The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
I believe that CA's, SM and SL's get free subs - and before that I got it through doing a certain number of welcomes in the Welcome Squad - you can also get it by doing a certain amount of posts as a Study Helper - however, I think I visited the shoutbox maybe 5-10 times and that was during the hours of about 2-4am which meant it was almost always empty barring one other person maybe... The only thing I actually enjoyed it for was seeing who repped me and having custom user title - definitely not worth the money imo...
Cheers, I'll probably do some of that when this free sub promotion expires. Sir Winston deserves to have at least 100x100 px.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
Cheers, I'll probably do some of that when this free sub promotion expires. Sir Winston deserves to have at least 100x100 px.
He does :yep:

With regards to the free sub promotion expiring, I was talking about this with someone else - now the shoutbox is gone, and that honestly being the main attraction for many subbing, TSR are really going to have to do something to make people want to buy it - the back room itself is rarely used at all, apart from posts about the shoutbox being suspended and now fully closed - and there's no motivation to pay per month to have access to a private forum which no one uses, especially since the only benefit to posting there is lack of swear filter... you might as well post in the Chat forum - for free... So I'm definitely looking forward to see what TSR are going to offer in the sub pack to get people to buy it...
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
The Third Era?

(Original post by Life_peer)
Third Reich?
I am not keen on anything with third in the title. Why not stick with the number of the parliament?
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
Why?

It is just an ideology. It isn't anymore worrying than Communism - just far-right instead of far-left.

Do you not believe in the horse-shoe theory?
What's the horseshoe theory?
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What's the horseshoe theory?
The political spectrum isn't a straight line. The far left is just as bad as the right. They curve into each other.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
The political spectrum isn't a straight line. The far left is just as bad as the right. They curve into each other.
OK then. I can understand what they mean by that. Communist genocidal dictatorship and fascist genocidal dictatorship are really one and the same.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Something along those lines, please correct me if I'm wrong.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
OK then. I can understand what they mean by that. Communist genocidal dictatorship and fascist genocidal dictatorship are really one and the same.
I used to agree with the theory but I'm less sure now. Purely ideologically I think communism is morally superior to fascism. Both being horrible in practice doesn't effect the philosophy so much imo

Not that it matters all that much. I like where I am on the political spectrum.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Yeah that's it.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Horseshoe theory is all we were taught in school... But the spectrum has so many different branches it's to simplistic.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do both of you have to have that avatar...? I used to be able to tell you apart by avatar, but you're both confusing me with who's who now...

In any case - my eyes are in pain from seeing it so much - it is truly offensive
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do both of you have to have that avatar...? I used to be able to tell you apart by avatar, but you're both confusing me with who's who now...

In any case - my eyes are in pain from seeing it so much - it is truly offensive
Do I berate you for that scribbly primary school drawing of a tree

Don't worry I'll switch back after the election. At least we have different variations lol
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I've got the one with the text, Ray hasn't.

And I'll be back to the moon-and-star when polling closes.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do I berate you for that scribbly primary school drawing of a tree

Don't worry I'll switch back after the election. At least we have different variations lol
Meanie Hahahaha, I like my tree Haha, I didn't even notice the difference - when I see it, my eyes just go really blurry and all I see is this horrible red fuzz... :/
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've got the one with the text, Ray hasn't.

And I'll be back to the moon-and-star when polling closes.
As I said above^^^ I only did just notice!
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
First is usually Sunderland South i think at about 11:30pm.
Hmm I will look out for it.
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
For the RL election I think that Labour will just about scrape through. And then it's down to coalition forming.

Here, it's difficult to predict. My first instinct is a Labour win. Then again, the GE forum seems to have been taken over by UKIP supporters, so we could see a surprise result.

What do you reckon?
Hmmm perhaps, although I have a feeling it may be a Tory minority.

Who knows, I just hope there's enough Tory seats so that I get a chance to contest a seat
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

There's too many people using the standard Tory election avatar so I've upgraded to a better one.
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
RL labour minority with a chance of voting reform.

in here:
Labour: 13 seats
liberals: 7 seats
UKIP: 6 seats
green: 9 seats
torys: 8 seats
socalists: 4 seats
barnetlad: 1
tehfrance: 1
honeywell: 1
What makes you think that?
Hm I do hope Tories get a few more, but I can see it.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Meanie Hahahaha, I like my tree Haha, I didn't even notice the difference - when I see it, my eyes just go really blurry and all I see is this horrible red fuzz... :/
You're right it was unnecessary, you didn't draw that thing. Whatever you're drinking (within reason) is on me. Actually, expenses, screw reason.

Looool. How about I get a pic of Miliband so you can all 'witness the fitness'?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads