Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    His janaza happened yesterday. May Allah have mercy on him.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/muslims-u...dish-1.2229866

Bullets fired through windows of a Muslim secondary school in Canada. Alhamdulilah no one was inside at the time.
    This is getting too much now. May Allah keep us all safe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    Pakistan is not a proper Muslim country, not even close.
    "The constitution of Pakistan has yet to be framed by the Pakistan Constituent Assembly. I do not know what the ultimate shape of this constitution is going to be, but I am sure that it will be of a democratic type, embodying the essential principle of Islam. Today, they are as applicable in actual life as they were 1,300 years ago. Islam and its idealism have taught us democracy"

Muhammad Ali Jinnah, 1948

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    "The constitution of Pakistan has yet to be framed by the Pakistan Constituent Assembly. I do not know what the ultimate shape of this constitution is going to be, but I am sure that it will be of a democratic type, embodying the essential principle of Islam. Today, they are as applicable in actual life as they were 1,300 years ago. Islam and its idealism have taught us democracy"

Muhammad Ali Jinnah, 1948
    That was 60+ years ago and Pakistan has changed A LOT since (and not for the better). Also people argue that Jinnah wanted a secular Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    That was 60+ years ago and Pakistan has changed A LOT since (and not for the better). Also people argue that Jinnah wanted a secular Pakistan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The irony that the founder of Pakistan ate pork and drank alcohol.I find that odd. What do ordinary Pakistanis think of Jinnah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    The irony that the founder of Pakistan ate pork and drank alcohol.I find that odd. What do ordinary Pakistanis think of Jinnah?

Most people think he's a saint but my dad really does not agree with most of his political moves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Many consider him a great leader (as he achieved a separate homeland for Muslims). Some don't.

Not sure about the pork rumour.

ReputationRep:
    Bare fudge and waffles on this fine morning :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the fudge and waffles joke.

ReputationRep:
    Is this state of our Ummah?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/doammuslims...type=1&theater

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    Wa 'alaykum assalaam. See what Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam (hafizhahullah) says here::
    http://www.daruliftaa.com/node/5585

Hi :wavey:

It's unfortunate that genuine questioners' posts sometimes get lost in the thread. Feel free to ask - this thread allows for some light discussion and chat

Assalaamu 'alaykum. Feel free to quote/PM me.
    Depends... Will I get banned for calling you Imaam Ash?

ReputationRep:
    http://abc13.com/515887/

ReputationRep:
    It never ends...

لاحول ولا قوة إلا بالله

ReputationRep:
    Shocking.

Media blackout?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    We love him. Not really sure about the pork and alcohol rumour.

ReputationRep:
    I want to know one thing:

1. Where did ISIS originate from? Worldwide? What ideology do they claim to be following?

Why on earth have nations such as saudi-arabia partaken on proxy support for them? Why were saudi sheikhs giving fatwa's to invade syria and not palestine?

Who funds these extremists?

It would be utterly naive to assume ISIS globally are random bedouins, and not supported or originally controlled by powerful wealthy nations acting as proxies being one possibility worth investigating.

It was quite amusing and sad to hear ISIS calling on ISRAEL for support. It really shows you what sides are fighting doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    The Constitution of Medina (Arabic: دستور المدينة‎, Dastūr ul-Madīnah or صحيفة المدينة Ṣaḥīfat ul-Madīnah), also known as the Charter of Medina, was drafted by the Islamic prophet Muhammad. It constituted a formal agreement between Muhammad and all of the significant tribes and families of Yathrib (later known as Medina), including Muslims, Jews, Christians[1] and pagans.[2][3] This constitution formed the basis of the first Islamic state. The document was created to bring to an end the bitter inter-tribal fighting between the clans of the Aws (Aus) and Khazraj within Medina. To this effect it instituted a number of rights and responsibilities for the Muslim, Jewish, Christian and pagan communities of Medina bringing them within the fold of one community—the Ummah.[4]

Rights of non-Muslims

The non-Muslims included in the ummah had the following rights:[36]

1. The security of God is equal for all groups,[37]
    2. Non-Muslim members will have the same political and cultural rights as Muslims. They will have autonomy and freedom of religion.[38]
    3. Non-Muslims will take up arms against the enemy of the Ummah and share the cost of war. There is to be no treachery between the two.[39]
    4. Non-Muslims will not be obliged to take part in religious wars of the Muslims.[40]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Why on earth have nations such as saudi-arabia partaken on proxy support for them?

It would be utterly naive to assume ISIS globally are random bedouins, and not supported or originally controlled by powerful wealthy nations acting as proxies being one possibility worth investigating.

It was quite amusing and sad to hear ISIS calling on ISRAEL for support. It really shows you what sides are fighting doesn't it?
    Would you mind bringing proof for this.

ReputationRep:
    Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said: I live in the thought of My servant and I am with him as he remembers Me. (The Holy Prophet) further said: By Allah, Allah is more pleased wth the repentance of His servant than what one of you would do on finding the lost camel in the waterless desert. When he draws near Me by the span of his hand. I draw near him by the length of a cubit and when he draws near Me by the length of a cubit. I draw near him by the length of a fathom and when he draws near Me walking I draw close to him hurriedly.

Sahih Muslim Book 37, Hadith 6610

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.