Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Mental Health Support Society XVIII Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Essays are all done but now I'm coming down with something awful. Have brain scans today too.

Mentally not that great. Struggling to form thoughts etc. Just big waves of horrible feelings.
    Hope you feel better :console: How come you're having a brain scan?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Hope you feel better :console: How come you're having a brain scan?
    I've just gotten worse all day but thank you.

Psychiatry requested them because I suffer really bad headaches and migraines. It's just a precaution, really.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Just had an exam in my math class. Needless to say, I will probably be redoing the class next semester.

Why doesn't anything stick in my brain other than those thoughts they're putting there? Exam on Friday in the class I've failed twice; no doubt I'll be redoing that one as well even though I've been working my ass off. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I've just gotten worse all day but thank you.

Psychiatry requested them because I suffer really bad headaches and migraines. It's just a precaution, really.
    Sorry to hear :hugs:

Ah makes sense hope everythings okay sure it will be!

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Just had an exam in my math class. Needless to say, I will probably be redoing the class next semester.

Why doesn't anything stick in my brain other than those thoughts they're putting there? Exam on Friday in the class I've failed twice; no doubt I'll be redoing that one as well even though I've been working my ass off. :cry2:
    :hugs: hope you didn't fail! You really need extra support!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm meeting up with a friend tomorrow who I haven't saw in about 3/4 years and I'm both excited and terrified about it. She's very understanding about my MH but I still feel the need to try and hold it back from people other than my mum and partner. I'm glad though we are going to a place I am very familiar with at least so that's one worry off my mind :yep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: hope you didn't fail! You really need extra support!
    So far this week, I've called up, and left messages, twice for the woman who's meant to be writing the accommodations letter for me. She never calls me back and although I have a psychiatrist appointment on next Tuesday, I'll probably have to go there before then and talk to her face to face again; if she's there, which she wasn't last time. This is just getting ridiculous, it's almost finals time.

I may have to go to the psychiatrist a 40 minute - each way - drive away. I don't like this place at all. After sectioning me the first time they saw me, then that doctor retiring (not that I would agree to see her again anyway), then this and the fact that you can only make appointments a week in advance, it's ridiculous. When I lived in the Midwest the services were much better. It's just not cared about in the South, especially in tiny towns in Nowheresville.

Sorry, bit of a rant there. I'm just so fed up. Failing uni and the voices and thoughts being so loud and frequent. I was just in the bath and started crying because I'm so scared of failing this exam on Friday morning - I got 45% last time, I need at least a 75% to get into the C bracket and hence be able to proceed. But I just don't see that happening. Perhaps I could skip taking my meds Thursday night? I don't know. I know my spouse would never agree to that but maybe? I don't know.

Sorry, another rant I'm going to stop now. Really.

How're you?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I've barely slept and I have a big day at work today. ****.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    That moment when you start to finally forget stuff in real life but then it turns into all you can bloody dream about :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    God I feel ****ing horrible.

ReputationRep:
    So far this week, I've called up, and left messages, twice for the woman who's meant to be writing the accommodations letter for me. She never calls me back and although I have a psychiatrist appointment on next Tuesday, I'll probably have to go there before then and talk to her face to face again; if she's there, which she wasn't last time. This is just getting ridiculous, it's almost finals time.

I may have to go to the psychiatrist a 40 minute - each way - drive away. I don't like this place at all. After sectioning me the first time they saw me, then that doctor retiring (not that I would agree to see her again anyway), then this and the fact that you can only make appointments a week in advance, it's ridiculous. When I lived in the Midwest the services were much better. It's just not cared about in the South, especially in tiny towns in Nowheresville.

Sorry, bit of a rant there. I'm just so fed up. Failing uni and the voices and thoughts being so loud and frequent. I was just in the bath and started crying because I'm so scared of failing this exam on Friday morning - I got 45% last time, I need at least a 75% to get into the C bracket and hence be able to proceed. But I just don't see that happening. Perhaps I could skip taking my meds Thursday night? I don't know. I know my spouse would never agree to that but maybe? I don't know.

Sorry, another rant I'm going to stop now. Really.

How're you?
    deary me :facepalm: sorry to hear everythings a bit messy like that. You just need to be pushy like you've said get the time you deserve turn up again until you can get a hold of her.

What about counselling or anything at uni?

Alright just the usual stuff with me ...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Think I've blown it with therapist :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    God I feel ****ing horrible.
    :console: I feel your pain have a really nasty headache today myself

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Think I've blown it with therapist :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what happened?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    :console: I feel your pain have a really nasty headache today myself

what happened?
    She said if I keep getting triggered by the sessions, we'll have to stop, for everyone's safety :bawling: I'm so stupid :cry:

Sorry to read that you have a headache x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Conference on Mental Health being run by young people (including myself) on this weekend in West London. Details here-

https://www.rethink.org/news-views/2...lth-conference

Jonny Benjamin and Hussain Manawer are gonna be there!

Even if you are over 25 or don't live in West London, don't worry, if you can make it - we will be happy to have you!

ReputationRep:
    She said if I keep getting triggered by the sessions, we'll have to stop, for everyone's safety :bawling: I'm so stupid :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're not stupid, therapy is really tough even with robust distress management and not having dissociative symptoms. If the pace needs slowing, it needs slowing. Nobody's fault.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Meeting up with my old friend today went really well :yep: honestly didn't feel like it was 3 years since I last saw her.

I think it done me good today to get out for a little while with someone else other than my mum or partner, not meaning that in a bad way or anything, I just feel like sometimes I rely on them a bit too much or use them as a crutch.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Saw CCO who swiftly called in psychiatrist who said she was going to call a mental health act assessment as I told them that the governemnt were putting thoughts in my head (bad things, won't act on them). But compromised and now have to stay at mum's who thinks my schizophrenia is caused by me getting vaccines in one go when I was 18 against her wishes. Better than hospital.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs:
    Yeah Tara's right therapy is hard work, I'm sure you won't have ruined things and maybe changing the pace is what's needed? Maybe she should be addressing the reasons behind you getting triggered and deal with them/discuss them.

Thanks it's subsided a little
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    deary me :facepalm: sorry to hear everythings a bit messy like that. You just need to be pushy like you've said get the time you deserve turn up again until you can get a hold of her.

What about counselling or anything at uni?

Alright just the usual stuff with me ...
    I saw a counselor for 3 sessions and she told me she was a bit out of her depth but referred me to a psychiatrist who has a very small-scale private therapy practice and he agreed to see me. I was meant to call him to set up an appointment but haven't this week because of my exams so will do next week.

I get a lot of headaches and what I've found helps is paracetamol, aspirin, and caffeine combined tablets (even though I'm technically not meant to take aspirin ), it seems to work a lot better than paracetamol on its own. I just have Walmart own brand, but I think Superdrug or Boots would probably have it if you wanted to give it a try. Although if you're getting headaches daily there is other stuff you could do.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a counselor for 3 sessions and she told me she was a bit out of her depth but referred me to a psychiatrist who has a very small-scale private therapy practice and he agreed to see me. I was meant to call him to set up an appointment but haven't this week because of my exams so will do next week.

I get a lot of headaches and what I've found helps is paracetamol, aspirin, and caffeine combined tablets (even though I'm technically not meant to take aspirin ), it seems to work a lot better than paracetamol on its own. I just have Walmart own brand, but I think Superdrug or Boots would probably have it if you wanted to give it a try. Although if you're getting headaches daily there is other stuff you could do.
    That's quite good then make sure you don't put off calling for too long though

Thanks for the advice will bare it in mind

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.