Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ib_hopeful)
    When do we get to know everybody's stats?
    I think it's on the 5th on October that they post the deciles and averages (someone said this on a thread)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sciencelover99)
    I sat my UKCAT and got:
    VR: 600 (didn't go too well)
    AR:680
    QR:790
    STJ Band 2
    So my overall average is 690

I have 11 A*s at GCSE, 4 As at AS and am predicted 3A*s at A level. I was thinking of applying to Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and Oxford but am concerned about Manchester and Birmingham because my UKCAT score is a little low. Any advice?
    UKCAT for bham and manchester is fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, is 3 weeks enough to revise ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoemccarthy34)
    WOW your so smart!!!! Timing is such an issue for me in QR. Also in the exam can you use the + symbol on the keyboard or do you have to click with the mouse?
    Hahaha well I wouldn't go that far aw don't worry it was for me too it got better. No you can use the keyboard shortcuts luckily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123ash)
    NO seriously, I'm jealous but in a nice way. Excellent score and you obviously deserve it! In Mock A on the UKCAT website i got 450 too, thats only 9 correct. But Ive not got any better since. Going to do the UKCAT test B now.

Thanks for the hope!

*Are you a Undergrad or GEM candidate.*
    QR gets easier as you go through the mocks and undergrad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1234567)
    Sorry, just need to ask one more question.
    Is medic portal a course? If so, was it useful?
    Medic portal is a question bank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabella1999)
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    UKCAT for bham and manchester is fine!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for the advice😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    you get full marks for your gcses at birmingham and only drop like 0.66 of a point for your ukcat. it's worth applying there still!
    What do you think about Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    .i just had a small q.
    does anybody know if the ''next in sequence question'' and''as to'' qs in AR merit more reward than the type 1 qs if you know what i mean.i was just curious is it worth while spending time on these qs as it is possible to answer more of the other type in the same time.
    thanks urgent reply required ukcat tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Quick one,
    Everyone goes on about modify, 1000Q and such for a accurate representation of the real test.
    What is UKCAT ninja like in comparison? Is it any good/worth the money?

Thanks.

I have UKCAT on thursday done all modify mocks, only UKCAT C left and want to get used to rapid question answering. Especially with QR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saif.khalid14)
    .i just had a small q.
    does anybody know if the ''next in sequence question'' and''as to'' qs in AR merit more reward than the type 1 qs if you know what i mean.i was just curious is it worth while spending time on these qs as it is possible to answer more of the other type in the same time.
    thanks urgent reply required ukcat tomorrow
    Every question is worth the same number of marks

ReputationRep:
    QR gets easier as you go through the mocks and undergrad
    Wow, Your score is a GEM students dream. Thanks for the tips.

What is a good UG score? OBVS your score is excellent!*

ReputationRep:
    Got UKCAT average 640! Where can I apply?

Or rather, where should I NOT apply?

ReputationRep:
    I used medify, medic portal and official movks. Didn't do any specific maths practice
    Hello. Well done for your results! I was just wondering in your opinion which did you think was more useful medify or the medic portal question bank?

Thank you and well done again!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! So relieved to get my UKCAT over and done with, honestly this thread has been my saviour over the past month!! In the end I got:

VR: 680
    (WAY harder than any mock I have done, was getting 750-800 in them all passages are quite long, and I was so terribly nervous I probably ruined my chances for this section anyway. UKCAT mock A was probably most similar to the passage lengths, or ISC 1000Q. My advice would be STAY calm!! And do the normal scanning tecnique thing)
    AR: 860
    (SO SO happy. In the exam, I was convinced I did badly as I thought half the patterns had a secondary condition like the ones in basically every mock, but apparently not! The patterns were not EASY per se, I actually found them quite difficult but idk magic happens. Id say the mock most similar to it is UKCAT mock C or A, it is nowhere near as hard as B)
    QR: 890
    (OH MY GOD THE MOCKS ARE SOOOO DECIEVING. Every single practice question I had ever done was a million times harder. I would honestly say add 100-150 on the scores you get in the mocks and that is likely to be your score. All of the questions were simple percentage increase, average, median and mode questions, and the data was very easy to interperet. This section really calmed me down from my awful VR. HAVE HOPE EVERYONE)
    SJ: Band 1
    (The passages were a lot longer than in mocks and me, who usually has about 18 minutes to spare, only had 6, so if you generally finish around the time be aware of this! In general pretty similar to the mocks except there were a few ambiguous questions thar I literally changed a thousand times)

Overall total= 2430, average=810! So so relieved, bring on the BMAT now (sigh). If anyone has any questions please ask!
    Could I please ask what your technique is for verbal reasoning? >.< Your scores are absolutely amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adulay)
    got 673, how is this for dentistry at Kings or Queen Mary's. Feeling disappointed at the moment
    My friend got an interview from Kings and Queen Mary for Dentistry last year with a score of 670 so I'd say you're in a good position.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    congrats on your amazing score! Do you mind me asking how much work you did overall? And how did you improve your timing? Did you do medify's limited time practice? Basically what did you do in detail to get such an amazing score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sciencelover99)
    What do you think about Manchester?
    Not too sure about medicine as I'm hoping to apply for dentistry
    sorry
    But I think you would be safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123ash)
    Wow, Your score is a GEM students dream. Thanks for the tips.

What is a good UG score? OBVS your score is excellent!*
    Are you a grad? Idk anythinf about GEM aha and I'm not sure, think most uni cut offs last year were like 650-675 so around there probably

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.