Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Spain on my year abroad and I watched the Spanish coverage of the match. They were very impressed by Wilshere and Koscielny as was I.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    So? Pique is suspended and Arsenal should have Nasri fitter and Sagna back...Arsenal will only strengthen next leg.
    Vermaelen is due back as well, don't forget!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith01)
    Don't forget Szczesny.
    He did really well when called upon but in fairness both teams had very few shots. Still for a debut, amazing

ReputationRep:
    I think I had a heart attack when AA scored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hantheman)
    I think I had a heart attack when AA scored.
    I nearly had one when he passed back to Sczesny and Alves got through.

ReputationRep:
    Sagna back for the 2nd leg and Pique suspended. We might also have won our first trophy for 6 years by the 2nd leg. Going to be very interesting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackVenom321)
    We will win tommorow:holmes: you heard it here first
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Amazing match! :woo:

Koscielny MOTM for me, but Wilshere and Szczesny also deserve a mention.

ReputationRep:
    I told everyone on facebook we would win, people mocked me... I was confident in Arsenal they did me proud. but I'm not gonna lie in the fist half i was so shook i could've **** my pants

ReputationRep:
    Very good performance and excellent result. Lucky at times but Arsenal also had their chances, created a number of good goalscoring opportunities.

Wilshere is class. The composure and maturity he shows on the ball is stunning and the lad's only 19. Very similar to Scholes in that respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    So? Pique is suspended and Arsenal should have Nasri fitter and Sagna back...Arsenal will only strengthen next leg.
    Aye. If anything you'll have a stronger squad in terms of the amount of first-team players you'll have available. I was simply making the point that Barca don't often need a first-choice defence in order to dominate, as we saw in the second leg last year. Not that I expect the same result this time around, as much as I love seeing Messi at his best.
    Should be a fascinating match.

Why aren't all the round of 16 matches being played this week? Another money-spinning venture from UEFA? It's bloody annoying.

ReputationRep:
    People laughed when I said Wilshere would be Arsenal and England captain =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackVenom321)
    I told everyone on facebook we would win, people mocked me... I was confident in Arsenal they did me proud. but I'm not gonna lie in the fist half i was so shook i could've **** my pants
    Well, these people on FB know little about football. Barca have drawn 9, lost 1, won 2 in their away games in the CL. Their 'invicibility' is a bit of a myth.

I must admit I didn't think Arsenal would have been disciplined enough to win but they've done it. :congrats: Let's see how you do at the Nou Camp. :gah:

Wilshere was excellent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dothestrand)
    Aye. If anything you'll have a stronger squad in terms of the amount of first-team players you'll have available. I was simply making the point that Barca don't often need a first-choice defence in order to dominate, as we saw in the second leg last year. Not that I expect the same result this time around, as much as I love seeing Messi at his best.
    Should be a fascinating match.

Why aren't all the round of 16 matches being played this week? Another money-spinning venture from UEFA? It's bloody annoying.
    I don't know about the other matches, but Inter and Milan's first leg is at home, don't know how this affects the other matches though .

ReputationRep:
    Not an Arsenal or a Barca fan but - Well done Arsenal, kind of lucky to be honest however. If Messi was taking his chances it could've easily been 3-1 by about the 60th minute.

However that Fabregas literally did nothing all game minus that one pass, Wilshere played much better than him. You again got taught how to pass a ball by Barca too, you were stringing together about 4 passes then giving it straight back to them, and then Barca would keep the ball for a ridiculous amount of time.

Still you won, however the Nou Camp won't be a good trip, I'm sure you all remember last year :/ Will be a good second leg.

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed watching that match, Wilshere was scintillating.

ReputationRep:
    Did Wilshere just play better than Iniesta? Was i seeing right? Wow, Barca got took to the cleaners, Arshavin had an open net, where was the defence? A mention to Nasri who kept his cool to pass back. Sublime attacking football from both sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Well, these people on FB know little about football. Barca have drawn 9, lost 1, won 2 in their away games in the CL. Their 'invicibility' is a bit of a myth.

I must admit I didn't think Arsenal would have been disciplined enough to win but they've done it. :congrats: Let's see how you do at the Nou Camp. :gah:

Wilshere was excellent.
    The reason for that is probably that most teams do just park the bus against them. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    We should make a dvd :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    This victory could be the start of our road to the final!! So glad we won!!!

GET IN THERE!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.