TSR Fantasy Football League 2008/9 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Who has everyone swapped Arteta for?

I went straight swap with Timmy Cahill as they were the same price. I assume Arteta's value will be plumetting this week?
GYinWL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)

I went straight swap with Timmy Cahill as they were the same price. I assume Arteta's value will be plumetting this week?
I didn't have Arteta in my team, but I was just about to put him in when he got injured. I used the money to buy Kuyt instead. I was thinking about Cahill, but then I thought that Everton might not be the same team without Arteta, Cahill might suffer in particular without Arteta's service.

Arteta's value won't plummet too much I don't think. If you've ever noticed when Torres or Adebayor gets injured, their value barely goes down even if tens of thousands of people take them out. Same with Lampard, Gerrard and ronaldo. Player's values drop the most when they are still playing 90 minutes a match, but not doing anything. Or when they are fit to play, but only come on as a sub. Geovanni, Defoe and soon Ireland (probably) are good examples of this.

I'm giving Jo one last chance to perform. If he gets nothing out of playing against West Brom, he's out.
.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)

Ashley Young.

But it wasn't a straight swap, i had to use a bit of my spare £2m to get him.

I think you are both right & Geoff & mc_watson. I think i'm going to stick with Robinho for a bit longer, and if he doesn't do anything this week, i will probably put Rooney or Berbs in.

:yy:
Jonah Ramone
Badges: 19
Report 10 years ago
Bosingwa and Arteta are red, Ashbee is yellow, and Man U (2 players) and Spurs are in the gay cup final. Can I really be bothered to make that many subs? :beard:

EDIT: Corluka out for Curtis Davies (probably a good switch in the long run), Arteta out for Denilson (reckon Arsenal will be crap at home again, but I now have 6 million in the bank, so can get rid of him & Van Persie to get Ronaldo next week) and Kevin Davies in for Berbatov. :grin:
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im going to have a **** week only got 10 legible players on -4 and im hoping that Gerrard starts, otherwise i will only have 9 legible players.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No Boswinga, no Vidic, no Torre, Gerrard a potential doubt, -4 points from 2 subs.. lovely start to the week!
But then my H2H has Brown, Fabregas as captain, Torres and 3 Pompey players (who dont play this week?)
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol that lescott aint playing, the 45000 that brought him in this week might be a tad peeved.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Should have put Cahill in...

I really thought he would struggle without Arteta's service.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Goal for captain
Hasan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm glad Cahill scored (he's my captain) but annoyed that Lescott didn't start. And he won't even get subbed, I have 3 United players in the bench!
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Hasan)
I'm glad Arteta scored (he's my captain) but annoyed that Lescott didn't start. And he won't even get subbed, I have 3 United players in the bench!
You mean Cahill :teeth:
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hasan)
I'm glad Arteta scored (he's my captain) but annoyed that Lescott didn't start. And he won't even get subbed, I have 3 United players in the bench!
Spanner
Hasan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
You mean Cahill :teeth:
lol yes thats what I meant :redface:

Guess I'm still annoyed at the Arteta injury.
The Stig
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I put Lescott in this week!
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
YES Gerrard starts :thumbsup:
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by adam_leeds)
YES Gerrard starts :thumbsup:
YES Gerrards done **** all
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Reina's getting ditched. ****.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Bit of a **** week this :teeth:
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
23 pre bonus from 4 players. But only have 6 more players left to play. And my cup opponent has 35 pre bonus with 4 players left.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
31 points pre bonus. I only made one change this week too whereas a lot of people made at least two changes.

But, I only have my four substitutes left to play!

Sorensen, Bassong, Marney and Whelan...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise