Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    okay i'll try 2a^2b/6a^3b^3 - 14a^2b^3/6a^3b^3 ?

well I'll be getting my sciences, maths stats and English lit ... I should get A* in bio, chem and lit ..and A's in Stats and physics
    ah so you're in year 10?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    ah so you're in year 10?
    nope 11 just I did a lot in year 9 and 10

ReputationRep:
    Would I be allowed to resit a module I did all the way back in year 9 during year 12??

ReputationRep:
    Why are people taking more than four subject for a level in my school your only allowed to take four??! Does it weaken my chances of getting into uni btw I'm taking Chem bio MATHS and history

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vashappeninkira)
    Why are people taking more than four subject for a level in my school your only allowed to take four??! Does it weaken my chances of getting into uni btw I'm taking Chem bio MATHS and history

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well my school allows you to take Critical Thinking if all your grades are Bs or above, but that's it really for extra subjects (other than General Studies). You can also self-teach some courses if you're really desperate, but I only know one person who's done that. Some schools do let you take more than four subjects, but it doesn't affect your chances too much if you only take four. Those sound like a solid set of subjects though so, provided you do well in them, you should still get a fair few offers.

ReputationRep:
    I am not in year eleven and so will not get results this year however when I do I know I will have to open them at school because I will have to sign up for 6th form. I will probably sign up however I hope I get the grades to go to a better 6th form or collage.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, most people do take four AS's and then 3 A2s. You can take five if you want, I think thats the max for most school. And no, most UNIs just ask for 3 A2s.

If I take Chemistry, Physics and Maths to A2, what are my possible options for degrees??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone feeling? Vote this UP if you're excited [[or DOWN if you're dreading it...]]

And feel free to reply back saying if you're somewhere in the twilight-zone

EDIT: I'd like to retain a decent reputation, so scrap the voting down part please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Room Student)
    How's everyone feeling? Vote this UP if you're excited or DOWN if you're dreading it...

And feel free to reply back saying if you're somewhere in the twilight-zone
    Eh... You might not want to do that. Voting up and down affects your reputation, so your reputation could go down if enough people voted down. It's not like YouTube!

As for me, I am sort of in the twilight-zone. I'm nervous, but I also just want the day to come so I can get it over with. I keep worrying that I didn't try hard enough though.

ReputationRep:
    How are you guys gonna open your results on Thursday ?!! Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1376653284.620607.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  32.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How are you guys gonna open your results on Thursday ?!! Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1376653284.620607.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm going to get there and rip that brown BIATCH open ^.^- not girly at all^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly like Mr Bean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsjmcgrath)
    Eh... You might not want to do that. Voting up and down affects your reputation, so your reputation could go down if enough people voted down. It's not like YouTube!

As for me, I am sort of in the twilight-zone. I'm nervous, but I also just want the day to come so I can get it over with. I keep worrying that I didn't try hard enough though.
    Hahaha oh man, you can tell I'm a YouTuber... Just done a quick edit; hopefully everyone else is either really excited or will have mercy! ~

Ahh I know that feeling, think I'm just keen to know.

I mean having tried so hard to achieve these high target grades I was set, I just don't want to disappoint anyone...

ReputationRep:
    what subject grades is everyone else getting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChronicBoredom)
    If I take Chemistry, Physics and Maths to A2, what are my possible options for degrees??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Chemistry, Physics, pretty much all branches of Engineering, Natural Sciences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChronicBoredom)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Many branches of engineering, probably some medical options, Physics and Maths degrees too, of course!

ReputationRep:
    The anticipation is so nerve-wracking, but I also don't want to face them yet (still in denial stage, as you can tell)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arunthathy)
    what subject grades is everyone else getting?
    For A-levels? Bio, Chem, Psycho and Maths statistics! But the third option would depend on my History grade, as that is also another option. Does anyone still need to choose what they want to do and submit it to school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apoorvahk)
    The anticipation is so nerve-wracking, but I also don't want to face them yet (still in denial stage, as you can tell)!
    Well, you can say that again! I want results day to some so I can get it over and done with, but at the same time I don't wanna open them! I'm so confused and nervous! I hate this feeling!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.