Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Room Student)
    Haha thanks In all honesty I'm looking forward to it - but not from excitement, but the anticipation that's making me count down the days...

Either way, I need to take my mind off it
    Same! I'm kinda on both sides of the fence to be honest. I want results day to come, but at the same time I don't want it to come. But now I just wanna get it over and done with, you get what I mean? And yh, it's the build up! WOO HOO come on GUYS! WE CAN DO IT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Anyone here planning on doing the EPQ?
    Yup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixirs)
    Yup
    You doing it alongside 4 subjects? I wanna do a Physics related one.

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering it but I don't really know much about it. Is it sort of like a thesis but A-Level standard instead of a degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsjmcgrath)
    I'm considering it but I don't really know much about it. Is it sort of like a thesis but A-Level standard instead of a degree?
    It's a 5000 word essay and you can base it on whatever you like.

ReputationRep:
    You doing it alongside 4 subjects? I wanna do a Physics related one.
    I am, as part of enrichment.
    Oooo nice, any title ideas?

ReputationRep:
    I am, as part of enrichment.
    Oooo nice, any title ideas?
    No not yet but Physics has hundreds of topics that interest me. What are you looking to do yours on? Our school has loads of options for enrichment but I'm doing Further Maths which is at the same time. I was looking forward to doing a language course.

ReputationRep:
    It's a 5000 word essay and you can base it on whatever you like.
    Oh, okay. That doesn't sound too bad. I may have a crack at it considering it's one of the "enrichment" options my school tries ever so hard to promote.

ReputationRep:
    No not yet but Physics has hundreds of topics that interest me. What are you looking to do yours on? Our school has loads of options for enrichment but I'm doing Further Maths which is at the same time. I was looking forward to doing a language course.
    Ooo, I'm sure you'll think of one. I'm looking around media/government scandals and those sorts. Ooooh I see why can't you do language alongside Further maths? My school gives us 2 enrichment options, I'm doing work experience and EPQ. Oh and this scholarship course thing in science

ReputationRep:
    Ooo, I'm sure you'll think of one. I'm looking around media/government scandals and those sorts. Ooooh I see why can't you do language alongside Further maths? My school gives us 2 enrichment options, I'm doing work experience and EPQ. Oh and this scholarship course thing in science
    Basically there are 4 option blocks for subjects and enrichment takes place 'off-timetable', when there are no lessons. Because there is such a low intake for Further Maths (6 I think for my year) they do it off timetable so it doesn't clash with anyone's options.

ReputationRep:
    Basically there are 4 option blocks for subjects and enrichment takes place 'off-timetable', when there are no lessons. Because there is such a low intake for Further Maths (6 I think for my year) they do it off timetable so it doesn't clash with anyone's options.
    Ohhhh, it's a shame. However, further maths is a rewarding option.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh, it's a shame. However, further maths is a rewarding option.
    I think it's my best shot at an A* so I'm gonna study loads for it.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's my best shot at an A* so I'm gonna study loads for it.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Good luck
    Thanks, what options have you picked?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, what options have you picked?
    English Lit, History, French, Biology

(+ EPQ, YASS in science )

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Have you started any bridging work for further maths? I wanted to take it as an option but don't think il be able to handle the difficulty of the course

ReputationRep:
    It's compulsary at my 6th form, unfortunately, as well as enrichment. They used to let you do the GCSE equivalent one which most people knocked off the night before it was due in, but I suppose it's not a bad idea.

(Original post by Dalek1099)
    I wouldn't advise Medicine because most universities want Biology.I wouldn't advise Maths/Physics because both really want Further Maths and definetley not Engineering because you are going to need Further Maths.Chemistry is a great idea because you only need Chemistry and Maths for that and thats a great set of A-Levels for Natural Sciences.
    I didn't want to do medicine, I was actually looking into engineering but I wanted to see what else was available... My brother is doing mechanical engineering and he didn't take further maths... I don't think it's compulsory for any engineering..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is 'enrichment'? Or is it different depending on the school?

I noticed along side out frees and lessons we also have 2 periods of enrichment every 2 weeks and 2 periods of General Studies or 'Statutory' Games, or something like that....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arunthathy)
    Not really! Pakistanis and Bangladeshis do not do that well but Indians and Chinese are one of the cleverest!Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel real stupid now! Though I honestly think I am an exception to that rule. I also find it annoying hoe when people say Asian they mean Chinese, when there are loads of other different 'Asians' like you said.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.