This discussion is closed.
Little Tail Chaser
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Almost at 4000 :awesome:

The Year 12s only have 1500 :teehee: I feel like I should go over and gloat to Usy later
foreverstrong_97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
I don't know why we're getting so many of them I mean, it's not like it says '2012-2013' in the thread title, or anything.

I sit at home correcting people's grammar. Do go on about how your life is sadder than mine

:awesome:
Its fine Im used to it Ahh Ok then I was just being nice but meh your life is sadder :yep: <Joke
Little Tail Chaser
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MangoFreak)
Awh man, the sixth form to which I'll probably be going doesn't do Computing (at least not in 2012, they might add it for 2013, perhaps )
Email them and ask
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

The Year 12s only have 1500 :teehee: I feel like I should go over and gloat to Usy later
Posting twice... The same thing... Thats spamming :eek:
MangoFreak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Dalek1099)
It is a mickey mouse subject,its just as bad as
Law.
http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604
LEARN WHAT A MICKEY MOUSE SUBJECT IS

Honestly I've never even heard it applied to A-Levels before today. But if we're going to, a Mickey Mouse subject is viewed as trivial, worthless or irrelevant.

The C LIST could be considered Mickey Mouse, but even then not really; they're still A Levels that some places (not necessarily universities) would accept!
Little Tail Chaser
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shadab786ahmed)
Huh? I hadn't realised that had happened.

Thanks for telling me, I'll go and delete one of them
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
Email them and ask
I'll be going to the open evening in November so I'll ask then :ahee:
MangoFreak
Rep:
?

You're not supposed to be able to double post...The system won't let you post "a duplicate of a post of your from the last 5 minutes" :holmes:
foreverstrong_97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
LOOOL! Nooooo posting loads of emoticons is spamming

Waheyy!!! :woo: :woo: :woo: Yes you should definietly do that
chloe--
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Awh man, the sixth form to which I'll probably be going doesn't do Computing (at least not in 2012, they might add it for 2013, perhaps )
Damnnnn

They might add it, you never know The one I'd love to go to (if I get in, damn not being a Catholic) does, but if I don't get in, I have no idea about the others.
Little Tail Chaser
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You're not supposed to be able to double post...The system won't let you post "a duplicate of a post of your from the last 5 minutes" :holmes:
That's odd then
Dalek1099
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
LEARN WHAT A MICKEY MOUSE SUBJECT IS

Honestly I've never even heard it applied to A-Levels before today. But if we're going to, a Mickey Mouse subject is viewed as trivial, worthless or irrelevant.

The C LIST could be considered Mickey Mouse, but even then not really; they're still A Levels that some places (not necessarily universities) would accept!
Some places still accept them but thats not what a mickey mouse subject is its about ones that top universities don't accept,unless related to the course and that isn't always true eg.Law.
Little Tail Chaser
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does anyone know exactly how applying to Sixth form works? Is it like university, so you apply to a few, or can you only apply for one?

I could probably Google it but I'm lazy.
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloe--)
Damnnnn

They might add it, you never know The one I'd love to go to (if I get in, damn not being a Catholic) does, but if I don't get in, I have no idea about the others.
The other sixth form I'm considering might do it It's one of the few state boarding schools though, so I would either need to pay boarding fees (somewhat, bursaries would help ) or get the full scholarship, of which there is only one for each year
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Lol, I was joking but yeah, if you must
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
Does anyone know exactly how applying to Sixth form works? Is it like university, so you apply to a few, or can you only apply for one?
I'm fairly certain you can apply to all of them, theoretically :ahee:

Norfolk students go to this website dedicated to career and education futures and apply through that. We can still apply directly to the college (and we must for private colleges and certain state schools) but that seems really helpful :awesome:

If you don't apply through a dedicated county website, it's unlikely that anywhere you apply will know that you've applied anywhere else, so it couldn't be regulated like UCAS.
foreverstrong_97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Noo Im sure you can apply for more than one :yep: Round where I live you can because you need to get offers from them to see which one would take you in so yeah apply for as many as you want ...but most have the catchment area rule thing so you may be limited
Little Tail Chaser
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm fairly certain you can apply to all of them, theoretically :ahee:

Norfolk students go to this website dedicated to career and education futures and apply through that. We can still apply directly to the college (and we must for private colleges and certain state schools) but that seems really helpful :awesome:
Ahh right, thanks
Little Tail Chaser
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by foreverstrong_97)
Noo Im sure you can apply for more than one :yep: Round where I live you can because you need to get offers from them to see which one would take you in so yeah apply for as many as you want ...but most have the catchment area rule thing so you may be limited
Do you know if London has an online system like the one Norfolk has?
Dalek1099
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I could probably Google it but I'm lazy.
Its not the same as university,I think its like applying for Secondary school but I'm not too sure-I will definetley get into my sixth form/college I think though.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Do you have any savings?