(Original post by tamara98)
    One week guys aejfksmzlakxal
    You're scaring me Tamara!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonetruequeen)
    You're scaring me Tamara!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm currently away with my family for a weekend at the beach, I've been so stressed out I couldn't look at my desk without panicking ! :')
    I decided to accept my fate and admit that I'll never feel ready for my exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonetruequeen)
    Pretty much this. I won't be able to get a tickets, let alone a visa in December on such short notice.

Also, does anyone know Oxford's policy on resits? I do CIE A-levels and I'm 90% positive I won't get an A* in maths - I'm doing the winter session exams and while one of my elective papers (M1) was really good, my pure paper (P3) was under extenuating circumstances and I haven't done well enough at all. In the event that I get an A I can resit in the March or May session and have my results by the 30th August, but in the hypothetical scenario that I have an offer from Oxford, will my resit be accepted?
    I resat one unit of maths (we did maths a level in one year and then further maths a level in one year, applied for physics) and still got an offer. Particularly with extenuating circumstances I wouldn't say it'll cause a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    I resat one unit of maths (we did maths a level in one year and then further maths a level in one year, applied for physics) and still got an offer. Particularly with extenuating circumstances I wouldn't say it'll cause a problem.
    Congratulations on getting an offer ! How is it so far ?

ReputationRep:
    Just got the acknowledgement email from Merton :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamara98)
    Congratulations on getting an offer ! How is it so far ?
    Thanks! Incredibly busy/hard work etc but lots of fun stuff too

ReputationRep:
    Should I expect an email acknowledging they have received my written work (send as a PDF by email)?

Are there any other English/Oriel applicants who've sent off written work yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se123888)
    Any Human Science applicants?
    Me!! what college have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    I study at Oriel, but applied to Wadham. I think my TSA overall score was aroun 68 - the TSA score is very important! If you do well in it, not only will you get an interview but you will be in with a good shot for an offer!
    Aw, I applied to Oriel! Please tell me you love it there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Good college choice there aren't many of us LMH applicants on here surprisingly What subject are you applying for?
    Chemistry , what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renaa)
    Me! What subject are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    History and Politics, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charleethompson)
    Should I expect an email acknowledging they have received my written work (send as a PDF by email)?

Are there any other English/Oriel applicants who've sent off written work yet?
    I'm freaking out as I don't know what to send ! What's your work about and how long is it ?

ReputationRep:
    For ages I'd planned to send my AS coursework as I consider it my best work, but the more I thought about it I realised its been nearly a year since wrote it, and I must have done several re drafts, so wouldn't be 'uncorrected'.
    In the end I just handed in a completely normal homework essay, as that way I can say I only had a week to do it, not months, with no help whatsoever, which may look better?
    Regardless it was just a totally standard essay I had from the end of my AS year in prep for exams.
    What are you thinking of sending?

ReputationRep:
    dOoMsDaY dRaWeTh cLoSeR

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else gone mad bc I think ive gen lost the plot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDHOrchard)
    absolutely Nat
    sme bebz
    cant wait to die less than a week woo

ReputationRep:
    Haha I won't be checking the HAT 2015 thread after sitting it next week, in case I've got it completely wrong! At least it will be over! Good luck on admissions tests everyone, I'm sure you'll all do great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Haha I won't be checking the HAT 2015 thread after sitting it next week, in case I've got it completely wrong! At least it will be over! Good luck on admissions tests everyone, I'm sure you'll all do great!
    Hahah I think I'll do the same!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charleethompson)
    For ages I'd planned to send my AS coursework as I consider it my best work, but the more I thought about it I realised its been nearly a year since wrote it, and I must have done several re drafts, so wouldn't be 'uncorrected'.
    In the end I just handed in a completely normal homework essay, as that way I can say I only had a week to do it, not months, with no help whatsoever, which may look better?
    Regardless it was just a totally standard essay I had from the end of my AS year in prep for exams.
    What are you thinking of sending?
    I'm in the French school system so the standards aren't the same. I do have essays but they're all under 700-800 words, so I told my teacher and she agreed to let me write an essay just for the application as I'm capable of doing it. I was thinking about using an essay I wrote about Voyage and Return Stories whilst comparing Lord of the Flies and Coral Island and making it more detailled, but I also have that essay I really enjoyed about the Gothic genre and why it is "delightful horror". Same issue though, it's very short. Arghhh
    How are you preparing for the ELAT ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.