebo, Hozier, The Used, Faith No More, Misfits and such, but also some which don't fit in to those acts like Robbie Williams, Bussted/McFly, videogame OSTs,
    Favourite song from each artist?

I'll give you mine:

> Black Parade (sorry for picking the most mainstream one but it is very good)
    > When the Wild Wind Blows
    > Black Mass
    > Moonage Daydream
    > Madness
    > pretty much the end of our corresponding music taste tbh

ReputationRep:
    Quite varied! I don't think you'd like what I listen to then...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You shouldn't be laughing at others' misfortunes. I wouldn't try to stop you, but I just hope you realise that's a tad twisted.
    I'll take that to mean you lack the imagination and/or humour to be able to do so

Why is it not okay to mock a disabled person but okay to mock anyone else? Your position is a very patronising one, as if just because someone is disabled, they must be incapable of taking a joke. It wasn't a mean joke, it wasn't offensive, it merely noted that the person had no arms or legs and quite frankly were I in his position I'd rather have people who would have a laugh with me than people who seem to think that because I have a disability I am somehow less human than anyone else.
    No, it's not just the disabled you can't mock, you also can't mock: Jews, Muslims, Asians, Africans, other black people, Hispanics, gays, trans people, the mentally ill, women, the poor, people with funny names, people who look funny, victims of crim, etc etc. Of course, there are exceptions if the person being mocked is rich, white, and not a member of the regressive left.

ReputationRep:
    Favourite song from each artist?

I'll give you mine:

> Black Parade (sorry for picking the most mainstream one but it is very good)
    > When the Wild Wind Blows
    > Black Mass
    > Moonage Daydream
    > Madness
    > pretty much the end of our corresponding music taste tbh
    Someone knowing Creeper is enough for me, and I can give you my favourite for each sure, might be hard for a few of them however, and some change often.

My Chemical Romance - Vampires Will Never Hurt You
    Metallica - Master of Puppets
    Iron Maiden - Moonchild
    Creeper - VCR
    Bowie - Lazarus currently
    Muse - Dead Star
    Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels
    Placebo - Song to Say Goodbye, all of Meds though really
    Hozier - Take me to Church or Foreigner's God
    The Used - Box Full of Sharp Objects
    Faith No More - Be Aggressive
    Misfits - Last Caress
    Robbie Williams - Rock DJ or Angels
    Busted - Year 3000
    McFly - Star Girl

Quite varied! I don't think you'd like what I listen to then...
    You never know, I like some stuff outside of what it might seem I do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I'll take that to mean you lack the imagination and/or humour to be able to do so
    No, it simply isn't to my taste. That's all...

No, it's not just the disabled you can't mock, you also can't mock: Jews, Muslims, Asians, Africans, other black people, Hispanics, gays, trans people, the mentally ill, women, the poor, people with funny names, people who look funny, victims of crim, etc etc. Of course, there are exceptions if the person being mocked is rich, white, and not a member of the regressive left.
    This is ridiculous! I'm all for freedom of speech, and of course people should be allowed to crack jokes, but it becomes a problem when it turns into blatant discrimination and bullying.

ReputationRep:
    You never know, I like some stuff outside of what it might seem I do.
    I'll name some:

- Whigfield (as the username suggests )
    - Fleur East
    - Kate Alexa
    - Jess Glynne
    - Cheryl
    - Zara Larsson
    - Alesha Dixon

ReputationRep:
    I'll name some:

- Whigfield (as the username suggests )
    - Fleur East
    - Kate Alexa
    - Jess Glynne
    - Cheryl
    - Zara Larsson
    - Alesha Dixon
    I know one of them at least aha (maybe two if Cheryl means Cheryl Cole actually)

ReputationRep:
    I know one of them at least aha (maybe two if Cheryl means Cheryl Cole actually)
    Cheryl does mean Cheryl Cole, yes.

Who's the other artist you know?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No, it simply isn't to my taste. That's all...

This is ridiculous! I'm all for freedom of speech, and of course people should be allowed to crack jokes, but it becomes a problem when it turns into blatant discrimination and bullying.
    So you mean you literally have no sense of humour and find any and all jokes distasteful?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cheryl does mean Cheryl Cole, yes.

Who's the other artist you know?
    Alesha Dixon

ReputationRep:
    So you mean you literally have no sense of humour and find any and all jokes distasteful?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bullying and discrimination isn't a joke. Making fun of something in a light-hearted way is joking around...

ReputationRep:
    Alesha Dixon
    Ahhhh, fair enough... she is quite well-known!

Have you heard the song 'Sax'?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh, fair enough... she is quite well-known!

Have you heard the song 'Sax'?
    Possibly, but I don't know it by name

ReputationRep:
    Possibly, but I don't know it by name
    Fair enough, I'm the same with some songs also...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Apparently under the licencing act 1872 (an unrepealed part) it is illegal to be drunk in a pub

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.