Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by lindsvely)
    Everything is just going wrong. Ever since I was a kid I dreamed of going to university, but that will never happen.
    :jumphug: Your GCSEs won't really determine whether you go to university (tbh, only Oxford look at GCSEs), you still have a chance of going to university.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RBalboa)
    Doesn't matter but thanks
    You can tell me, I think I know what's up :jumphug: It matters to me

ReputationRep:
    Everything is just going wrong. Ever since I was a kid I dreamed of going to university, but that will never happen.
    I don't get it, if you get all from A-B Grades in GCSE you can likely take anything in Sixth Form and then as long as you do well with your A-Levels you can go to University. I don't see what you're worrying about. I only got C's in my English exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feraligatr)
    :jumphug: Why?
    Don't worry, it'll make me feel better. I am a crying baby.

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    You can tell me, I think I know what's up :jumphug: It matters to me
    I will email u n lol I love how you get me so well lol, n I know

ReputationRep:
    I also have butterflies cos bae is just so :love:

ReputationRep:
    :jumphug: Your GCSEs won't really determine whether you go to university (tbh, only Oxford look at GCSEs), you still have a chance of going to university.
    I know my GCSEs don't matter, that was my point exactly. Even if I get all A*s I have no discernible future
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Don't worry, it'll make me feel better. I am a crying baby.

:hugs:
    You're not a crying baby silly, you're amazing Dinaa :jumphug:

I know my GCSEs don't matter, that was my point exactly. Even if I get all A*s I have no discernible future
    tbh, that's not entirely true. I regret not revising for my GCSEs during year 11 and ended up with mediocre grades, although MOST universities don't look at GCSEs in terms of application for university, I'm confined to applying for some schemes (I can't apply for most) which could help my personal statement so they do matter to an extent. That being said though, your GCSEs could make potentially make you an Oxbridge hopeful though if you get enough A*s, you never know

ReputationRep:
    Stressed about my exam tommorow that I suddenly dont feel ready for.. my life depends on this exam (not uni/school exam).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're not a crying baby silly, you're amazing Dinaa :jumphug:

tbh, that's not entirely true. I regret not revising for my GCSEs during year 11 and ended up with mediocre grades, although MOST universities don't look at GCSEs in terms of application for university, I'm confined to applying for some schemes (I can't apply for most) which could help my personal statement so they do matter to an extent. That being said though, your GCSEs could make potentially make you an Oxbridge hopeful though if you get enough A*s, you never know
    I won't get any A*s, it was a hypothetical.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I won't get any A*s, it was a hypothetical.
    :jumphug: You're doing your GCSEs now, you've got A-Levels ahead of you and then you got university. To be honest with you, there's no point of being upset with your GCSEs since believe it or not, they can potentially motivate you to do better during A-Levels. I'm in Year 12, last year I was in your boots doing my GCSE exams and was procrastinating which I regret (as mentioned earlier), that costed me quite a few A's and A*s I could potentially have received, on results day I left quite disappointed and regretful. I wasn't happy but that day believe it or not motivated me and told you I need to work my socks off during my A-Levels because if I want to get to university, I need to get amazing A-Level grades. You can do it. You have a future Just believe in yourself, I know you can. If you want someone to motivate you or just someone to talk with, PM me or VM me, I'm all ears

ReputationRep:
    :jumphug: You're doing your GCSEs now, you've got A-Levels ahead of you and then you got university. To be honest with you, there's no point of being upset with your GCSEs since believe it or not, they can potentially motivate you to do better during A-Levels. I'm in Year 12, last year I was in your boots doing my GCSE exams and was procrastinating which I regret (as mentioned earlier), that costed me quite a few A's and A*s I could potentially have received, on results day I left quite disappointed and regretful. I wasn't happy but that day believe it or not motivated me and told you I need to work my socks off during my A-Levels because if I want to get to university, I need to get amazing A-Level grades. You can do it. You have a future Just believe in yourself, I know you can. If you want someone to motivate you or just someone to talk with, PM me or VM me, I'm all ears
    I probably won't do A Levels because no VI Form or college wants me.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing awful
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I probably won't do A Levels because no VI Form or college wants me.
    That's silly, have you heard from the sixth form/colleges you've applied for? Some sixth form/colleges will accept students upon enrollment (some not all)

ReputationRep:
    Stressing about this counselling personal statement I have to finish by tomorrow, & still struggling to think of how to elaborate on & structure it effectively. 3 paragraphs really isn't enough, aaarrgghhh!!!

ReputationRep:
    stressed.

ReputationRep:
    I HATE MY LIFE AND EVERYTHING IN IT, I'm no use to anyone Bcuz all I do is hurt and I'm sorry for all the pain I caused
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RBalboa)
    I HATE MY LIFE AND EVERYTHING IN IT, I'm no use to anyone Bcuz all I do is hurt and I'm sorry for all the pain I caused
    You're not useless silly, you're important to many people, you don't realise it but you are
    PM me if you want someone to chat with
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    kind of broken and super stressed.
    i feel like i messed up my exams. the only way of getting into the university i want to go is getting scholarship from my school which is unlikely. you know that worst feeling when you disappoint your parents. praying that will not happen in august.
    also i feel like a complete loser. crying over the things that haven't yet happened while other people struggle through worse.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoying my final hours! (Also known as revising for my two exams tomorrow.)
    : )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.