Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_NZ27)
    Out of interest what did you think of UEA? Wasn't my first choice, but I actually quite liked it when I went for interview the other day. Also any idea how long they take to get back to you after interview?!
    What are you applying for at UEA and how long after your application did you hear about an interview please? I haven't heard anything yet!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    I got three interviews and not one of them updated UCAS, they all sent letters. The only update is for my first choice who has offered me a conditional as have to do skills test in feb.
    Is that the Institute of Education, by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Sunderland in feb!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at Leeds uni? When we present our plan is it just in front of the interview panel or in front of all other applicants as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    Is that the Institute of Education, by any chance?
    Yes at Sunderland Uni, all of my apps were for Sunderland, got interview for all three, but none have updated UCAS other than the conditional offer from my 1st choice.

ReputationRep:
    Just received my first unsuccessful... gutted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumpadaisy)
    Just received my first unsuccessful... gutted.
    Oh no. Hugs. Which Uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anybody heard back from greenwich yet?
    i had my interview on the 12th x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccamoore220493)
    anybody heard back from greenwich yet?
    i had my interview on the 12th x
    What subject did you interview for?
    I had my interview there yesterday and was told they'd get back to us before Christmas...

ReputationRep:
    General PGCE Primary

Wow, how did it go?

Thats what they told us too. i passed both my skills test and have sent them the certificate scans, so hopefully they will consider that towards my application too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasawdry)
    What subject did you interview for?
    I had my interview there yesterday and was told they'd get back to us before Christmas...
    General PGCE primary
    Wow, how did it go?

Thats what they told us too. i passed both my skills test and have sent them the certificate scans, so hopefully they will consider that towards my application too
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Skills tests over and done with, and with my interviews out of the way too I can use the rest of christmas to relax (and do some university work, but we won't think about that just yet). Numeracy was fairly straightforward, of the same difficulty as the practice tests. Literacy seemed a little harder, particularly the spellings.

ReputationRep:
    I've received an offer for a PGCE secondary english course, but I am a little confused about when and how I apply for student finance? Can anybody shed any light on this? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I really hope I hear something from my first choice before Friday as I assume they won't be working over Christmas being as the SCITT is based in a school.

On the plus side, sat maths and English tests for my second choice today and found them fine so should be getting an interview date for there in the next few days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crm)
    I've received an offer for a PGCE secondary english course, but I am a little confused about when and how I apply for student finance? Can anybody shed any light on this? Thank you
    You apply through Student Finance. Applications for courses starting next year open early 2014 (no specific date yet), and it's recommended you apply as soon as possible after you accept an offer. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    I got an email late last night (after 9pm) stating that I had an interview. They had this online thing where you could choose your interview slot, and by the time me and my boyfriend had co-ordinated which interview dates he had (so he can take me), there was only one slot left! So that's why mine is so late, out of the four dates the earlier ones went very quickly. I hope there's still places left by then!

Primary
    Oh goodness! Yes expected it to be a quick turnover. Someone else has posted about an interview in Feb so you should find they have spaces

Still heard nothing by post, track or email from anyone but trying to stay positive....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crm)
    I think I read you can apply for finance in April time through student finance England/wales. Application should be like undergrad and uses student finance websites. You can calculate an estimate for support on their respective websites

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Durham for secondary English PGCE? I had my interview last Thursday & still haven't heard anything. Not sure whether no news is good news!?

ReputationRep:
    I got an unsuccessful for Uni of Leeds earlier today but have just got an interview offer for a school direct... mixed emotions today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Did they at least say why?

I am applying for Secondary Modern Foreign languages. I am a bit worried about me after hearing that you got declined that easily.
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Where do you see how many places each uni has? I lost the link.
    Nope they didn't say why - I think you'll be okay though bc mfl doesn't seem to be as overpopulated as English. I'm so sorry, I don't have the link! I remember it being on this thread pages and pages back but didn't save it - sorry!
    Hope you get the place you want

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.