The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    Suppose we'll see what happens. Would mean cheaper tickets as well, which is always good.
    If they add standing but on a one-to-one basis to current seating then prices won't drop..

ReputationRep:
    It is clear that Mourinho must have something in his United contract where he has to watch what he says during interviews and so on, his United press conferences are soo boring as compared to the ones he did at previous clubs.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Will take a very long time tbh. Liverpool will feel obliged to oppose it since such a sensitive topic for so many families.
    Could equally occur the other way. The disaster was caused by failures of the police and of crowd control, not by safe standing or the actions of irresponsible fans. The Hillsborough disaster and the acceptance of those facts by the establishment publicly, would only truly be brought to an end when the misconceptions and myths that were purported by the establishment as cover for their own failings were laid to rest. In opposition to safe standing, you're still kind of giving them a get out when it comes to owning responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    Its a disgrace that the match is on a Monday night...PL fixtures should be played on Saturday or Sunday not Fridays-Monday...

Especially such a big game which is one of the biggest games in the world, Saturday 5:30 or any time on Sunday would have been fine. Having a 8pm KO not only effects logistics but also the people who will have to travel to Liverpool presumably after work. Also the International viewers will no doubt be adversely effected.

ReputationRep:
    Plus don't forget the booze-driven violence that happened in the Europa league ties. A fiercely contested derby at night time never goes well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
    Its a disgrace that the match is on a Monday night...PL fixtures should be played on Saturday or Sunday not Fridays-Monday...

Especially such a big game which is one of the biggest games in the world, Saturday 5:30 or any time on Sunday would have been fine. Having a 8pm KO not only effects logistics but also the people who will have to travel to Liverpool presumably after work. Also the International viewers will no doubt be adversely effected.
    Im not a fan of Mondays, but I quite like Friday night football, although admitedly the chance of me being able to afford to go to games is precisely none. I dontnlike Monday football though, feels like an afterthought.

Im amazed the police have allowed this game to be a late kick off and I'd actually be pretty surprised if their isnt crowd issues after a whole day of drinking...

As for standing in stadiums, thats fine, but anyone who thinks that PL clubs are going to significantly reduce their ticket income is mad.

ReputationRep:
    With Chelsea winning today we absolutely NEED to beat Liverpool....

We cannot lose otherwise just making top 4 will be stupidly tough. Hopefully Everton can hold City up and maybe get a draw that would make things more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    With Chelsea winning today we absolutely NEED to beat Liverpool....

We cannot lose otherwise just making top 4 will be stupidly tough. Hopefully Everton can hold City up and maybe get a draw that would make things more interesting.
    Exactly the same for us tbh, although since we're already 3 points clear of you, a loss wouldn't be disastrous for us.

Hell even a draw would be alright, but I'm sure the players know they have enough to win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Exactly the same for us tbh, although since we're already 3 points clear of you, a loss wouldn't be disastrous for us.

Hell even a draw would be alright, but I'm sure the players know they have enough to win.
    We are drifting further apart! We really should have beaten Stoke ffs

If we lose I can already see a poisonous atmosphere around Mourinho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    We are drifting further apart! We really should have beaten Stoke ffs

If we lose I can already see a poisonous atmosphere around Mourinho.
    Even if you win, you have Chelsea next too.

Two losses and you're in real trouble, but let's not forget how long there is to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Two losses and you're in real trouble, but let's not forget how long there is to go.
    True but I'm not confident at all because we have been the least consistent team out of the big teams.

Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Man City have all had pretty much consistent games whereas we have been all over the place.

Anyway i pray we can beat you guys but i wouldn't be surprised if you beat us like 3-0

ReputationRep:
    Let's give Liverpool the L

ReputationRep:
    Honestly think you're going to get the D from Liverpool on Monday(yes I see a draw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirAlexFerguson)

Anyone going/driving from Manchester is going to have a tough time getting there because of the athletes parade.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at United fans gassing over their team at the start of the season. Klopp is going to humiliate you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Lol at United fans gassing over their team at the start of the season. Klopp is going to humiliate you.
    Lol at you waiting for the Arsenal match to finish before posting this. Strong confidence in your team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Lol at you waiting for the Arsenal match to finish before posting this. Strong confidence in your team.
    And we won. I am not going to stick my neck in and **** you off when we have not even won yet because that is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Two words:

Tom & Ford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Two words:

Tom & Ford
    Who is Tom Ford? Tell me about him.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.