Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Exciting and scary all in one! When will you be teaching it?
    Monday I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachz)
    Monday I think.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!
    Haha thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Just found out my first school

Ill be going to a nice school on the IOW in year 5 , the uni are paying for a b and b and ferry travel for those of use who have who are placed on IOW.

Im really excited!

ReputationRep:
    I had wondered what happened if you had a placement on the IOW, it's nice to know the Uni helps out!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am just wondering if someone who is already on a PGCE course could advise me on a problem I have. I have lost all of my GCSE and A'level certificates. I am wondering, do I have to show these if I get an interview at a university. Or at what stage? Has anyone been through this and had to send off for certificates?

I was looking up about lost certs and one award body only offers a statement of results, is this acceptable?

I do have my Alevel results statement you receive when you first get your results, would this be sufficient?

Any advice from anyone who has experienced this recently would be greatly appreciated.

Lily

ReputationRep:
    I had to get my certificates reprinted because my name was misspelt. It cost me about £60 and I had to send off the ones I had. My uni wanted to see the actual certificates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had a statement of results from the exam board - this was fine as it wasn't just from the school. At my interview they hadn't arrived but this caused no issues, the uni were very understanding.

ReputationRep:
    I have a statement of results for my Alevels but nothing for GCSEs. It looks like it will cost about £300 to replace them all. Do universities ask for the certs at time of interview or ucas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilymc)
    I have a statement of results for my Alevels but nothing for GCSEs. It looks like it will cost about £300 to replace them all. Do universities ask for the certs at time of interview or ucas?
    It's usually at enrolment. It's worth phoning all the places you want to apply to and asking if the statement of results will be acceptable before you shell out that kind of money. You never know, you might actually be lucky.

ReputationRep:
    I had a statement of results from the exam board - this was fine as it wasn't just from the school. At my interview they hadn't arrived but this caused no issues, the uni were very understanding.
    Thanks for getting back, I have my Alevel statement of results, just need to get the. GCSE ones then!

ReputationRep:
    Time of interview ordinarily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    It's usually at enrolment. It's worth phoning all the places you want to apply to and asking if the statement of results will be acceptable before you shell out that kind of money. You never know, you might actually be lucky.
    I think so too, it would be worth giving them a call. do you only show certs if you get a place then?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for getting back, I have my Alevel statement of results, just need to get the. GCSE ones then!
    Note that my statement of results was official from the exam board (paid for) and not from my school. You may want to check with individual providers what they will accept.

ReputationRep:
    I think so too, it would be worth giving them a call. do you only show certs if you get a place then?
    That's always been my understanding, but if Peachz had to show them at interview, it may have changed.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am just wondering if someone who is already on a PGCE course could advise me on a problem I have. I have lost all of my GCSE and A'level certificates. I am wondering, do I have to show these if I get an interview at a university. Or at what stage? Has anyone been through this and had to send off for certificates?

I was looking up about lost certs and one award body only offers a statement of results, is this acceptable?

I do have my Alevel results statement you receive when you first get your results, would this be sufficient?

Any advice from anyone who has experienced this recently would be greatly appreciated.

Lily
    The statement of results from the exam board is acceptable as proof. Just as an interesting note, they have to allow this as, like you said, some exam boards no longer offer replacement certificates. If statements weren't acceptable, anyone who lost their certificate (including fire, flood, theft...) Would basically have to do the qualification again.

When they want them depends on the uni but I imagine most would be understanding if you were waiting for them to arrive, as long as you have them by the start of the course.

It's worth getting them whatever since even if you don't get on you'll likely need them for any further study or graduate job.

Xxx

Edit: Link to confirm and put your mind at rest!

http://ofqual.gov.uk/help-and-advice...t-certificate/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Note that my statement of results was official from the exam board (paid for) and not from my school. You may want to check with individual providers what they will accept.

Thank you, yeah best to double check!

ReputationRep:
    Quit my PGCE today ha (technically interrupted), but I have the opportunity to go back next year if wanted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    The statement of results from the exam board is acceptable as proof. Just as an interesting note, they have to allow this as, like you said, some exam boards no longer offer replacement certificates. If statements weren't acceptable, anyone who lost their certificate (including fire, flood, theft...) Would basically have to do the qualification again.

When they want them depends on the uni but I imagine most would be understanding if you were waiting for them to arrive, as long as you have them by the start of the course.

It's worth getting them whatever since even if you don't get on you'll likely need them for any further study or graduate job.

Xxx

Edit: Link to confirm and put your mind at rest!

http://ofqual.gov.uk/help-and-advice...t-certificate/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers thank you for your advise and the link, it was very helpful! Lily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesManc)
    Quit my PGCE today ha (technically interrupted), but I have the opportunity to go back next year if wanted
    What made you quit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.