Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al.n.rees)
    thats what i got
    Yep. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=-l...hrome&ie=UTF-8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GillyTheGhillie)
    You see, this is my problem, it IS their fault, if you don't know the specification like the back of your hand, and then some, you HAVE NOT done enough revision, none of the calculations were complicated, nothing was off-spec, none of the questions were worded badly, this wasn't some wet and oily lap in the reasonably priced car, this was perfect conditions, it was the choice of every student whether they wanted to drive the reliant robin (not revise) or a McLaren 675LT (revise).
    But the exam isn't the only variable here, have you considered maybe the things that people have had to deal with throughout the year, or even on the morning of the exam? I just thought that a bit of empathy could go a long way, and consoling someone might be a bit more pleasant than lecturing them on the assumption they haven't done enough revision

ReputationRep:
    i got such high scores in all past papers and that just went terribly, and to make matters worse everyone seems to have found it easy! goodbye A* goodbye uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GillyTheGhillie)
    Exactly. I guarantee there is not a single person here who came out of that exam feeling like they did awfully, who actually did enough revision.
    Maybe that's true but you just don't say those things haha. No point making people feel worse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yiz)
    i got such high scores in all past papers and that just went terribly, and to make matters worse everyone seems to have found it easy! goodbye A* goodbye uni
    You can still do well in life and get into Uni without an A*. Chill. With good AS/coursework/f324 you can still achieve an A.

ReputationRep:
    that looks right
    (Original post by jadder1224)
    Attachment 555004 guys i put this but it wasnt co32- was it? Will i lose marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaoimheMee)
    did anyone get 11.73 for ph of dilute NaOH?

20cm^3 of 0.0270mol dm^3 NaOH diluted and made up to 100cm^3
    mole of Naoh= 5.4x10^-4
    concenctration of NaOH in 100cm^3 = 5.4x10^-3
    POH=2.267
    so pH= 11.73
    Didn't they add 20cm^3 of 0.0270 mol of NaOH to 100cm^3 of water, so the total volume would be 120cm^3? That would make [NaOH] = 0.0054/0.120 = 0.045

I may well be wrong here.

ReputationRep:
    i think generally the exam was good however i think that there were some sneaky parts that you could have lost marks on

(Original post by BioStudentx)
    Maybe that's true but you just don't say those things haha. No point making people feel worse!

ReputationRep:
    is the unoffical mark scheme out yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaharAli978)
    that looks right
    Is K2SO4 (aq) the same as 2K+(aq) + SO42- (aq)

ReputationRep:
    SO42- I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TJB12345)
    Yep. Both allowed in mark schemes (as shown by previous past papers).

(Original post by SaharAli978)
    i think generally the exam was good however i think that there were some sneaky parts that you could have lost marks on
    Yeah, flicking the page I genuinely couldn't believe how generous it was. Around 85+ marks of the exam were repeat qs from past papers . Looks like they ran out of things to ask tbh.

ReputationRep:
    no.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't they add 20cm^3 of 0.0270 mol of NaOH to 100cm^3 of water, so the total volume would be 120cm^3? That would make [NaOH] = 0.0054/0.120 = 0.045

I may well be wrong here.
    It was made up to 100 cm^3

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people actually have the time to be on here arguing over how much revision someone may or may not have done. You've done the bloody exam, and 7 hours later you're still talking about this. Someone just make an unofficial mark scheme already. It didn't take this long for one last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uk_shahj)
    yeah i got that, haven't seen anyone else say they got this yet though
    that's what i got but is it right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President J)
    no.
    Yes, they are the same thing! They're both allowed (I'm 99.9% sure).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    I can't believe people actually have the time to be on here arguing over how much revision someone may or may not have done. You've done the bloody exam, and 7 hours later you're still talking about this. Someone just make an unofficial mark scheme already. It didn't take this long for one last year.
    No one can be bothered... It's 100 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    Yes, they are the same thing! They're both allowed (I'm 99.9% sure).
    I've never seen it being allowed in a mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President J)
    I've never seen it being allowed in a mark scheme.
    They're both allowed. Same thing. It's came up two times before in past papers and both times they've allowed either...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.