Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

PGCE 2014 Applications (NOT FOR SPECIFIC INTERVIEW TASK DISCUSSIONS) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Had Edinburgh this week, and it was also really friendly. Loved the campus, but trying not to get my hopes up just in case!

Will tomorrow be the last day for finding out before January?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glendstar)
    Had my first interview at IoE yesterday. Not sure how it went to be honest but I think my presentation was definitely better than the group interview. Just wanna know now!
    I had my interview there last week .They are generally quite quick. You might get a response today. All the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreTims)
    I had my interview there last week .They are generally quite quick. You might get a response today. All the best.
    Thanks! How did it go for you? That would be great if I did here today or tomorrow. It doesn't help that everyone keeps telling me that I'll definitely get it...

ReputationRep:
    Yay heard back from my other two choices today!

I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation.

The choices I have just mentioned are a SCITT and a School Direct. Now the school direct is accredited by the SCITT and is also one of the schools consortium schools.

My interview is one for both of the courses held in the main SCITT school.

My question is, for school direct, are you meant to focus your answers to their school because I did research the school before I applied and decided why I thought I would be suited to teaching there.

The SCITT is my first choice though!

It seems so strange haha.

ReputationRep:
    Guys with offers - did you get your offer through track or e-mail? I don't know if I'm wasting my time constantly checking track!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glendstar)
    Thanks! How did it go for you? That would be great if I did here today or tomorrow. It doesn't help that everyone keeps telling me that I'll definitely get it...
    Yeah I know... My interview was good .I was notified the ff day with an offer. What course did you apply for? Mine is Business Studies....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Guys with offers - did you get your offer through track or e-mail? I don't know if I'm wasting my time constantly checking track!
    Mine came through UCAS track the day after my interview. Though my other two interviews I had didn't even show on UCAS track, so I think it depends on the Universities/schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Yay heard back from my other two choices today!

I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation.

The choices I have just mentioned are a SCITT and a School Direct. Now the school direct is accredited by the SCITT and is also one of the schools consortium schools.

My interview is one for both of the courses held in the main SCITT school.

My question is, for school direct, are you meant to focus your answers to their school because I did research the school before I applied and decided why I thought I would be suited to teaching there.

The SCITT is my first choice though!

It seems so strange haha.
    Well done on getting an interview! I wouldn't worry too much about tailoring your answers to a particular school as the questions they ask are likely to be very generic. Unless they ask you specifically why you want to work at that particular school, I wouldn't worry. I had my interview for School Direct and had three headmasters interview me, so I couldn't tailor my answers to a suit a particular school. I think they just want you to demonstrate a passion for teaching and an understanding of the pressures of a PGCE! Good luck!

ReputationRep:

I got mine through track.

ReputationRep:
    I got a phone call on Tuesday with an offer and it's only just updated on Track this morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    Well done on getting an interview! I wouldn't worry too much about tailoring your answers to a particular school as the questions they ask are likely to be very generic. Unless they ask you specifically why you want to work at that particular school, I wouldn't worry. I had my interview for School Direct and had three headmasters interview me, so I couldn't tailor my answers to a suit a particular school. I think they just want you to demonstrate a passion for teaching and an understanding of the pressures of a PGCE! Good luck!
    Thanks for your help! I am glad to hear that, I think I will read up a bit more on the council of schools because all the schools are within the same council.

Thanks, it is on the 10th January so plenty of time to prepare!

ReputationRep:
    Getting so impatient to hear back from Manchester Uni now, only had my interview on Monday an they said within ten working days but I just really want to know! The longer I have to think about it, the more I'm starting to think that my interview didn't go that well, and I just want to know the outcome so that I can stop dwelling on it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interview at the Institute of Education for secondary maths woooooo! It's in January so I have plenty of time to prepare myself. Really glad I've heard back so quickly, I only sent off my application on Monday and I was worried I wouldn't hear back until after Christmas

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know... My interview was good .I was notified the ff day with an offer. What course did you apply for? Mine is Business Studies....
    Oh ok. Mine is Biology. I can't stop checking track lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    I got a phone call on Tuesday with an offer and it's only just updated on Track this morning.

I got mine through track.

(Original post by kittykebab)
    Mine came through UCAS track the day after my interview. Though my other two interviews I had didn't even show on UCAS track, so I think it depends on the Universities/schools.
    Thanks guys. Seems to vary a lot so I will keep checking...just in case! They said we would 'hear soon', whatever that means. There were only three of us there so I wouldn't think it would take long to decide.

ReputationRep:
    Had an interview at Man Met on the 11th December, still haven't heard and the wait is unbearable!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrea199)
    Got an offer from St Mary's which is my top choice! So relieved Good luck to everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh jealous! I have my interview with them on Jan 8th!

How did you find the day? Were other applicants friendly?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have an interview on the 8th Jan.

I have passed my Literacy skills tests and my Numeracy is on 14th Jan.

Do you think its worth me trying to move my last skills test forward, so that I have completed (and hopefully passed!) both before my interview?

Or will the fact that my second one will be in a few days be enough?

Thanks for any advice .

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just wanting to ask some questions regarding the conditions of my offer! It says I need to get a degree with 300 credits or more with 60 at level 6. I thought level 6 was a degree itself? Or is level 6 my final year? Also, I'm not entirely sure how many credits I do get with my degree, as my first year doesn't count and the last two years have 120 credits each...could someone help me out here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancing_shoes92)
    Hi guys, just wanting to ask some questions regarding the conditions of my offer! It says I need to get a degree with 300 credits or more with 60 at level 6. I thought level 6 was a degree itself? Or is level 6 my final year? Also, I'm not entirely sure how many credits I do get with my degree, as my first year doesn't count and the last two years have 120 credits each...could someone help me out here?
    Well even though your first year doesn't count, it's highly likely you still get 120 credits. I do at least. So you will have 360 credits. I thought level 6 was undergraduate degree level so I can't really help with that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.