Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Does anybody know how to do this:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Internet leads be to believe that the triangle means 'change in'. I have no idea how to interpret that though, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Hypothetically, if I don't record a narration for this advert video project for ICT, would it still be possible for me to get at least a B?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    ... and how are the Year 11s doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Everyone around me is revising but I can't bring myself to because I feel it's too early. But I still feel guilty for not working... What should I be doing?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about the others but I'm doing horribly. Classes got harder, specifically english and physics, I'm now being forced to at least get a C in french, my ICT coursework is stressing me out and I have so many homeworks each week. It went from 1-2 to about 5-7. I still haven't heard from any of the schools I've applied to and my teachers have been dropping hints about my grades and have increased my classmates' and my parents' expectation of me. I went from a they-got-a-B-in-almost-everything-and-that's-so-good to they-got-an-A!?-that's-disappointing. I just want to get this over with 😢

Sorry for the long rant.

What about you? How are you doing?

P.S.

ReputationRep:
    Currently (metaphorically) dying brb T_T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Does anybody know how to do this:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The f is that?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got tips for revision for someone that despises revision? I usually just do past papers nothing else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Déscartés)
    Anyone got tips for revision for someone that despises revision? I usually just do past papers nothing else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends on the subject For sciences & maths I enjoy writing out all of the notes and sort of collecting them in my own little revision guide. The satisfaction keeps me going.

When it comes to things like geography I make colourful mindmaps and diagrams.

Generally, trying to contribute everything into my own guide keeps me going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    Depends on the subject For sciences & maths I enjoy writing out all of the notes and sort of collecting them in my own little revision guide. The satisfaction keeps me going.

When it comes to things like geography I make colourful mindmaps and diagrams.

Generally, trying to contribute everything into my own guide keeps me going
    what year u in im in year 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheYearNiner)
    I'm in year 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    I'm in year 11
    how many exams have you done/do you have left?

ReputationRep:
    how many exams have you done/do you have left?
    We start them in June time I think, but I have one GCSE - Statistics which is an A.

I started mocks today as well, I had English language & RE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    We start them in June time I think, but I have one GCSE - Statistics which is an A.

I started mocks today as well, I had English language & RE.
    nice and goodluck
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Everyone around me is revising but I can't bring myself to because I feel it's too early. But I still feel guilty for not working... What should I be doing?
    Well..... as I'm in Y10 I can't really advise to an extent because I haven't been in Y11 before. :mmm: However, if you feel that it's too early for you to be revising and you think that you won't benefit at all... I wouldn't start revising... fully. Maybe looking over things you did at the start of Y10 or topics you found a little difficult or things you just can't remember! That way when you do feel ready to start revising you'll: have a little less to do and you'll already have the mindset in order for you to revise. It is your choice though!

I hope this helps.

(Original post by Firenze26)
    I'm not sure about the others but I'm doing horribly. Classes got harder, specifically english and physics, I'm now being forced to at least get a C in french, my ICT coursework is stressing me out and I have so many homeworks each week. It went from 1-2 to about 5-7. I still haven't heard from any of the schools I've applied to and my teachers have been dropping hints about my grades and have increased my classmates' and my parents' expectation of me. I went from a they-got-a-B-in-almost-everything-and-that's-so-good to they-got-an-A!?-that's-disappointing. I just want to get this over with ������

Sorry for the long rant.

What about you? How are you doing?

P.S.

:eek:

Don't worry! I can 'listen'. :mmm: :hugs: I'm sorry to hear about all the stressful stuff going on with you! Maybe try to make a plan of what you want to get done this week and maybe talk with your parents and teachers if you feel things have become significantly harder? + Don't frazzle yourself!

I'm good, thank you. Doing Year 10 stuff... I feel freer this week because I don't have as much homework!

P.S.

Why do you always write this? Your grammar is fine!

(Original post by LeFeuilly)
    Currently (metaphorically) dying brb T_T
    Aww, why? :console:

Hi! :hi:

If you're in Y10 you might want to take a look at our Year 10 thread?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2936641

ReputationRep:
    nice and goodluck
    TY :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    what do you do once you've completed all the past papers you can find online? i've used them all for revision already and now i don't know what to use to practice my exam techniques

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one that thinks ICT coursework is easy? I'm struggling more with business 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumb cabbage)
    Am I the only one that thinks ICT coursework is easy? I'm struggling more with business 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which exam board do you do for ICT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well..... as I'm in Y10 I can't really advise to an extent because I haven't been in Y11 before. :mmm: However, if you feel that it's too early for you to be revising and you think that you won't benefit at all... I wouldn't start revising... fully. Maybe looking over things you did at the start of Y10 or topics you found a little difficult or things you just can't remember! That way when you do feel ready to start revising you'll: have a little less to do and you'll already have the mindset in order for you to revise. It is your choice though!

I hope this helps.
    Oh, I didn't realise you're in year 10 :facepalm: And thanks, that's some good advice.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.