Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    edexcel but eco in general

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you starting AS this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christop)
    https://twitter.com/ucas_online/stat...42505440468992
    About two thirds of students get into their firm, one eighth get in through Clearing
    Kill me.

ReputationRep:
    Two thirds is surprisingly low ( anyone got any stats on how many get into their firm but miss their offer?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody do OCR chemistry, AQA physics or OCR MEI Further Maths? Predictions for A* grade boundaries/full ums?
    My Predictions:
    F324 A*: 54/60
    F325 A*: 85/100
    PHYA4 A*: 59/75
    PHYA5 A*: 60/75
    DE full ums: 72/72
    FP1 full ums: 70/72
    FP2 full ums: 70/72??
    M2 full ums: 70/72
    S2 full ums: 72/72
    S3 full ums: 72/72
    Edits and replies will be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when edexcel s2 ial mark scheme will be released?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notanooblol)
    Anybody do OCR chemistry, AQA physics or OCR MEI Further Maths? Predictions for A* grade boundaries/full ums?
    My Predictions:
    F324 A*: 54/60
    F325 A*: 85/100
    PHYA4 A*: 59/75
    PHYA5 A*: 60/75
    DE full ums: 72/72
    FP1 full ums: 70/72
    FP2 full ums: 70/72??
    M2 full ums: 70/72
    S2 full ums: 72/72
    S3 full ums: 72/72
    Edits and replies will be appreciated.
    Hey man, I do aqa physics but physics B not physics A, sorry, think for B the boundaries will be a lot lower (I really hope so too)
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nahimjustaworm)
    Two thirds is surprisingly low ( anyone got any stats on how many get into their firm but miss their offer?
    40% of 2015 firm accepted students missed their predictions (not offers - those stats are almost impossible to crunch) by 2 or more grades.

ReputationRep:
    Any one does aqa chemistry, aqa physics, aqa maths or edexcel business studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotnomoney)
    Yes aqa physics

My Predictions:
    PHYA4 A*: 59/75PHYA5 A*: 60/75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    ****ing a levels. Need 4a*s overall to meet my firm choice and A*A*AA for insurance.
    Already have A*A*.
    Major ****ed up this year lol. Probs got A*A*BB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You know that percentage question in physics which no one was sure about. Turns out it is 17% and not 33%. Everyone was convinced it was 33% in the end. It was a weird question.

I messed up too but hopefully we both still make it into our firms. Exams suck.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    I'm a future doctor hopefully (results day will confirm or deny this )
    Good luck! I hope you get fantastic results 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coboyle098)
    Hopefully we'll have done enough! I kept on all 4 subjects for A2 also and I'm really hoping it works in my favour. It's so annoying knowing all the Scottish know if they're in or not too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh, well done on keeping all four subjects for A2. Not like this makes it any better: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-37010640

Damn you Scottish students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    Chemistry

Unit 4 A* 75
    Unit 5 A* 77-78
    Well my worst case scenario is 72 in Unit 4 and 78 in Unit 5 (more realistically 74 and 79)
    I need 105 ums average at least on Unit 4 and 5. The A* boundary is 108 ums so I've probably missed it :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotnomoney)
    AQA Maths student here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enyav)
    Ahh, I guess the grass is always greener on the other side, sometimes I get annoyed with all the hustle and bustle but then I remember that it's a twenty minute train ride and I can be in the heart of the city in no time. Context was worth the majority of the marks in my lit exam too, and that sucks, when you've put all the work in but you hate the question ooh they all sound like great texts, especially Albert Camus - I studied it in French this year (L'etranger) and it was cool learning about existentialism and his beliefs on the self, but it was bloody difficult having to write an essay entirely in french and making sure your grammar was perfect. For one year, 2 exams seems like a lot to ask for in that kind of depth - on top of all your other exams. We only had one and coursework of course but it still felt like a lot to know, on top of trying to create a sophisticated argument. I love The Catcher in the Rye!!
    I know what you mean, some people say it's objective because it's an exam and they are ex teachers and they know what a sophisticated argument is blah blah, but the discrepancy can be huge (first hand experience, anyway). It's more than possible to move between a B and an A* depending on who marks your paper - especially when there's only around 5 or 6 marks in it overall, with two essays!
    I find context to be the hardest thing though! Trying to fit it in with relevant analysis is so hard. I absolutely loved Camus, it was so different from anything I've ever read/studied before and I even bought a copy of the book myself after studying it! A friend of mine does drench also and she studied it too and said the exact same thing as you, it must have been so difficult to write a solid essay but with perfect grammar/sentence structure too.
    Our AS year only had one exam and then coursework so it was such a lovely year, but there was just so much to cover this year to the point where you were drowning in literature 😂
    I agree 100%! I don't have any first hand experience with discrepancies but a few of my friends have and it's crazy how the marks can change so significantly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamzy45)
    Aha thank god i'm not the only one, tell me about it. How did you find unit 5 bio and what are your predictions of the GB ?
    Unit five was a little tricky but not super hard compared to previous years. I honestly have no idea. Very low sixties especially in unit four for the A*. Unit five maybe only be two or three marks higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrandMasti)
    I think unit 4 bio will be around 61 for an A* and unit 5 bio will be around 63 for an A*. How did you find unit 5 relative to previous years?
    I found unit five slightly harder. But only slightly compared to previous years. I quite liked the article questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    Over 90% for an A? Has that ever happened before?
    It was 67 for an A in S2 last year, I came out looked at the answers and i got 65 I was confident until I saw the grade boundaries. Got 76 UMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    You know that percentage question in physics which no one was sure about. Turns out it is 17% and not 33%. Everyone was convinced it was 33% in the end. It was a weird question.

I messed up too but hopefully we both still make it into our firms. Exams suck.
    What!
    I seen the MS and it says 33% :/

ReputationRep:
    What do people think the grade boundaries for A/A* will be for Edexcel maths A2 and AS modules will be?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.