Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    That's awesome! Glad to hear it's working so well for you.

I got prescribed Oxcarbazepine (Trileptal).

Otherwise...not so good if I'm honest. I'm running out of antipsychotics to try hence the mood-stabilizer instead
    Ah okay. Sorry to hear your not doing good :hugs: I hope the mood stabiliser helps. Always here if you wanna chat or that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Thanks hun. Have had to pull out of the trip They were very nice about it but I feel so bad :emo:
    It's good you thought about yourself though, try not to feel bad if you can (I know that's easier said than done) - but you have to put yourself first. :hugs: I hope things look up soon.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    I don't want to trigger you, but thanks for the offer.
    Mostly the only stuff that triggers me is ED related (or very specific abuse stuff) - so unless it's those two you probably won't trigger me. The offers open (this goes for you too TLG)

...And anybody else for that matter. :hugs: for all!

ReputationRep:
    I keep getting a major panic attack every time I try to do something. I'm lying in bed now feeling completely useless and dysfunctional. I wish my parents would take me to the doctor to sort this out and see what I can do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStoryteller)
    I keep getting a major panic attack every time I try to do something. I'm lying in bed now feeling completely useless and dysfunctional. I wish my parents would take me to the doctor to sort this out and see what I can do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do your parents know?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: why won't your parents do anything? Remember things will get better.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Not moaning at all! You can rant, I don't mind. I'm ok. Just really spaced out for some reason? :dontknow: I'm better than I was earlier though.

Would talking help at all? :console:

Definitely wouldn't be annoying at all. :nah: PM if you want. :hugs: Hope you're able to sleep and I hope you have a good (safe!) time on your trip. :penguinhug:
    It's fine, thanks. Not too sure why I even posted, was just having a moan. Dad's come back now so at least that made me move/try and look normal I guess. Sorry you're spaced out, glad you're better than earlier though- around if you want me :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Do your parents know?
    I've been telling my mum about it for a year but every time she just says something like "we all worry. it's part of who we are." or "we all go through this. you just have to stop making it a big thing and deal with it."

I have honestly tries everything I can but nothing seems to help ugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    :hugs: why won't your parents do anything? Remember things will get better.
    They believe that it's a normal thing we all go through and refuse to address it as a problem because it's not something like a virus or a cold. But thank you I'll keep hope in that

ReputationRep:
    They believe that it's a normal thing we all go through and refuse to address it as a problem because it's not something like a virus or a cold. But thank you I'll keep hope in that
    It's not a phase or whatever ugh. Have you tried cbt or even some mood gym?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    It's not a phase or whatever ugh. Have you tried cbt or even some mood gym?
    I've tried mood gym but it didn't seem to help much. As for CBT my counsellor tried to implement it in my sessions but I don't get a lot of sessions with her so I don't think I had enough time to "work" with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been telling my mum about it for a year but every time she just says something like "we all worry. it's part of who we are." or "we all go through this. you just have to stop making it a big thing and deal with it."

I have honestly tries everything I can but nothing seems to help ugh
    My parents pretty much said the same, it felt like a total slap in the face.

If you're able to, you could go alone. I think you can go to the doctors alone at 16 but i may be wrong on this. There is a limit to what they can do anyway so i wouldn't worry too much if you can't get professional help, all they did for me is give me drugs that didn't work, then give me counselling which made me feel like i had something wrong with me and still didn't work, although there are people in this thread with positive experiences i believe.

Ugh me again ^^^^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    It's fine, thanks. Not too sure why I even posted, was just having a moan. Dad's come back now so at least that made me move/try and look normal I guess. Sorry you're spaced out, glad you're better than earlier though- around if you want me :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's ok to need/want support. :sadnod: Sorry, just realised I haven't replied to your previous PM. :facepalm: We can talk on PM if you like? :console:

ReputationRep:
    Not my day is it ^^^^ :rolleyes: the anons were me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My parents pretty much said the same, it felt like a total slap in the face.

If you're able to, you could go alone. I think you can go to the doctors alone at 16 but i may be wrong on this. There is a limit to what they can do anyway so i wouldn't worry too much if you can't get professional help, all they did for me is give me drugs that didn't work, then give me counselling which made me feel like i had something wrong with me and still didn't work, although there are people in this thread with positive experiences i believe.
    I'm almost 19 so I guess I could go without them. I've pretty much tried everything alone tbf. I've been seeing a counsellor for a year which has had no effect on me whatsoever. I've also seen a psychiatrist who made me uneasy because it seems like he prescribes the same meds to all his patients and didn't seem to ask me any questions on what I was struggling with. I'm not sure why I want to go the doctor tbh but I feel like maybe he/she can try to find a solution and prescribe the right meds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Not my day is it ^^^^ :rolleyes: the anons were me
    Haha no worries

ReputationRep:
    I'm almost 19 so I guess I could go without them. I've pretty much tried everything alone tbf. I've been seeing a counsellor for a year which has had no effect on me whatsoever. I've also seen a psychiatrist who made me uneasy because it seems like he prescribes the same meds to all his patients and didn't seem to ask me any questions on what I was struggling with. I'm not sure why I want to go the doctor tbh but I feel like maybe he/she can try to find a solution and prescribe the right meds.
    It's worth a try!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Pathway)
    It's ok to need/want support. :sadnod: Sorry, just realised I haven't replied to your previous PM. :facepalm: We can talk on PM if you like? :console:
    I just feel bad Don't worry, it probably wasn't anything interesting anyway! If you want, up to you. Don't really know what to do with myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just feel bad Don't worry, it probably wasn't anything interesting anyway! If you want, up to you. Don't really know what to do with myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be fine, I'll just end up moaning at you both and don't know what I'd say anyway. Sorry, thank you- are you two ok? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing wrong with moaning :no: Here if you need anyway.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.