Pepsi (Cool & Crisp)
    36.56%
    Sex.
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    :awesome::nutcase:
    Seen this yet? Do it while on facebook:

"Press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Enter, then left click Then Scroll Up And Down up & down"

Nice things will happen

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

The general idea in Higher English is to get the NABS OUT OF THE WAY. At the start, just get them out of the way. And spend the year doing Close Reading practice, reading memorising quotes from plays/novels/poems and working on your critical essays.

But you are going to have a ******** of pressure launched at you at the same time now.
    :eek3:

I'll ask on monday to see if I can do the NABs early.

ReputationRep:
    You're meant to be working :shifty:
    As are you. Thanks, though, because I now feel guilty and will return to it! :o:

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

Old.
    Well sorry for not being a facebook addict :rolleyes: :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    You've stubbed a toe? Don't blame you, stubbing my toe off the corner of my bed is enough to bring Arnold Scharzweggigerrgerrigirer (Austrian guy that played Terminator) to tears. :p:
    :lolwut: Nope.

I got the Killers DVD (:love:) on Tuesday, so then gave it to a friend to borrow and they gave it back on Friday, and then gave it to my old english teacher to borrow, but have just realised that it's inservice on Monday and Tuesday and I have a music trip on Wednesday so won't get it back until Thursday at the earliest. And then realised that they won't be touring in the UK for a while. Double fail.

Pathetic much?

ReputationRep:
    We had all our NABs done by November.
    Well, we are practicing for the closereading and she wants to make sure that when we sit the NAB, we do it good. I think her plan (in contradiction to herself) was to get the personal reflective, TA and cl out of the way by december, personal study in january (oral ugh) and idk about the essays nab.

But damn it, I'm ******** it now. lol.

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    :lolwut: Nope.

I got the Killers DVD (:love:) on Tuesday, so then gave it to a friend to borrow and they gave it back on Friday, and then gave it to my old english teacher to borrow, but have just realised that it's inservice on Monday and Tuesday and I have a music trip on Wednesday so won't get it back until Thursday at the earliest. And then realised that they won't be touring in the UK for a while. Double fail.

Pathetic much?
    Just a bit :p: but we're humans, we take pride in our possessions. Unlike dancers, mysterious bunch the lot of them. Very ambigious indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get, "How to pass Higher English"?
    This is a completely honest question: do you have some interest (financial or otherwise) in that book's sales?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just a bit :p: but we're humans, we take pride in our possessions. Unlike dancers, mysterious bunch the lot of them. Very ambigious indeed.
    Lets not get into that again. We've already established the winner. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Did you get, "How to pass Higher English"?
    We were told to get that but I never did. Subsequent lessons were a snooze-fest.

AH was another matter though. :o:

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Lets not get into that again. We've already established the winner. :p:
    Oh no, I'm not willing to plunge into that again. Clearly, we both know who the winner is. I wonder if there are any good midnight shows on the television.

ReputationRep:
    :p:
    That book is the best written book on a subject I have ever encountered. I've never read a book which explains a subject so well.
    Interestingly, most of my class found it extremely dull and useless :eyeball:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh no, I'm not willing to plunge into that again. Clearly, we both know who the winner is. I wonder if there are any good midnight shows on the television.
    Oh. Good then. I have too much work to be doing. But now biology can be crossed off my list.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :sigh:

Well, it helped me get 50 :p:
    In close reading?

(Original post by ukdragon37)
    Interestingly, most of my class found it extremely dull and useless :eyeball:
    I found it that too.

ReputationRep:
    Listen to what I read in my college handbook:
    "Difficulty

All Higher and Intermediate Two courses in the college are very challenging and require a lot of dedication both mentally and physically. This is why that we persist that you only do three highers at maximum, as students who take four highers or more tend to "buckle" under the pressure and underperform. If you don't get 30% or more in your prelim, then you will not be able to sit the final exam (you will have to return next year and do this)."

So motivating eh :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    require a lot of dedication both mentally and physically
    :rofl:

I'm not disagreeing with them but this phrase is a bit heavy. It's not Kilimanjaro.

Madjackismad
    Ukdragon37
    TheUnbeliever

Last Activity: 1 minute ago.

:tumble:
    Have you seen the size of 'War and Peace'? ******* huge!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone offer any advice here? I'm seriously considering applying for Veterinary Medicine at Edinburgh next year. The requirements are listed as:

AAABB. Five Highers, including Chemistry, and two of Biology, Mathematics, Physics. Chemistry and one other science required at A Grade. Five Highers must be taken in S5. Chemistry and another science subject (preferably Biology) at Advanced Higher, at Grade B. If students have not previously studied Biology to Higher level and Physics to Standard Grade or Higher level, the subject should be studied in S6 to Higher level for Biology and Standard Grade, Intermediate 2 or Higher level for Physics.

The only thing is, I don't understand if it means A at H Chem OR B at AH (Both?! - If so, that's a problem). Also, reading the end, I never took SG Physics, but I was planning on crashing it anyway in S6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Listen to what I read in my college handbook:
    "Difficulty

All Higher and Intermediate Two courses in the college are very challenging and require a lot of dedication both mentally and physically. This is why that we persist that you only do three highers at maximum, as students who take four highers or more tend to "buckle" under the pressure and underperform. If you don't get 30% or more in your prelim, then you will not be able to sit the final exam (you will have to return next year and do this)."

So motivating eh :awesome:
    It's very easy to sound uppity about this but it's best to remember that there are those (through largely no fault of their own) whom this advice is very appropriate for.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.