The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bellylaugh
Well done on getting an interview! I wouldn't worry too much about tailoring your answers to a particular school as the questions they ask are likely to be very generic. Unless they ask you specifically why you want to work at that particular school, I wouldn't worry. I had my interview for School Direct and had three headmasters interview me, so I couldn't tailor my answers to a suit a particular school. I think they just want you to demonstrate a passion for teaching and an understanding of the pressures of a PGCE! Good luck!

Thanks for your help! I am glad to hear that, I think I will read up a bit more on the council of schools because all the schools are within the same council.

Thanks, it is on the 10th January so plenty of time to prepare!
Getting so impatient to hear back from Manchester Uni now, only had my interview on Monday an they said within ten working days but I just really want to know! The longer I have to think about it, the more I'm starting to think that my interview didn't go that well, and I just want to know the outcome so that I can stop dwelling on it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3962
Interview at the Institute of Education for secondary maths woooooo! It's in January so I have plenty of time to prepare myself. Really glad I've heard back so quickly, I only sent off my application on Monday and I was worried I wouldn't hear back until after Christmas :smile:
Original post by FreTims
Yeah I know... My interview was good .I was notified the ff day with an offer. What course did you apply for? Mine is Business Studies....

Oh ok. Mine is Biology. I can't stop checking track lol.
Original post by bellylaugh
I got a phone call on Tuesday with an offer and it's only just updated on Track this morning.

Original post by FreTims
I got mine through track.

Original post by kittykebab
Mine came through UCAS track the day after my interview. Though my other two interviews I had didn't even show on UCAS track, so I think it depends on the Universities/schools.

Thanks guys. Seems to vary a lot so I will keep checking...just in case! They said we would 'hear soon', whatever that means. There were only three of us there so I wouldn't think it would take long to decide.
Had an interview at Man Met on the 11th December, still haven't heard and the wait is unbearable!!!
Original post by andrea199
Got an offer from St Mary's which is my top choice! So relieved :smile: Good luck to everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh jealous! I have my interview with them on Jan 8th!

How did you find the day? Were other applicants friendly?

Thanks!
Hi guys,

I have an interview on the 8th Jan.

I have passed my Literacy skills tests and my Numeracy is on 14th Jan.

Do you think its worth me trying to move my last skills test forward, so that I have completed (and hopefully passed!) both before my interview?

Or will the fact that my second one will be in a few days be enough?

Thanks for any advice :smile:.
Hi guys, just wanting to ask some questions regarding the conditions of my offer! It says I need to get a degree with 300 credits or more with 60 at level 6. I thought level 6 was a degree itself? Or is level 6 my final year? Also, I'm not entirely sure how many credits I do get with my degree, as my first year doesn't count and the last two years have 120 credits each...could someone help me out here?
Original post by dancing_shoes92
Hi guys, just wanting to ask some questions regarding the conditions of my offer! It says I need to get a degree with 300 credits or more with 60 at level 6. I thought level 6 was a degree itself? Or is level 6 my final year? Also, I'm not entirely sure how many credits I do get with my degree, as my first year doesn't count and the last two years have 120 credits each...could someone help me out here?

Well even though your first year doesn't count, it's highly likely you still get 120 credits. I do at least. So you will have 360 credits. I thought level 6 was undergraduate degree level so I can't really help with that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airfairy
Well even though your first year doesn't count, it's highly likely you still get 120 credits. I do at least. So you will have 360 credits. I thought level 6 was undergraduate degree level so I can't really help with that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay that makes a bit more sense! No it's worded quite confusingly! Thanks :smile:
Original post by dancing_shoes92
Ah okay that makes a bit more sense! No it's worded quite confusingly! Thanks :smile:

Level 4 is first year, level 5 is second year, and level 6 is the final year. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 3972
Original post by womanonamission
Hi guys,

I have an interview on the 8th Jan.

I have passed my Literacy skills tests and my Numeracy is on 14th Jan.

Do you think its worth me trying to move my last skills test forward, so that I have completed (and hopefully passed!) both before my interview?

Or will the fact that my second one will be in a few days be enough?

Thanks for any advice :smile:.

Hey, I'm in the same position! Passed my literacy but my numeracy isn't till 25th Jan.. And I've got interviews on 9th and 15th and thinking I should bring it forward but I've got so much work to do as it is over Xmas so I don't know. I might bring it forward just to get it out of the way.

I do think though, as you've already passed one it wouldn't be an issue not passing the other but some unis say that passing both before interview can increase your chances of getting onto the course..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fabay
Hey, I'm in the same position! Passed my literacy but my numeracy isn't till 25th Jan.. And I've got interviews on 9th and 15th and thinking I should bring it forward but I've got so much work to do as it is over Xmas so I don't know. I might bring it forward just to get it out of the way.

I do think though, as you've already passed one it wouldn't be an issue not passing the other but some unis say that passing both before interview can increase your chances of getting onto the course..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If they like you, and offer you a position, it will just be conditional on you passing the numeracy test. If you've got loads of other uni work to do then I'd say just leave it. I'm sure they'll understand that your degree takes priority over the skills test. Saying that, I had passed both of mine before my interview and was the only one (out of five) that had. Most of the others hadn't even sat one of them. Good luck!
Reply 3974
Original post by Airfairy
Guys with offers - did you get your offer through track or e-mail? I don't know if I'm wasting my time constantly checking track!

I have three offers, all initially through e-mail and only one has even displayed on track yet. So check your emails, not track.
Just had an interview for Sheffield Hallam today for Secondary Geography, I think it went okay but I'm not too sure.

Has anyone heard back from the University of Sheffield? Either for PGCE or Secondary Geography? I really hope they respond soon!
I have mixed feelings about my interview today. It went okay but not quite as well as I would like. Guess I just have to wait and see!!

Still not heard from either of my other choices... :-(
Has anyone heard yet from Reading in terms of an offer?
Original post by swarfliam
Has anyone heard yet from Reading in terms of an offer?

I had an interview there on Tuesday and they said hearing before Xmas was optimistic and to expect it to take up to 3 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pebbles19
I had an interview there on Tuesday and they said hearing before Xmas was optimistic and to expect it to take up to 3 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i had one two weeks ago, they said three weeks too but that would be Christmas day though i am still hoping to hear before!

Latest

Trending

Trending