Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiniO)
    Bad memories off my last visit to proact as we lost 3-0 I think and the oxford fans had a little protest to the chairman!! And yes by looking at Pompeys signings today that have got to be favourites!

Signing slocombe was weird cos we already had a class keeper in Ryan Clarke but he hasn't had a great season and apparently has fallen out the manager but he seems a very good replacement but ill wait until I see him more as some iron fans didn't rave about him
    I remember that - didn't you end the match with 8 men? I'm sure you had a red card sometime in the second half, another in injury time and then an injury when all three subs had been made just after the 2nd red?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    I remember that - didn't you end the match with 8 men? I'm sure you had a red card sometime in the second half, another in injury time and then an injury when all three subs had been made just after the 2nd red?
    Yes your correct actually, I had forgotten that!! we didn't hav a manager at the time and surprisingly we got a manager about a week later luckily I don't live in oxford and so didn't have to travel to far home!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    I love that simple designs are coming back. Can't wait to see our new sponsorless shirt
    Aye. Bolton seem to have got their junior team to model the kit, though.

ReputationRep:
    So Wednesday have finally confirmed their new manager at half ten on a Tuesday night :lol: and it is... Carlos Carvalhal (source).

No Mark Cooper in tow though which I guess could be a blessing. I'm quite concerned about his appointment tbh. Would also explain why we've signed a player from Braga on loan recently.

The 3 coaches that he's brought with him seem to have decent records though. Welcome aboard to our first ever foreign manager

ReputationRep:
    What's he been doing / where has he been for the last 3 years?? Wiki says that his last coaching role was at Istanbul in 2012!?! Always strange seeing a foreign manager come in but wish you all the best for the season especially as my next door neighbor is a Wednesday fan!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ipswich will struggle without Mings next year, you'd assume. Both sides get a great deal, though. Bournemouth have probably overpaid ever so slightly, but he's definitely worthy of a bottom half PL side.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    So Chris Wood has joined Leeds - tidy goalscorer but don't expect him to be of any use in the build up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiniO)
    What's he been doing / where has he been for the last 3 years?? Wiki says that his last coaching role was at Istanbul in 2012!?! Always strange seeing a foreign manager come in but wish you all the best for the season especially as my next door neighbor is a Wednesday fan!
    Yeah he hasn't had a managers job for the past 3 years! Although its not on wiki some other sources say he's been technical advisor at some club in the UAE/Qatar (or some like close to that... I forget) for a while.

EDIT: Its the UAE https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ahli_Dubai_F.C.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard of Steve Davies ??? New singing for Bradford. Not so keen on him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    Has anyone heard of Steve Davies ??? New singing for Bradford. Not so keen on him
    Here you go - wiki profile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Here you go - wiki profile
    Doesnt look good but the new wing Morris I think he's called, looks very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    I'm a Derby fan and he's one of my favourite ever footballers. Absolute belter of a left foot on him.

The rumour is that our captain at the time (Jason Shackell) slept with Davies' missus, which led to both of them being sold. Not sure how true that is but an interesting tidbit, nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    So Chris Wood has joined Leeds - tidy goalscorer but don't expect him to be of any use in the build up.
    We're after Blades winger Jamie Murphy to do that job. Apparently Adkins is keen on getting Billy Sharp, could see a cash + player deal happening there
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Neil Lennon favourite for the Leicester job, which would effect Bolton no end you'd imagine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    New Bolton kit.

Vile, shall stick with last seasons.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Why does every kit these days seem to be moving the badge further and further up - it's practically on the shoulders there...

As for Lennon - no. If he weren't a former leicester player he wouldn't even be considered.

We've signed a German, an Austrian, a Dane, a Frenchman and an Englishman so far. The Dane is an established international - Andreas Bjelland - with 21 caps.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Why does every kit these days seem to be moving the badge further and further up - it's practically on the shoulders there...

As for Lennon - no. If he weren't a former leicester player he wouldn't even be considered.
    Who would you prefer, seeing as though Big Sam isn't a realistic option?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Who would you prefer, seeing as though Big Sam isn't a realistic option?
    Not a clue - with Big Sam having ruled out, leaving utter guff as the options, I'd rather go for someone currently unemployed as a cheap stopgap until we can find a good championship manager to get us back up in the 16/17 season, and Lennon is neither.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Not a clue - with Big Sam having ruled out, leaving utter guff as the options, I'd rather go for someone currently unemployed as a cheap stopgap until we can find a good championship manager to get us back up in the 16/17 season, and Lennon is neither.
    Cambiasso player-manager?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.