Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Federer breaks to take the second set 7-5. He now serves first in the third.

Shame he didn't break when at 4-5 up though -- that attempted run-around of Murray's second serve at 0-40 was too predictable.

ReputationRep:
    Federer 2 sets up, playing really really well! How much more can Murray offer, he did so well to save 5 set points, but he just has to wait and hope Fed's level drops I think.

ReputationRep:
    This is the best Federer has played at Wimbledon in years, even better than 2012. I just hope he gets through in straight sets and he plays as well in the final.

ReputationRep:
    Federer broken once since the French Open and handling Murray pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    It's been majestic from Federer so far, I don't see him allowing what happened against Tsonga to happen again here, his serve has just been a fortress so far. If he plays like this in the final then he's won it in my opinion but he won't get the same easy 2nd serves against Djokovic in the final

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    This is the best Federer has played at Wimbledon in years, even better than 2012. I just hope he gets through in straight sets and he plays as well in the final.
    It will be a shame if Federer has to play more than 3 sets because he is clearly better this match. He needs all the rest for a good final. If he plays like today he can definitely win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    It will be a shame if Federer has to play more than 3 sets because he is clearly better this match. He needs all the rest for a good final. If he plays like today he can definitely win.
    Yeah he needs to finish this in 3 otherwise he would probably be too tired to beat Djokovic.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he needs to finish this in 3 otherwise he would probably be too tired to beat Djokovic.
    Looks like he will finish in 3 so far

ReputationRep:
    In my view, this is the best Wimbledon tournament he's played since 2007 (so far).

ReputationRep:
    Almost 34 year Olderer beats Peak Murray in 3. Too good this guy.

ReputationRep:
    Brutal display of tennis from Federer and he's looking good for Wimbledon #8 and Grand Slam #18

ReputationRep:
    Frack me, the backhand from Fed.

Fed breaks to win in straight sets.

7-5, 7-5, 6-4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    Looks like he will finish in 3 so far
    You were right.

(Original post by Krish4791)
    In my view, this is the best Wimbledon tournament he's played since 2007 (so far).
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Brutal display of tennis from Federer and he's looking good for Wimbledon #8 and Grand Slam #18
    Yeah!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've seen him play that well in my life, and I've been watching him at Wimbledon since 07.

ReputationRep:
    Federer was in genius mode. There was nothing Murray could do about it.

Hope he does the same to Novak on Sunday - now that would be fun!

ReputationRep:
    Murray out yet again in another semi final. His US Open win in 2012 and Wimbledon win in 2013 are starting to look more and more like flashes in the pan. He bottles it against the top players in grand slams time and time again. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he will never win a grand slam ever again. He was at his peak in this grand slam and still lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Murray out yet again in another semi final. His US Open win in 2012 and Wimbledon win in 2013 are starting to look more and more like flashes in the pan. He bottles it against the top players in grand slams time and time again.
    Good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Federer 10-0 in Wimbledon SF. Hopefully he can make it 8-2 on Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    https://vine.co/v/evmEBvv3qvW

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.