Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Velvetgh0st)
    As I've lived in Belfast for 4 years I kinda fancy being back in England and Surrey is a guaranteed year abroad but then queens is Russell group and more well respected 🤔
    Go for the certain Year Abroad - it will add heaps to your CV in terms of experience and employability.

ReputationRep:
    Firming Bristol, insurance Cardiff

ReputationRep:
    What is the best uni for law with these grades
    Either
    1. AAB
    2 ABB
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am probably going to University of Edinburgh, to study international Relations and International law. Anybody got any opinions on the course in term of quality, prestigue, employability or other aspecta. Also, how easy it is to get internships and relevant experience in Edinburgh? How is University there? Heard the city is beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martinnmartin)
    What is the best uni for law with these grades
    Either
    1. AAB
    2 ABB
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it straight law that you want? RG universities want AAA or above. However if you are prepared to do Law with Politics, with a language or with criminology it is AAB depending on the university. All the details can be found on each university website. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    If you do law with politics / criminology does it count as an LLB/ a qualifying law degree? Or do you then have to do a GDL? Or something else post-grad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coreling)
    If you do law with politics / criminology does it count as an LLB/ a qualifying law degree? Or do you then have to do a GDL? Or something else post-doc?
    If it says llb at the end then it is qualifying but if it days BA or something else then you would have to do a conversion course aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coreling)
    If you do law with politics / criminology does it count as an LLB/ a qualifying law degree? Or do you then have to do a GDL? Or something else post-grad?
    I heard that it would count and be awarded as an LLB if you did the necessary core Law modules in addition to whatever Politics/Criminology ones you need to be awarded the BA... haven't looked more into that I'm afraid :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    If it says llb at the end then it is qualifying but if it days BA or something else then you would have to do a conversion course aswell

Read the course site carefully. I think one or two BAs may be QLD - such as the Warwick BA Law with Social Sciences. If you go that route, be sure to take the appropriate modules.

ReputationRep:
    See above

ReputationRep:
    Exeter or Leeds? Leaning towards Exeter, so what do you think of it i.e. reputation, teaching, student satisfaction.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie_Spencer)
    Exeter or Leeds? Leaning towards Exeter, so what do you think of it i.e. reputation, teaching, student satisfaction.
    Thanks
    Exeter, even though Leeds has better nightlife from what I've heard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    Is it straight law that you want? RG universities want AAA or above. However if you are prepared to do Law with Politics, with a language or with criminology it is AAB depending on the university. All the details can be found on each university website. Hope this helps.
    ...Liverpool ask for AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshp)
    ...Liverpool ask for AAB
    But is Liverpool RG?

ReputationRep:
    But is Liverpool RG?
    Yeah, at least it was last November when I applied?

ReputationRep:
    But is Liverpool RG?
    It is, albeit not a very good one lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    It is, albeit not a very good one lol
    Still a RG though which is what I was saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshp)
    Still a RG though which is what I was saying
    Did I ever suggest anything to the contrary?

ReputationRep:
    ucl durham or kings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconwoo)
    ucl durham or kings?
    They're all very good. Depends where you would want to live and whether you think your likely to get the grades

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.