The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3920
Original post by Baa
It probably a new message that quite a few of us got today, saying you achieved a competitive score at interview but didn't score highly enough in order to be made an offer in the first round....
Check your messages though

Lol i know. I saw that message in the morning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 3921
Original post by Tuni530
Lol i know. I saw that message in the morning

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right haha, the email always tends to come out after the change is made, so its just outdated then I guess :P
Reply 3922
Is everyone getting this message? Or is there someone who hasn't been sent it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3923
I haven't got it, which is very bad indeed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview invite! Soooo happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motivatedrainbow
Interview invite! Soooo happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats! when is it for out of curiosity and whats you ukcat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why thank you ! And it's the 25th of March! UKCAT 750 average , what's you situation application wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motivatedrainbow
Why thank you ! And it's the 25th of March! UKCAT 750 average , what's you situation application wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ive had my interview in January and im waiting to hear back....

So they are interviewing at least til the end of march, potentially goin to wait another 40 days :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That must be tough! I hate all this waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3929
OFFER !

I am posting this on behalf of my daughter.

International from Singapore
Interview on 3 Feb (Interview went extremely well; she was very confident she would get a place !)
Offer on 24 Feb

IGCSE : 9 A*, 1 B (First Language Chinese)
Predicted IB: 45/45
UKCAT : 767

ECAs :
LTCL (violin),
Grade 8 (piano)
First Violins, Singapore National Youth Orchestra x 6 years
ConcertMaster, Senior School Orchestra
Captain, Senior School badminton 'A' team
Double-Diamonds Black Slope skier
President, Medical Society
A lot of internships in many hospitals & clinics in Singapore, volunteered weekly at a community hospital x 4 years, worked in orphanages in Myanmar border area, Bangkok, Malaysia. Still involved in a research project in Singapore National University Hospital.

To anyone trying to get into medicine this year or next, always try, never give up. Boost up your CV and be passionate !
Original post by Momberly
Sorry to hear :frown: what were your stats?

5A*4A 3Distinction
700 UKCAT
AAABb Alevels(B in general studies so i guess nobody cares about that lol)
Just got a message asking to re upload documents as they cant read them...hope its good sign...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3932
Original post by kolatytler
Just got a message asking to re upload documents as they cant read them...hope its good sign...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!! *fingers crossed*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Beb2beb
Interview on February 6th, offer on February 20th! Over the moon! UKCAT 750 average (with 900 on abstract and 880 on quantitative). Grades are probably not applicable as I'm applying with A-level equivalents (EU applicant).

Congrats!!!!:smile::smile:
Original post by kolatytler

Posted from TSR Mobile

oooo, Good luck!
Reply 3935
Just got an interview invite for 13th March!!!! So shocked because I was convinced I was going to be rejected (my ukcat is only 725)!
They didn't even send me an email- I just happened to log into the portal and it looked exactly the same as normal- no red icon saying 'updated' until I saw on the side panel that it said interview invite.
Everyone who's still waiting make sure you check your portal and don't be fooled if it looks exactly the same!!
So excited!
Original post by Tuni530
I just got a message from kings saying i achieved a competitive score in the interview but not high enough for the first round of offers and that they are still considering my application. Did anyone else get this message?? What is this likely to mean? :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did too.
Reply 3937
Original post by 0766
Just got an interview invite for 13th March!!!! So shocked because I was convinced I was going to be rejected (my ukcat is only 725)!
They didn't even send me an email- I just happened to log into the portal and it looked exactly the same as normal- no red icon saying 'updated' until I saw on the side panel that it said interview invite.
Everyone who's still waiting make sure you check your portal and don't be fooled if it looks exactly the same!!
So excited!

Hey! Good Job and Good Luck with the interview! Anw, are you a home applicant?
Reply 3938
^ home applicant :smile: And thank you!
Original post by LoonyLuna
Scan them onto your computer and then you can upload the documents in a message on Portal in the section "send Kings a message".

On the "category" section click "additional documents", write a quick message to say what you're uploading, then just below that, click "choose file". Then you can name it to say what it is before you click "upload". You can continue to upload more files until you're done. Then click "send" and you're done :smile:

Hi guys! I'm not currently applying for Medicine but for Neuroscience at King's that's my firm choice, I had some questions but this is the only thread about them, that's why I m writing here even if I m a bit out of you, medicine applicants!
Btw, I ve sent king's several e-mails via Myapplication page, but no answer came and i 've been waiting for 2 months. So I'm afraid that they won't either receive the documents I ought to send them. Is there anybody with the same problem? Or does anyone know other e-mail addresses to refer?
Thx!

Quick Reply

Latest