Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clong551)
    I did the same thing as you did! like putting the OH- at the product side lol
    Hopefully we'll still get the marks, they were in aqueous solution so water was a valid reactant, and we formed hydroxide ions so the conditions must have been alkaline

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone roughly remember the number of marks for each question.. Acc dying right now. Messed up te buffer and last calculation 😭😭😭

ReputationRep:
    Just going to throw out some numbers that are on my calculator and see if they ring a bell with anyone:

2.9 x10^-2

Anyone recognise these?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TJB12345)
    Just going to throw out some numbers that are on my calculator and see if they ring a bell with anyone:

2.9 x10^-2

Anyone recognise these?
    Yeah all of them haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jm098)
    Yeah all of them haha
    Great! Unless they're wrong in which case we're both f*cked.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the numbers involved in the kc question?

ReputationRep:
    Yh! But I don't remember 10.68 I have a rubbish short term memory what was the q for 10.68
    (Original post by Jm098)
    Yeah all of them haha

ReputationRep:
    Would you get the mark for just saying I2 doesn't form hydrogen bonds or do you have to put it doesn't form hydrogen bonds because it's non-polar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student.1997)
    Would you get the mark for just saying I2 doesn't form hydrogen bonds or do you have to put it doesn't form hydrogen bonds because it's non-polar?
    That's what I put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimoooooooo)
    Yh! But I don't remember 10.68 I have a rubbish short term memory what was the q for 10.68
    Not a clue mate, my memory's probably even worse. It was the last maths question before the one where x=4.

ReputationRep:

2.9 x10^-2

Anyone recognise these?
    All of them are correct except it's 10.67:3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uk_shahj)
    yeah i got that, haven't seen anyone else say they got this yet though
    I also got that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not a clue mate, my memory's probably even worse. It was the last maths question before the one where x=4.
    You know what I don't even remember 10.68 either hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Still have no idea 🙌🏻😂

ReputationRep:
    I just said it can't form hydrogen bonds it can only form VDW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jm098)
    I just said it can't form hydrogen bonds it can only form VDW
    Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFancy1997)
    All of them are correct except it's 10.67:3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it? That's annoying... What was the question about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _NMcC_)
    So you consider the opinions of a few (let's say 7) that only you have spoken with to be representative of the whole cohort? I.e The 1000s of students whom you didn't speak to.

You couldn't of gotten an A in this paper without revising. That's the stupidest lie ever. If you didn't revise, you wouldn't have known about ligands, fuel cells and the concepts surrounding buffers. All which featured heavily in this paper as application of knowledge style questions.
    First off, one of these things didn't even come up in the paper, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Secondly, yes, you could have gotten an A in this paper without revising, some people are just naturally skilled at chemistry, or have eidetic memories, I personally did about 20 hours max revision over the entire year, the fact that this paper was incredibly easy also helps.

Just because you either cant be bothered to revise at all, or are bad at chemistry, does not change the fact that everyone who I have talked to, including people who are bad at chemistry, found this paper easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student.1997)
    i just write I2 non-polar. water polar. like dissolves like lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GillyTheGhillie)
    First off, one of these things didn't even come up in the paper, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Secondly, yes, you could have gotten an A in this paper without revising, some people are just naturally skilled at chemistry, or have eidetic memories, I personally did about 20 hours max revision over the entire year, the fact that this paper was incredibly easy also helps.

Just because you either cant be bothered to revise at all, or are bad at chemistry, does not change the fact that everyone who I have talked to, including people who are bad at chemistry, found this paper easy.
    No need for this dude, we're all A level chemists, no one who's made it here is bad at chemistry. Everyone's just finished an exam today, try and understand that for some people it didn't go as well as it could have done at no fault of their own.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.