Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Room Student)
    How's everyone feeling? Vote this UP if you're excited [[or DOWN if you're dreading it...]]

And feel free to reply back saying if you're somewhere in the twilight-zone

EDIT: I'd like to retain a decent reputation, so scrap the voting down part please
    Well, I thought I'd just comment instead as I didn't want to bring your reputation down I am dreading it atm, you? I just hate this feeling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theJdog)
    Well, I thought I'd just comment instead as I didn't want to bring your reputation down I am dreading it atm, you? I just hate this feeling!
    Haha thanks In all honesty I'm looking forward to it - but not from excitement, but the anticipation that's making me count down the days...

Either way, I need to take my mind off it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piledriver)
    I've watched quite literally every 'opening my results' video youtube has to offer while trying to pass the time
    Same! Lol did you watch the video where the Asian kid pretends he got a U, that video was hilarious:ahee: His poor mum was in tears:no:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Same! Lol did you watch the video where the Asian kid pretends he got a U, that video was hilarious:ahee: His poor mum was in tears:no:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why are Asian people GENERALLY smarter than the rest of us

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKnloiM...%3DPKnloiM-0Ns

Lol, my brother showed my parents this video yeeeears ago and they always bring it up when were going for results..

"We're Asians, not Bsians, not Csians...Asians"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I cant believe its only 6 days till GCSE results day, where did all the time go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Room Student)
    Hahaha oh man, you can tell I'm a YouTuber... Just done a quick edit; hopefully everyone else is either really excited or will have mercy! ~

Ahh I know that feeling, think I'm just keen to know.

I mean having tried so hard to achieve these high target grades I was set, I just don't want to disappoint anyone...
    Haha Even if you do get some down votes, it'll take a fair while before you actually notice anything significant in terms of your reputation change so I wouldn't worry too much. It's just in case some people are being a bit mean-spirited (or are all really nervous!), you know

Yeah, same. I'll kick myself if I haven't got at least my teachers' predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tohaaaa)
    Actually I read somewhere that people with blue eyes are generally more intelligent than people with brown eyes, most Asians have brown eyes But yh I'm guessing it's
    to do with the Asian work ethic which is enforced by their parents resulting in excellent grades or severe punishment Well thts my theory anyway:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darnell LD97)
    I cant believe its only 6 days till GCSE results day, where did all the time go.
    I'm glad the time has gone because I just want to get it over and done with... I wish there I had some sort of hibernation setting so I could just wake up at 9AM on Thursday, go to school and get my results. Sadly, that doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Actually I read somewhere that people with blue eyes are generally more intelligent than people with brown eyes, most Asians have brown eyes But yh I'm guessing it's
    to do with the Asian work ethic which is enforced by their parents resulting in excellent grades or severe punishment Well thts my theory anyway:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have blue eyes!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrari Lexus)
    I wanna do medicine too! and i think those are FAB choices! you could even try and get a private GP (like make ur own). they also EARN A BOMB. lol.i hope to get A*s, though i doubt ill get it and i think about 70% a* to get in? depends on the uni i suppose. where do you want to go?

Aww thanks!!!! Im glad I chose them subjects, I don’t regret it at all…what subjects are u gonna do??
    And yeah!!! That’s exactly what I wanna do some day!! Having my own GP surgery would be amazing!!!
    Don’t worry, hopefully you will get loads of A*’s…tell me what u get okay!!
    Oh really? I didn’t know that they use a percentage of A*’s….because I did 12 GCSE’s that would mean that I would need around 8!!! That’s loads!!

And im not sure which university, I honestly don’t mind, as long as I get to study medicine..i really wanted to go to birmingham but now im thinking that its just toooo competitive (A*AA!!!) I don’t know if ill have a chance….

what uni do u wanna go??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't :eek: I'm disappointed in myself, I thought I'd seen them all! I'll have to search for it now

ReputationRep:
    Guys isn't not 6 days it's 5 days 19 hours and 7 minutes until mine^.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am so scared omg

ReputationRep:
    My whole brain is crying

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna get my English Language grade for the exam that I did in January on Wednesday because i know my mark (63) but don't know what its worth until the grade boundaries come out!!! but then again..i dont know what my CA's add up to......
    oh well at least I'll get one result early!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tohaaaa)
    Not really! Pakistanis and Bangladeshis do not do that well but Indians and Chinese are one of the cleverest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_gyal97)
    I'm gonna get my English Language grade for the exam that I did in January on Wednesday because i know my mark (63) but don't know what its worth until the grade boundaries come out!!! but then again..i dont know what my CA's add up to......
    How do you know your mark already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_gyal97)

Yea same, I got 57 marks which my teacher said was a grade A! But it all depends on controlled assessments now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arunthathy)
    Not really! Pakistanis and Bangladeshis do not do that well but Indians and Chinese are one of the cleverest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, Indians are good at IT/Medicine if I'm not mistaken?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.