Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Come on you gunners! My mum and grandad were there, wish I could have gone.

ReputationRep:
    When Song went of, I thought Denilson was coming on. Not dissing Denni or anything, but hes not the lad you'd put on when you want a goal tbh. But Wenger bit the bullet and played an attacking sub, when personally, i THought Denilson woulda came on.

Kudos to monsieur Wenger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Yeah there's definitely complacency. The substitutions by Guardiola were also a bit strange. :confused:

:ditto: I thought the high line was a complete lottery. I don't think you'll get away with it at the Nou Camp. Real Madrid played a high line, it didn't end too well.
    Tbh Guardiola's subs weren't nearly as bad as people make out. He put in Keita for extra steel in midfield to help tired legs, it was more of a collective let down rather than subs IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Tbh Guardiola's subs weren't nearly as bad as people make out. He put in Keita for extra steel in midfield to help tired legs, it was more of a collective let down rather than subs IMO.
    Why did he take Villa off instead of the ineffective Pedro?

ReputationRep:
    We'l trade you Carrick for Wilshire :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newlife)
    We'l trade you Carrick for Wilshire :holmes:
    Offer declined.

ReputationRep:
    Jack ****in' Wilshere.

What a player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tzarchasm)
    Offer declined.
    Fine take Bebe too.

(Or Obertan, he's french. should fit right in)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Jack ****in' Wilshere.

What a player.
    Him or Kos for MoTM. 19 years old, against Xavi and Iniesta. Not phased in the slightest, got better as the game went on. Magnifico.

ReputationRep:
    I was suprised Song wasn't subbed before the 2nd half he really wasn't playing well..I was like 'WTF!! DID U FORGET YOU HAVE A YELLOW CARD':facepalm: Nevertheless

BTW over texts and FB i have been getting a significant number of messages rearding the last 6years and the 2nd leg of this tie. FFS Arsenal fans aren't retarded we know there is a 2nd leg, that doesn't mean we cant enjoy this moment...and then you get people trying to rain on my parade with **** like 'you haven't won a trophy in 6yrs etc'. People are always gonna hate I can even bet if we were to win the prem double you would still get haters saying ' you may have won now but you didn't win **** for 6 years, jam your hype'. people are always gonna use this 6 year drought against us

ReputationRep:
    http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/33...elona?tab=motm

Voted Wilshere. 32% have so far.

ReputationRep:
    Well done arsenal!!! didn't think you guys would win.

Wilshere :dice: 19 years of age as well :eek:

i am hearing that he had 100% pass rate, is that true? how many passes?

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal 2 Barcelona 1. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    I wrote in the other thread about the constant pressuring tiring the players I agree. It's just that the Camp Nou crowd gives you that extra push 'making sure' your level doesn't drop to low.

Currently I see the tie as 60%-40% in our favour.
    Are they usually able to keep pressing nearly as much as they did early on? Also, is Puyol set to be back for 2nd leg?

ReputationRep:
    How cute was it when RvP ran towards AW and hugged him? :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Performance was OK, got a lot better in the second half. Great pass from Nasri for the second goal.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Tonight was no mystery. I said we had to make the most of the one advantage we had and we did. Again. We play in a more physically demanding league and we were the fitter side going into the last 20 minutes. Players like Wilshere have an amazing engine and running power and can sprint about for the full 90. The second Arsenal goal was a throwback to the Henry-Pires-Vieira days when we used to score goals like that for fun. Against tiring legs, it's not too difficult to do.

We were playing an exceptional side and that involved a lot of work but there is a lot of room for improvement. Song and Fabregas were terrible (and that is no exaggeration). I thought Kos and Djourou did the best they could but Villa's goal is just down to movement and precision that no team can cope with. Walcott did well. Nasri, less so. Van Persie missed 2 fantastic opportunities that you cannot afford to miss in ties like this.

I'm not trying to have a go at the players -- I'm just saying that we weren't at our best today and Wenger should look to improve the performances for the second leg. Until then, the lads will have to put that out of their minds. We have 3 domestic trophies we're aiming for as well and there cannot be a dip in effort-levels in those games. It'll be nice to have Sagna and Vermaelen back for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Agreed, you were looking reasonably comfortable and at 1-0 the tie is virtually done and dusted, Wenger knew this which is why AA came on for Song. Sub was fine, we scored 2 good goals

ReputationRep:
    Well that wasn't a bad game, was it?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.