Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk XII - MHoC Chat Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Another proposal rejected by the House, this time an amendment. Is there anything that the House has passed this term?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    That's not even funny TBH.
    You don't have an arm or a leg to stand on ..... It's not offensive
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Natalie Bennett is going to resign this summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Natalie Bennett is going to resign this summer
    Wonder who will stand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    You don't have an arm or a leg to stand on ..... It's not offensive
    Whatever.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Another proposal rejected by the House, this time an amendment. Is there anything that the House has passed this term?
    I've written a Government Bill which will hopefully either come out tonight or tomorrow night (hopefully!), which I think people will generally support.

ReputationRep:
    I've realised I have a drink problem. Oh God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Apparently under the licencing act 1872 (an unrepealed part) it is illegal to be drunk in a pub

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If that's the case, I've broken the law a fair few times!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I've written a Government Bill which will hopefully either come out tonight or tomorrow night (hopefully!), which I think people will generally support.
    What's it on?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    What's it on?
    You'll have to wait and see But it's something that I've been thinking about for a while, and think most people will be happy with it!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    You'll have to wait and see But it's something that I've been thinking about for a while, and think most people will be happy with it!
    I love a bit of suspense.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I love a bit of suspense.
    You're probably going to be incredibly underwhelmed when/if it comes out now...!

ReputationRep:
    The suspense is killing me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The suspense is killing me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Donald Trump has warned he may not have a "very good relationship" with UK Prime Minister David Cameron if he wins the US presidency.

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I wonder if Caroline Lucas will become the next Green Leader when Natalie Bennett steps down in August.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if Caroline Lucas will become the next Green Leader when Natalie Bennett steps down in August.
    She was a great leader before Bennett took the reigns. I personally believe that she's the best person for the job - she is certainly popular enough amongst the electorate.

I do wonder whether she'll stand, though; she did step down originally to devote more time to other priorities.

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    She was a great leader before Bennett took the reigns. I personally believe that she's the best person for the job - she is certainly popular enough amongst the electorate.

I do wonder whether she'll stand, though; she did step down originally to devote more time to other priorities.
    It doesn't really matter who the green leader is, they could probably adopt a panda and make that their leader or something and do just as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    It doesn't really matter who the green leader is, they could probably adopt a panda and make that their leader or something and do just as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some people really do see the Greens as a serious party. Of course, if they're to be more successful then some of their policies need to be toned down, so they really do need a sensible, pragmatic leader to oversee such changes - that person is Caroline Lucas.

I commend Natalie Bennett for her leadership of the Green Party. Although public speaking isn't really her thing, she did lead the party into electoral gains.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.